Minfernal...

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've never even seen the little guys spawn.

As much as I desperately want one (and as a warlock feel indignantly entitled to one) I'm glad collection isn't easy for all of the pets (restless shadeling, anyone?) - so basically these guys show up at server reset only?

What I love are having specific conditions on pet spawns - weather, time of day, it would even be great to integrate mob kills to spawn their little babies that you can steal.

Yes, as a fellow Warlock I have a feeling we won't be able to raise our heads against the Frost and Arcane Mages with their Kirin Tor Familiars until we have one of the MInfernal.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
Just a heads up, over at Warcraftpets.com, one of the fellow pet hunters verified that these WILL show up as the 2nd pet in battles. So, don't neglected keeling those roaches and mice. They said the rate was about 1/20 to find one. They also said they killed the non-combat critters and that seemed to help. Thread is here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=496

There was also some interesting information that forfeiting pet battles may simply cause the same combo to spawn, rather than a new one. But, finishing the battle will cause a new one. So, it may be better to keep battling for exp rather than trying to quickly forfeit and move to the next one. http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=545
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They spawn, you just have to be very patient. VERY patient. Even with phasing, once they're spawned they're still around. Just look while on the ground instead of flying. The phasing is incredibly annoying, but it actually helped for me. I was at the base of the hill and there was nothing- went to the top, phased and they were everywhere. Still an inconvenience, but imo that just makes getting one more rewarding.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/02/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Couñtess
I have a rare minfernal. Not broken...just a rare pet. DEAL WITH IT! Sick of you guys with always wanting EZ mode in this game...whatever happened to a challenge?

That's the type of answer I expect from Mit Romney's third son- you know, the Gimpy one with the funny eye? I was thinking the same thing though when I was on my 5th week of trying to get the Higher Learning achievement for the Kirin Tor Familiar. I just wouldn't put it that way. Why? Because it would have been 10 weeks of hearthing to Dalaran every 4 hours, jumping out of work to see if it was the Illusion book or one of the others, waking up in the middle of the night- you know, just to check... They took the Time Lost Proto Drake out before I could get it- THAT upset me.

Sure, it's not easy. But right now the MInfernal may be impossible on some locations because of these weird effects that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL PURSUIT OF THE GOAL OR YOUR ABILITY TO ATTAIN IT!!!

That's why people are upset.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I have a rare minfernal. Not broken...just a rare pet. DEAL WITH IT! Sick of you guys with always wanting EZ mode in this game...whatever happened to a challenge?

That's the type of answer I expect from Mit Romney's third son- you know, the Gimpy one with the funny eye? I was thinking the same thing though when I was on my 5th week of trying to get the Higher Learning achievement for the Kirin Tor Familiar. I just wouldn't put it that way. Why? Because it would have been 10 weeks of hearthing to Dalaran every 4 hours, jumping out of work to see if it was the Illusion book or one of the others, waking up in the middle of the night- you know, just to check... They took the Time Lost Proto Drake out before I could get it- THAT upset me.

Sure, it's not easy. But right now the MInfernal may be impossible on some locations because of these weird effects that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL PURSUIT OF THE GOAL OR YOUR ABILITY TO ATTAIN IT!!!

That's why people are upset.
It still spawns. What are you talking about?

As an aside (and I added this to the warcraftpets.com discussion) I farmed pets for a little over an hour and the Minfernal never popped as a secondary pet. If that does indeed happen (the poster provided no proof), it's much, much rarer than s/he claims.
Edited by Cozzene on 10/3/2012 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/02/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Renotarshil
I have a Rare Minfernal named Zug Zug whose meteor constantly misses.

I don't know why, but this really made me laugh. =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
CRZ sucks for this pet, or its bugged... or whatever...

Look, I have spent 2-3 hours farming the black widow spawn, i had fun. decent spawn rate, could appear behind another creature in battle. Still took hours for me to get a rare.

why can't the infernal be like this? I don't think anyone here is wanting to be given the pet flat out. I love catchin these things, i do (spent hours on other pets also) but when there are so many people from other servers merged with yours, it does make it a tad unfair no? The spawn rate is terrible. Up the rate of spawns, make them appear behind others in battle as a second pet. Theres ways to make this work.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When you cannot find it or see it spawn you will think that its bugged, but i'm pretty sure a blue has confirm that its not bugged. I myself have a rare one so i can at least confirm its not bugged on all the realms that are shared with korgath/tichondrius/kil'jaeden.

also the thing with the FP and seeing them and then they are gone does not mean they are bugged. That's what i thought too, but i found the minfernals anyways
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
When you cannot find it or see it spawn you will think that its bugged, but i'm pretty sure a blue has confirm that its not bugged. I myself have a rare one so i can at least confirm its not bugged on all the realms that are shared with korgath/tichondrius/kil'jaeden.

also the thing with the FP and seeing them and then they are gone does not mean they are bugged. That's what i thought too, but i found the minfernals anyways

Kay. So my flying over the Vale yesterday, seeing about 10 of these up, as well as a rare spawn nearby, and then when I landed I go over and see nothing... that's just my imagination then? I guess someone went by and killed all the critters, leaving no bodies, OR managed to fight/forfeit all of them within a matter of seconds, as well as having killed the rare spawn and also leaving no body.

Yep. Sure not bugged. *eyeroll*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, the realms just restarted, so now's your chance
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Mage
About 15 of em just spawned when the server came back up.

Aaaaaaaaand their gone.

People sure swarmed fast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have a minfernal, uncommon, named Supremus.

If I feed him a pet biscuit, he's taller than me and half again as wide.

When I have all the types and cool model pets levelled to 25, I will return to locate a rare minfernal and make a demonology team of Infernal, Fel Flame and Willy (I want a GRELL T_T).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Perfect! A Full set of Demons-
Gregarious Grell (Currently impossible to get)
MInfernal (Extremely difficult to get)
FelFlame (I'm not at that level yet but I hope it's not stupid hard)
One Eye'd Willy or Sleepy Willy (Children's Week- I will get it this time for sure!)
There is also a Demon in the Twilight Highlands that a Shadow Priest would look good with- I'll go for one of those as well!

I have the Kirin Tor Familiar but that is more of an Arcane Mage thing than a Warlock thing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Well considering the backlash, they may want to consider tweaking it. Rare is fine, ala the Shadelings (spawn at 12am server and don't respawn after being wiped out), but nowhere on the pet's page does it state they are rare, with many people never seeing them except right after a server restart, if ever.

Edit; you can get the Gregarious Grell on ebay. They're like $10.
Edited by Cozzene on 10/3/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Ugh. Day 3 of trying to get one of these in spite of CRZ. Best part? The little pissant priest from another realm who seems to be there, regardless of time of day, chain Mind Visioning me in the hopes I'll leave, with a Minfernal out as her active companion. Greedy much?
Edited by Vayn on 10/5/2012 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Perfect! A Full set of Demons-
Gregarious Grell (Currently impossible to get)
MInfernal (Extremely difficult to get)
FelFlame (I'm not at that level yet but I hope it's not stupid hard)
One Eye'd Willy or Sleepy Willy (Children's Week- I will get it this time for sure!)
There is also a Demon in the Twilight Highlands that a Shadow Priest would look good with- I'll go for one of those as well!

I have the Kirin Tor Familiar but that is more of an Arcane Mage thing than a Warlock thing.

Agreed on all points (I have an infernal, so nyer) except that the Gregarious Grell is available via TCG. I have it, I could order you one if you really want it and we could work something out (or you could do it yourself, takes less than a day to come through).

Fel Flames are relatively rare in SMV, they spawn near and slightly around fel lava (so center map and minor outlying regions, you can fly over all in less than 5 minutes). They use the fire elemental model, but with green flames, and are level 20 in combat (down to 19 when captured).
Edited by Crimsonmage on 10/5/2012 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yet another reason CRZ was a bad idea for this game. They should get rid of it. The small number of people unsatisfied with being on quieter servers should just move (Blizzard should allow free transfers for those people).

The majority of players are inconvenienced by CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Also: why not allow the Minfernals to spawn somewhere else other than Felwood? there are several areas around kalimdor that have infernals walking around. Why not allow lower level Minfernals spawn in desolace and ashenvale?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Amazing that there's 20 people camping this pet - surely this isn't intended. Otherwise horrible idea to whoever thought of putting rare timer spawn pets with cross realms.
Edited by Nightsbane on 10/7/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]