The Sha of Many Questions

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Arguably, the Horde has not had the opportunity yet to send a delegation to the Yaungol. Remember, at this point there's only 3 Horde members (+ the player character) who've gotten far enough into Pandaria to even hear about them, let alone encounter them, and the issues that the Yaungol are facing at this point are not revealed to Nazgrim. Naturally they are going to focus on defending their new friends, the Pandaren.

On a side note, I have some questions of my own. Two of Nazgrim's crew disappear between Jade Forest and Kun-Lai Summit. Gorrok gets released from the Jade Witch, but is never seen again afterward. Shokia is rescued after the Jade Dragon statue blows up...but she completely disappears before Kun-lai and there's absolutely no mention as to what happened with her. So...were they killed offscreen or what?
Edited by Thilena on 10/2/2012 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
10/02/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Thilena
Gorrok gets released from the Jade Witch, but is never seen again afterward.

After freeing him, he can be found sleeping in Grookin Hill. He was never involved in the battle.

10/02/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Thilena
Shokia is rescued after the Jade Dragon statue blows up...but she completely disappears before Kun-lai and there's absolutely no mention as to what happened with her

''As you can see, we survived the battle at the Jade Serpent.''

That kind've hints that Rika and Shokia may have died.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I disagree, though. I think you're confusing this with the Horde's theme. It's not as if the Horde has a two-checkbox application form that says "displacer" and "displacee" with instructions to check one. What, do you expect the Horde to also help the Alliance because the Alliance are "survivors" and are being "pushed off their land"? Maybe they should instead just support *everyone*?

It's not necessarily displacer and displacee, it's the general argument that the Horde appears to use for many of its conflicts. The big one I am referring to is Ashenvale, where the Horde appears to regard it as wrong to deny people of resources if they "need" them, which makes war justified. The Yaungol now are in that same position, only for them the situation is even more dire, and there's nothing to say that they did anything to cause it, as is true with the Horde.

The Horde obviously would come down on the side of the displacee if there was no reason for it, but this is a case where it hits to the core of their reason for their war with the Alliance. It is a very similar situation, one in which the Yaungol are even more justified if that paradigm were to be applied.

I don't remember who all chimed in, but I do remember a thread once in which several posters pointed out that were it not for the negative first contact between the Orcs and the Night Elves, there's little reason that the two couldn't have been neutral, if not amicable.

Given that this is Grom we are talking about, I'm not sure if that first contact could have gone any other way. Thrall didn't do the relationship any favors after Hyjal though.

I don't think anyone has come up with an answer for Rell.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
10/03/2012 06:14 AMPosted by Kyalin

Quest:Admiral Taylor has Awakened
<Name>, is that you? I can't believe we survived the destruction of the Jade Serpent.
Some of us, anyway.

Quest:Westwind Rest
Taylor: We lost some good people.

I'm going with... dead.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/03/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Gruffe

Quest:Admiral Taylor has Awakened
<Name>, is that you? I can't believe we survived the destruction of the Jade Serpent.
Some of us, anyway.

Quest:Westwind Rest
Taylor: We lost some good people.

I'm going with... dead.

Rell wasn't at the battle though. He was injured when we left him.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
10/03/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Kyalin
Rell wasn't at the battle though. He was injured when we left him.

Still leaves Amber, though. Shame, I liked her.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
10/03/2012 06:33 AMPosted by Briswald

And Little Lu, assuming he was in the battle as well. Although he could've just returned to his village after recovering.
Edited by Gruffe on 10/3/2012 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

Kharma for killing gizmo, although, I would point out, quite a bit of this is assumed and unsupported. We have no way of knowing if she died.
Edited by Kyalin on 10/3/2012 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
10/03/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Kyalin
Kharma for killing gizmo, although, I would point out, quite a bit of this is assumed and unsupported. We have no way of knowing if she died.

We haven't exactly been told that she survived either. We've been told that some didn't survive, and Amber is missing with no mention.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

We haven't exactly been told that she survived either. We've been told that some didn't survive, and Amber is missing with no mention.

This shouldn't be confused for confirmation though. We're first relying on the testimony of an NPC, and second, making assumptions that that NPC's statement doesn't necessarily cover.

When evaluating changes to the status quo (Certain individuals previously alive becoming dead) we should, as analysts of the story, wait until we have sufficient evidence to confirm that change. At this point, we do not, and are therefore compelled to say that we don't know.

Barring further evidence of course.
Edited by Kyalin on 10/3/2012 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
10/03/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Kyalin
When evaluating changes to the status quo (Certain individuals previously alive becoming dead) we should, as analysts of the story, wait until we have sufficient evidence to confirm that change. At this point, we do not, and are therefore compelled to say that we don't know.

So, MIA until further noticed.

I'll still mark Rell as presumed Deceased.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/03/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Gruffe

For him there's even less reason to. He was injured, but he was also in friendly hands at the time. We just don't see him after the Jade Forest.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

WoWPedia entries for them both have been modified from what's known so far.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Agent_Kearnen
http://www.wowpedia.org/Rell_Nightwind
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]