Remove taunting from stampede pets..

100 Worgen Hunter
Something that i've noticed and is annoying not only to me but to tanks is when use stampede the summoned pets are taunting. Even if those pets dont have growl active when i have them out solo the are still taunting when brought out through stampede.

This needs to be removed or give us a glyph like the dk have to remove taunting from army of the dead. This is seriously annoying and stupid
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The growl is on. I assure you. Go through each pets spell book and turn it off.

Fixes it right up.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
@Stalkings

Went through my pets again and seems two of them did have their taunts on even after i had turned them off so i'lk see if that helps like you said.
Edited by Lyconis on 10/1/2012 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Isn't growl currently bugged? I'm sure I read that, and its backed up by personal experience, pet taunting bosses in dungeons when growl is off.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
10/01/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Bushsbuddy
Isn't growl currently bugged? I'm sure I read that, and its backed up by personal experience, pet taunting bosses in dungeons when growl is off.

I've only experienced the pets from stampede taunting which imo they really shouldnt do that even if growl was active when you was using that pet as your active pet. Stampede should just summon them for the extra dps
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
My Stampeded pets taunt even though every single one of their taunts are off. My summoned pets pull aggro easily whether growl is on or not. They pull of the tanks all the time. It has to be bugged or something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/01/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Bushsbuddy

No. However, you cannot edit a pet's autocast or active spells while mounted, and people think they are turning them off when they aren't really. Make sure growl is ON your pet's actual bar, and the autocast is toggled off, all while you are DISMOUNTED. Repeat x 4.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/01/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Lyconis
Stampede should just summon them for the extra dps

This would be a major nerf to the utility and burst of this ability. One major bonus of stampede is that each pet's abilities are used, so even if your raid group is missing... say, haste. When you hit stampede you gain a 2 minute haste buff from your serpent or whatever.

It really is not hard. When you make sure to turn taunt on each pet off properly, it is not even an issue. I used to have the problem all the time while leveling, cause I would swap pets around alot and forget to turn off growl. Now that I am 90 and all my pets are pretty much set, it no longer happens. Ever.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
From my experience Growl is bugged for Stampede at least when using it glyphed.

My main pet's growl is off when I summon the rest of my beasts (glyphed so they are all the same creature) They growl, so it might be possible that I would have to manually go through all of my pets and turn off growl because even though I am using it glyphed the spell still takes the characteristics of my other pets.

I have never used it un-glyphed so I am not sure what happens when you do or if the same bug occurs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've been having no issues whatsoever; turned all my taunts off days ago and they've stayed off
Reply Quote
To all the people treating us like idiots saying we have growl on, what about glyphed stampede? Obviously the main pet does NOT have growl on or he'd been dead long ago so when 4 copies all come out immediately growling something is wrong.

Also it's ALWAYS 4 growls, hell to test it I only have 3 other pets tamed and with growl off and like clockwork, 4 growls.
Edited by Übear on 10/2/2012 2:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My advice: Get 5 different buff pets like you should be doing anyway, and then make sure growl is off/they're all ferocity specced.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/01/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Lyfender
They growl, so it might be possible that I would have to manually go through all of my pets and turn off growl because even though I am using it glyphed the spell still takes the characteristics of my other pets.

Hmm, that is very possible. I don't use the glyph myself, so I really wouldn't know.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/02/2012 02:18 AMPosted by Übear
To all the people treating us like idiots saying we have growl on, what about glyphed stampede?

10/01/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Lyconis
Even if those pets dont have growl active when i have them out solo the are still taunting when brought out through stampede.

Quite clear the OP is not talking about glyphed stampede, so save your indignation please.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
To all the people treating us like idiots saying we have growl on, what about glyphed stampede? Obviously the main pet does NOT have growl on or he'd been dead long ago so when 4 copies all come out immediately growling something is wrong.

Also it's ALWAYS 4 growls, hell to test it I only have 3 other pets tamed and with growl off and like clockwork, 4 growls.

10/01/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Lyfender
My main pet's growl is off when I summon the rest of my beasts (glyphed so they are all the same creature) They growl, so it might be possible that I would have to manually go through all of my pets and turn off growl because even though I am using it glyphed the spell still takes the characteristics of my other pets.

Do you guys have combat logs showing that the summoned pets used Growl? When I tested this, whichever summoned pet was the last to use their Bite, Claw, or Smack ability was the one that had aggro, because that pet had just done the most damage. I certainly can test again, but our experiences are not lining up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah growl is a no no, I have a tank pet in my group, and when I go into 5 mans with my dps pet I forget that I have growl on my tank pet on. So when I hit stampede I instantly see growl from gnomehumper go up on the target..im like oops huntard moment. But yeah as a QoL change I wish they could make it so summoned pets dont have taunts. Because when out grinding or leveling you are swapping pets out a lot, sometimes you cant go through your 5 pets and make sure they all have growl off before a tank pulls in a instance, or you forget.

Its just a hassle to have to summon and dismiss 5 pets to make sure growl is off when you get into a group.
Edited by Toxarís on 10/2/2012 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I think it might be bugged anyway.

Growl is always off on all of my pets except Cindershella, who I solo with. I turned off growl on her going into a Coren Direbrew group.

Hit stampede.

Suddenly, ALL of my pets are rotating aggro, despite having checked not 15 minutes beforehand that all had growl turned off before queuing.

This is unglyphed stampede.

This tank might have just been a baddie because other people had aggro at various times and they had clearly wiped once when I joined. Must do more testing!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I like keeping the growl on frankly. That way if the tank is about the die I can summon my pets (all with growl on) and let them bite the bullet and give the healer enough time to heal up the tank.

Gives us a little extra utility.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I like keeping the growl on frankly. That way if the tank is about the die I can summon my pets (all with growl on) and let them bite the bullet and give the healer enough time to heal up the tank.

Or you could just taunt with your current active pet... instead of blowing a five minute cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Or you could just taunt with your current active pet... instead of blowing a five minute cooldown.

But then it dies :/, and I have to rez it. And the gap isnt as big.
Edited by Revamp on 10/2/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]