No Dead Flying Mounts in Pandaria?

90 Human Mage
I wonder if this is Blizzard's subtle way of encouraging people to lrn2play. You'll notice a lot of mobs also have move-or-be-pwned abilities as well.

10/08/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Rynlord
At least I didn't get sent to graveyard in Westfall...

Fun fact; that graveyard is at 0,0 coordinates. :3
Edited by Aureon on 10/8/2012 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
They just nerfed the speed boost of the guild perk to make getting back to your corpse slower. I really don't see them adding this convenience into Pandaria any time soon, unfortunately.

They "nerfed" it because people were having a hard time controlling their characters at 100% speed on foot and so they couldn't get back to corpses that were across narrow bridges and passages (not to mention if you lag while dead, it makes it much harder).
/support this change, there are so many places to die that you can't get to on foot from the spirit healer, they need to put in those flying ghost griffins or put spirit healers in those high and hard to reach places. I just died at Skyrange, so I had to take a rezz sickness and waste 10m sitting there with nothing to do. Q.Q
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Serious bump. Lack of spirit flying in Pandaria is complete bull. There are WAY too many locations where you can die and then can't get back to your corpse. It's not just about a pointless repair bill cost either, you're completely useless and can't do anything for 10 minutes with that BS debuff.

It's all well and good (aka elitist and douchy) for these pussies that play on PVE servers to tell everyone to just "L2P" and all, but I highly doubt they'd be singing the same tune if they had to pay to rez every time they died in a BG, aka, every time they died on a PVP server. People will literally just camp areas they know you can't spirit walk back to in order to screw over the other faction.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/01/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Magejuego
Trying to hand in dailies with the Lorewalkers? Accidentally right click a dorf who isn't Brann? BAM instakill by guards and you're eating rez sickness.

AGREED!!

Oddly enough, I was chatting to a friend online about this the other day. I hate having to wait 10 minutes for res sickness when my Ace Longpaw daily kicks my butt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Bumping, cause having to take res sickness is ridiculous
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
may as well give you an auto rez and a 50% exp/rep buff while they're at it.

Seriously, there's a penalty for dying, live with it.
\

So your saying being forced to take rez sickness and have to wait 10 mins is fair enough for dieing? No its not.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
+1
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Seriously Bumping!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Honestly I feel like SWTOR's location res bot was a perfectly classy solution. They could just give it at 90 too so it's for people that already have flying.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Agreed. I don't mind a trip back to my body when I'm dead as long as its reasonable. What's not reasonable is dying in such a place I can't reach it on foot and have to take a Rez sickness. And with the new landfall dailies on a PVP server...well have you tried getting on the alliance airship on foot? If you know of a manner please tell me. If you cannot provide an answer then you have no room to talk about it being fair that I have to Rez at the graveyard and sit around uselessly for ten minutes while doing my dailies.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

I can forward that information to the developers for further review.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

Major Nanners.
Reply Quote

There's one in particular that people have been mentioning essentially since launch, and that is if you die while fighting Major Nanners, you are forced to spirit rez as there are NO paths back up.

Edit: What Llamasham said.
Edited by Jezartroz on 11/28/2012 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I Support!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/01/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Killercaitie
At the very least, if you've bought Panda flying, you should have the ability to use the ghost gryphon.

/support
Reply Quote

If you fall off Skyrange and end up on a shelf or tiny ledge, there is no way to get back to your body.

Fighting Aetha at the top of the waterfall in the Valley. If you die during the fight, there is no way back to your body. At least, pre-5.1. If this has changed since the patch, please disregard that one.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Rygarius
If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

So, you guys can't figure out that if you need to fly/fall to get somewhere, you can't get there on foot?

I'm AMAZED. I'm sorry for this, really.... but, "We don't want to have to figure stuff out ourselves, we rely on paying subscribers to do our work for us".
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They seemed to remove it as just another stupid time sink, what we really should be asking is why did they remove it? what was the benefit ?

Same with HGWT they just want to slow us down so we cant get things done as fast as we did before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]