No Dead Flying Mounts in Pandaria?

90 Pandaren Monk
They seemed to remove it as just another stupid time sink, what we really should be asking is why did they remove it? what was the benefit ?

Same with HGWT they just want to slow us down so we cant get things done as fast as we did before.
Probably same reason they removed the Quick and the Dead.

It was a bug.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
11/28/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Jamalia
If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

So, you guys can't figure out that if you need to fly/fall to get somewhere, you can't get there on foot?

I'm AMAZED. I'm sorry for this, really.... but, "We don't want to have to figure stuff out ourselves, we rely on paying subscribers to do our work for us".

I'm pretty sure it's called Feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/28/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Jamalia
If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

So, you guys can't figure out that if you need to fly/fall to get somewhere, you can't get there on foot?

I'm AMAZED. I'm sorry for this, really.... but, "We don't want to have to figure stuff out ourselves, we rely on paying subscribers to do our work for us".

Yes, exactly.

So start listing areas that need attention so they can fix it, instead of whining about it.
Reply Quote
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

I can forward that information to the developers for further review.

There are literally hundreds of instances that we're not able to get back to our corpse. We want spirit flying out of necessity and don't like waiting to play/pay 100 gold because we had to spirit rez because of the the impossibility to retrieve your corpse due to shoddy design. It is seriously ridiculous.

We already had thought we had gotten through to the devs, and after the tweet from GC and were kind of expecting this oversight to be fixed.

How about when doing the quest to get the pitcher of water for the tillers quest? If you die up there, you spirit rez. Die to the little spirit at the end of one of the questlines for the Golden Lotus? Spirit rez. Too close to the wall with a GY right on the other side? Spirit rez. Any mountaintop, spirit rez. Any island with sheer sides... spirit rez. I am not going to name off the hundreds of locations not accessible, but you should get the hint.

The fact we have to wait 10 minutes to play and pay 100 gold due to an oversight is much more game breaking than the spirit gryphons, so if that was your reasoning, then flush it please.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Death Knight
11/28/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Lethalock
Same with HGWT they just want to slow us down so we cant get things done as fast as we did before.

This is easily my biggest turnoff with Pandaria. There's so much about the expansion I love, but I can't get past how much the game wants to monopolize my time now. It's just had the effect of getting me to play other games which have greater respect for my time.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
The Quick and the Dead needs a major buff. If we can't get 100% back we should at least have 50%. 10% is nothing, and can't even be considered a perk. It's a joke.

11/28/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Lethalock

Yeah slow us down by inconveniencing us.

With all the dailies that are out there we have plenty of stuff to get us out in the world now. Taking away our speedy ethereal forms and flying while dead as well as HGWT has proven to be a wasted idea.
Edited by Volfe on 11/28/2012 6:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

Please tell the developers that the players have been complaining about this issue since the first level 90's on each realm discovered their ghosts could not fly once they themselves learned flying.

Many people have pointed out that they have been dismounted by enemies over hill and mountain tops (such as the birds in the Valley) where they fall to their deaths and cannot get back to their corpse.....forcing them to take res sickness.

Many, many, many people (including myself) have pointed out that one of the rare spawns (Major Nanners) can only be gotten to by flying. It's hard enough trying to kill some of the rares, but making it so we lose one to the fact that we died while fighting it and had to wait ten minutes to start fighting it again......that's just discouraging. I'm not going to say it's mean and unfair, though many players feel it is...truthfully though, it is very discouraging. Especially when someone else comes along and tags the rare and kills it without inviting you into a group because they want the loot.

Most level 90 players in Pandaria that are traveling to various daily quest hubs will be flying over mountains and other high up in the air landscaping. Accidentally dismounting over these areas (or being auto dismounted once CRZ gets put in Pandaria since the issue is not being addressed) will make players unable to continue doing their dailies for ten minutes while they wait for the res sickness to go away. If this happens several times for any reason, players will feel discouraged and not want to do their dailies. For those that actively want to do their dailies, this actually IS mean and unfair. Especially if CRZ is added to Pandaria before the dismount issue is fully addressed (this especially affects players grouping up for dailies and using a 2 seater mount).

11/28/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Mondungus
I'm pretty sure it's called Feedback.

Players have been giving feedback about this issue for a very long time now.

11/28/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Velvetremedy
So start listing areas that need attention so they can fix it, instead of whining about it.

Stop picking on the players on this one, this is Blizzard's mistake. The areas that need to be listed are literally ALL OF THEM. The whole of Pandaria is a problem for ANYONE on a flying mount for a variety of reasons. Players have been reporting this for almost as long as the expansion has been out.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Or get rid of rez sickness altogether. It's a kind of stupid mechanic that doesn't serve much purpose other than making people take a 10 minute break if they die in an inconvenient place.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Quest: Nana's Vote II: The Sacred Springs

If you aggro the guardian while trying to collect the 1000 Year water and die, there is NO way back up to your body. You're put down at a graveyard near Halfhill. Convenient, eh? :p

There is a spire near the Widow's Wall close to the Arboretum in the Jade Forest. If you fly over, or too close to that spire, you will be forcibly dismounted and dropped to your death. If you're unlucky enough to land on an outcropping of that cliff, you're screwed. The graveyard you're put at is over on Windward Isle or thereabouts.

I'm as patient as they come when it comes to glitches and bugs, because you can almost always rely on the community to find a quick fix or workaround until bugs are squashed, but there is literally nothing you can do in these cases except take a 10 minute debuff, or beg someone to come rez you if they even can.

As mentioned, fighting Major Nanners, so I won't rehash that.

At the very -least-, make it so if you die in these particular areas, you'll auto-rez somewhere without penalty. I'm not even sure I understand why the spectral mounts are so undesirable. If it's to keep lowbies out of level 90 areas... hello, 2 person flying mounts. They can already get anywhere they desire if they can get to Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Let's see.

1) Major Nanners (I've experienced this one)
2) Valley of Four winds, cooking daily quest area
3) Areas along the great wall in Dreadwastes where you can cross into the zone boundry for Valley of the Four Winds and rez in the Valley instead of Dreadwastes. (happened to me as well).
4) As has been mentioned numerous times, cloud serpent daily areas.

And probably a multitude of others.

I said it before and I'll say it again. GIVE us flying mounts when dead that go the same speed as WALKING which would prevent forced spirit rezzes during the course of normal gameplay.

That's all!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I concur with the need for dead flying mounts. Coming from a PvP server, getting killed in the most random of places is common, and in many of the zones (the Cloud Serpent area for example) you are placed at a spirit healer that is either on a cliff side, or a remote island that makes it impossible to get back to your corpse without running for 15-20 minutes around the entire coast line before you find a beach you can get up on. It's either that or eat a 25% FML sandwich and get camped by your killers worse than a UFC fighter kicking the snot out of a special Olympics boxer.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

Walking is too darn slow.

TIME IS MONEY, FRIEND!!
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
11/28/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Velvetremedy

I didn't make this thread, or whine. I'm pointing out that we are paying them to be test players, for a game we already bought, and are paying a monthly fee for. LAME. This is not beta. This point has ALREADY been posted in the forums MANY times. If you don't understand, I'm very sorry. For you.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
10/03/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Auluuran
Agreed. I died in Skyrange today and had to take rez sickness. While questing it really felt like they had fewer graveyards than the Cata zones did, and it was a lot harder to get back to my body :c sometimes completely impossible if I died in a mountain range.

Hmmm...now I feel bad about ganking that cow shaman a couple weeks ago and killing him up there. Didn't think about him not getting back up there. But then again, why was he marked for pvp on a pve realm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

How about just dispensing with the whole rez sickness thing entirely and let people rez at the healer if they want to?

It's just such an obsolete concept, and nerfing spirit walking speed didn't do anything to make the game better.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
There are a LOT of places that you can die and never get your body back. I mean, if the purpose is to make run back more tough, just make a slow ghost flying mount that is SLOWER than your current speed while walking. This will make people fly as ghosts only when necessarry, preferring to walk when the body is just ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Why can't we just fly but at a lower speed than walking seems sensible to me. Spirit rezzing while in most cases isnt a problem. The times that it is an issue is very frustrating
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
They seemed to remove it as just another stupid time sink, what we really should be asking is why did they remove it? what was the benefit ?

They removed HGWT because the servers would probly crash if all of the large guilds had a member there waiting for the sha or gallon to appear and then mass summon people
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/28/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Jamalia

I didn't make this thread, or whine. I'm pointing out that we are paying them to be test players, for a game we already bought, and are paying a monthly fee for. LAME. This is not beta. This point has ALREADY been posted in the forums MANY times. If you don't understand, I'm very sorry. For you.

And now there is an opportunity to give feedback to fix the problem.

Then don't contribute then.

Your choice, no need to get fussy about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]