No Dead Flying Mounts in Pandaria?

90 Pandaren Warrior
I was in the new area of Krasarang Wilds.. flew to the top of one the main tall buildings in the horde area dom point. I died on top of the building while pvping. Wasn't able to get to my body, even running up the stairs inside.. had to return to graveyard and spirit rez. Flying while dead would have been GREAT there.
Reply Quote
I think blizz is mad at us and thus we shall not fly in ghost form for mop!

how bout making the flying mount not increase speed? or allow ghosts to fly?

Seriously the fun thing about running to your corpse is that you might be in viscinity of danger with half health. whats not fun is res sickness. Auto-res feels like someone teleported you aways safely before you truly died.

but seriously not fun is res sickness. did I say res sickness sucked ball?

how bout resickness instead breaks all your gear its a gold sink and you don't lose 10 min waiting on the debuff
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
11/28/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Jezartroz
you are forced to spirit rez as there are NO paths back up.

Then spirit rez is working as intended (since 'vanilla').
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

I can forward that information to the developers for further review.

Within every zone there are dozens of spots which cannot be rezzed from. You aren't likely to die there either, but it happens.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
qHp
Don't think I've ever took to the forums to complain about something in game. Maybe I have and just don't remember, but it doesn't really matter.

I can only imagine some of the reasons why dead flying wasn't put in for MoP. "We want dying in World of Warcraft to carry more weight than it has in the past with ghost flying." So on and so on...

But really, all this truly does is frustrate players and in other cases provide a method of griefing by other players on PvP realms. I love world PvP. I love trying to quest on an alt and being ganked multiple times by a higher level. It allows me to log on my main and try to spank some tail, or just die again. Either way, I personally find it to be more entertaining leveling with a sense of danger than without (PvE realms). However, being killed by someone while doing dailies in a high up place is pretty annoying, and not having ghost flying only makes the game more tedious than it should be.

All in all, I love MoP. I quit during Cataclysm, and the only reason I came back is because you guys really made a lot of steps in the right direction with this expansion. You made some mistakes though with a few quality of life adjustments (removals really, lets just call a spade a spade).

It obviously isn't a complete game-breaker, but after a while it makes me want to find a rock to squeeze water from.

Also, while we're at it, how about allow my alts to fly in Pandaria. I know the world is great and pretty and all and your designers put a lot of hard work into it. I appreciate that. I always have. That is why I have played this game for so long, but the players that don't appreciate it probably never will, no matter how much you make the rest of us suffer for it.

In other words, fix this stuff please. PLEASE?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
At least give us back the increased run speed. The new guild 'perk' isn't even noticeable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

actually the real solution was to talk to a gm

I wonder if there's a red handprint on his forehead now >:D

Not gonna lie I deleted a character back in bC because I could not get to my body. It was after I had accepted delete and was level ten before I thought of contacting a GM.

"EDIT"

Left out that I support this as well. So far I have gotten rez from some random person pretty easy. Have only taken the spirit of creepy rez healer.
Edited by Drageth on 11/29/2012 5:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

Once again, Blizzard shows its ignorance. How could they not have known this is a big deal from the beginning, ill never understand. This should have been an expansion feature from the beginning.
Edited by Darklørd on 11/29/2012 5:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Dear Blizzard Devs/Forum Admins,

As you can tell, ask and you shall receive; we have given you a multitude of varying answers, as requested. However, please don't just take those places and work them over, as that is what you seem to be after in terms of requesting specifics. Instead, please take this opportunity to listen to the community as a whole, and re-establish flying spectral Gryphons when dead. I cannot tell you how many times I used to run back to BWL the LONG way, and now I take a spectral gryphon back to the entrance of the mountain which makes it much easier.

It is understood that you added the running feature back in to the game to re-introduce simple running back into the game, not unlike vanilla through early LK WoW, however once you add in a feature that assists us and makes the game better all around, we'd appreciate it (the community as a whole, I'd say) if you then don't take that back from us, as we've come to count on it in some ways; unfortunetly that's what happens when you introduce something that people like...they come to expect it.

Now, it is your explicit right to pull it back and not allow us to have it, however the impact of such actions weigh heavily on peoples' play when content such as MOP introduces new areas that are as diverse as they are. This circles back to my main point; please note that while we give you these specific areas, do not think they are the only ones; indeed, perhaps it is time to grant spirit flying to a multiude of areas (more than was mentioned, specifically; yall created the maps, you should know the terrain and potential niches so put your noodles together!), and possibly...wait for it...revisit the speed buff from the guild perk...10%, really? It still says 100% FYI...so maybe 50% at least? Throw us a bit of a bone Blizz; you've helped us out before, and although you probably have your reasons why you can or cannot do what you do, it sure would mean a lot if you did. :)

Just sayin.
Edited by Sonofaliche on 11/29/2012 6:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/28/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Llamasham
Major Nanners.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

This is almost comical... Just look at the placement of the GY's.. There is one right off the main land near the Order of the Cloud Serpent people (Arboredium (sp?)) The GY is on an island WAY WAY up in the air, AWAY from the mainland.. How on earth would you even think running back from that would be feasable? If you die on the mainland, you either have a 1+ hr run back to your body, or you spirit res...

This is just ONE of the many places that are issues. I cant believe that noone in Blizz has seen these.. I for one have put in tickets concerning the bad GY's to inform Blizz, and the response is always the same.. "Thanks for playing.. We will look into it" basically.. /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Rygarius

There are mountains right next to Shrine of the Seven stars, that if you die on, you have to take rez sickness, it's happened to me at least 3 times.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm really excited about 5.1. I appreciate that so many of our concerns have been addressed. However, I am not impressed by "We don't want you to fly while dead in Pandaria" as an answer to this problem. If I'm level 90 and purchased flying on a toon, that toon should be able to fly when dead as well.

It's simple and makes sense. I'm always happy to help out my friends. If someone dies and can't reach their corpse, I will stop what I'm doing, switch to this toon (currently my only toon that can fly and rez), and help them out so they don't have to take rez sickness. Fortunately, I also have friends who have been willing to do the same for me. But, I don't think that should be a regular part of the game. It should be a rare exception, not something that happens regularly. In order to avoid this, there are some dailies I just won't do anymore. I miss out on a day of rep because that part of the game is broken, and I don't want to put myself in that position.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Have never been trapped or forced to rez myself at this point, however, I am in full agreement that spirit flying should be back.

There is no excuse for taking this away, speed sure (if you want to slow us down), but actual flying removal is illogical.

If your player can get somewhere, then he/she can die there. We shouldn't have to explain this to Blizzard. Especially on a PvP realm, you can die anywhere.

Almost every single graveyard is on the ground, and ALL of them are ground accessible.
All the places people can die are not ground accessible.

Ergo: Player's forced to resurrect.

That isn't smart.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
In my opinion they should do away with rez sickness. I know the lead dev thinks it's cool but it's outgrown it's usefulness. At the very least put the flying mounts back in. Better yet, listen to your customers.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
11/29/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Oin
I recall an issue with graveyards being in a crappy place when I was doing Order of the Cloud Serpent rep. One of the NPCs for the "fight this student" quests actually managed to kill me, and I was sent to a graveyard on top of a rock pillar out in the ocean. It took me about ten minutes to find the closest ramp up the cliff-face before I could even begin the long walk back to my body. Either a different graveyard or, preferably, a flying spirit mount is required.

Why is that graveyard even out there in the first place?
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Hunter
11/28/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Velvetremedy

So, you guys can't figure out that if you need to fly/fall to get somewhere, you can't get there on foot?

I'm AMAZED. I'm sorry for this, really.... but, "We don't want to have to figure stuff out ourselves, we rely on paying subscribers to do our work for us".

Yes, exactly.

So start listing areas that need attention so they can fix it, instead of whining about it.

If Blizzard needs the players to explain to them that flying access only areas can't be reached on foot, then that really goes to explain the last 4 years of design this game has had.
Reply Quote

"ALLOW" us to walk back ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]