No Dead Flying Mounts in Pandaria?

100 Worgen Priest
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

I can forward that information to the developers for further review.

Specifically, the quest Nana's Vote II: The Sacred Springs. If you die while fetching the water (which is very possible on your first attempt) you can't retrieve your body.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

I started trying to kill him when he was still Captain Nanners.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

You mean other than ~20% of the zone that's designed to only be flight accessible right, and the adjacent areas that players are sometimes forcibly "moved" to and die. Fatty Goat Bastards comes to mind, just as an example. If you get knocked off, you *don't* revive up top. You revive down below...and your corpse is inaccessible.

Seriously, enable flying spirits when the player can fly already. This is not difficult, and it's not rocket-science this is 3rd grade logic. There are areas that are only flight-accessible, thus if you can fly, you can die in places that you *can't* walk to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I agree with the OP blizzard, the flying mounts while dead were easier and better then the classic "walk back to your corpse".

I still remember times in Vanilla and TBC where my body would get stuck because I went the wrong way or something.

It's a small complaint, but why have it in WOTLK and not now? Wasn't it a good thing?
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Rogue

Is this some sort of joke? There have been quite a number of posts (including ones with blue responses) that have brought to Blizzard's attention the issues with getting back to your body.

Fix this!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307502262
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893519918
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759126952?page=6#116
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200182251#7
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199032250#3
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199031913?page=3#51
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7198961901
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199960492

Because some blues are TOO LAZY TO SEARCH
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

The one next to Order of cloud serpents that sits ontop onf the island in the ocean. Especially when you die on the mainland and it sends you there.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
There are actually quite a few areas you can die at easily and not have a chance at getting your body back, such as the 1000 year water quest for the tillers, Major Nanners as others have suggested, etc. Not being able to fly while dead is a serious concern. At least at level 90 it ought to be available.
Reply Quote
The golden lotus daily where you use the cannons on top of the pagoda. If you get killed there, you have to take a spirit rez/get someone to rez you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Arboretum. Pass that one on.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Blizz, corpse running isn't fun. It isn't. Flying back is boring enough.

I don't know of a single person who DOESN'T want these changes other than you guys for whatever reason- and please, just keep in mind, inconvenience is NOT difficulty. They are very, very different. It's not hard to run on foot from the north end of the continent to the south end. It's boring, inconvenient, and kinda painful, but it is in no way hard. So if you're trying to artificially inflate difficulty, please take a minute to research what "difficult" means.

What changes should be made?

1) Flight while dead. Even better, let us just hit a button to teleport back to the instance/our bodies.
2) Reinstate Quick and the Dead if you don't put in a corpse teleport button.
3) Make summoning stones/warlock portals into HGWT. Summoning one person at a time is pointless, and takes too long.
4) Put flask cauldrons back in, ideally costing more flasks than they did in Cata- 10 flasks for a 10-man cauldron, 25 flasks for a 25-man cauldron.

There's no reason to not put these into the game, unless there's something fun about immense pointless inconvenience I'm missing.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight

Walking is too darn slow.

TIME IS MONEY, FRIEND!!

i don't care if the ghost gryphon limits my speed to regular ghost walking speeds. i just need to be able to fly up, however slowly to where i died.
Reply Quote
71 Undead Death Knight

Dax, could something be done about the gy for Arboretum dying? We end up the hell and gone on some little island spot, have to run all the way to Sri La and up the stairs, over the hills and through the woods to Granny Order of the Serpents Arboretum. OR hope we can find the alternate route (still quite a ways) to our bodies in the Arboretum (which I found by accident after going the long way 10 times in 3 days). A closer gy would be nice pls if we're not going to be able to fly up to the Arboretum which is just a breath away from the gy as serpents fly.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue

The area where Major Nanners spawns is inaccessible without flying, unless you have someone who can rez you, dying here means you must take rez sickness at the graveyard. And dying at the arboretum sends you to a graveyard high on one the islands out to see, this one is possible to reach your body from, but it is a very long run because of the impassable cliff walls on most of the jade forest coastline.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest

OR you could just allow spirit flying ALWAYS. Don't make it any faster so BAM, it's not an unfair advantage or whatever. This way a player NEVER has to deal with being unable to reach their corpse and no developer has to waste additional time on what could be pre-empted with this blanket solution.

Let us not forget that gravity is a characteristic of the physical world anyways. Spirits wouldn't be bound by such a limitation. "I laugh at death, but I just can't figure out this darn gravity thing."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Hah no it isnt.

You guys didn't want people to spirit fly back to Sha of Anger/Galleon if they died.

Admit it.

EDIT: That's the whole purpose of the Quick and the Dead speed reduction.

I played Vanilla buddy... I remember raiding Azuregos and Kazzak and having to occassionally run back.
Edited by Forescythe on 11/30/2012 4:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think it would be good to have flying death mounts or at least have an option to rez at your body. Just click the spirit healer and she gives you a choice between rezzing at her postion or porting to your corpse and rezzing there.

I recall having an issue with not being able to fly as a wisp with my druid in the vanilla or BC areas even though I could 'wisp fly' in northrend. Have they fixed that yet?
Reply Quote
I would support the "slow flying" ghost form. Simply using a flying mount, there are many places (especially doing world PvP) that I can die and not walk back to. I don't care if it's part of the design that I can't get back quickly, I just don't want to be forced to pay gold (for durability costs) AND be forced to sit out the game for 10 minutes while res sickness goes away.
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter

blizz ima say it ive played for 5+years... yeah we love the hard work you put in to making the play area but when it come down to it when we die we just want to get our bodys and get back to it.... im not trying to upset no one but tis the truth
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Death should be punishing, not 'Woopse' moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]