A thankful players response to a CS Response

95 Orc Hunter
I'm still trying to figure out why hunters are able to need on anything that isn't a ranged weapon, as a hunter shouldn't be taking anything other than ranged weapons now. I guess blizzard likes to taunt us. Agi/Sta staff? Yep, need is still an option to choose; even though using it would be a complete waste for me because I can't attack with a staff in my hands.. unless you count running up and pretending I'm a monk.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Bamos
shouldn't the minority realize that it is doing something that is widely disliked?
im not quite sure what majority or minority has to do with whether or not something should be done or not, which is why i edited my post to exclude those terms, my mistake

i mean the majority used to own slaves in USA...

majority alone does not equate to something being ok, imho...

so i opted instead to use the terms "differing opinions" and "same opinions" instead....
Edited by Zaxen on 10/2/2012 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
10/01/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
Back to the need/greed system though, it's essentially a limitation in it not being able to determine spec,

Not to nit pick but its not a spec problem its a Class problem. i know that you have somthing in place that makes it were certian profession plans drop others cant see it and only those with that profession can roll on it, im just curious why you cant do this with classes.

Druids no matter what spec get no benefit from Str yet they can roll need on it. also there have been many times in the new instances were i was aloud to roll need on Mail gear.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/02/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Jinjiro
I'm still trying to figure out why hunters are able to need on anything that isn't a ranged weapon, as a hunter shouldn't be taking anything other than ranged weapons now. I guess blizzard likes to taunt us. Agi/Sta staff? Yep, need is still an option to choose; even though using it would be a complete waste for me because I can't attack with a staff in my hands.. unless you count running up and pretending I'm a monk.

Yeah but I expected we'd see issues like this since it's such a new thing for hunters to have no use for a melee weapon. Yeah, it would've been nice if this had been fixed in beta but I'm sure this particular issue will be resolved with time.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

Even the Blizzard poster thought the OP was talking about off-spec needing. If that wasn't due to your piles of green text, I have no idea where they could have got that idea from.

Except there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the druid rolling on it if it had other stats/fx that were an upgrade. It doesn't have to be optimal to be an upgrade. It wasn't like a priest rolling on an axe or a rogue rolling on a pure int dagger.

Plus if you actually read this thread, you'll see there's a whole second level to the conversation here regarding what really constitutes "need".

Go on, read the thread.
Edited by Snowfox on 10/3/2012 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe you should stop being such a snotty person in every post you make then? Honestly you are rude and stuck up 90% of the time, and I don't really get why Blizzard thinks you should be a MVP in the first place. The majority of your posts in this thread are snide and attacking someone for saying something, instead of posting something constructive or polite.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/02/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Jinjiro

You can still auto attack with melee weapons, you just can't do any special moves anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/01/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
Typical PR spin from a blue that skirts the issue to the side. Shocking.

Typical response debasing a logical response and providing no rebuttal, requests, or questions. Why bother?

His complaint is that you didn't actually say anything.

You posted a wall of nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/03/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Skeetshôôter
Maybe you should stop being such a snotty person in every post you make then? Honestly you are rude and stuck up 90% of the time, and I don't really get why Blizzard thinks you should be a MVP in the first place. The majority of your posts in this thread are snide and attacking someone for saying something, instead of posting something constructive or polite.

Somebody obtaining MVP is relatively simple, actually.

All you need to do is defend every word that comes from a Blue's mouth like gospel truth.

After that, you get your green text and you're entitled to act superior to everybody else on the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Actually the loot system is a bit out of wack.

I can roll need on plate items, cloth, leather, strength items, and on melee weapons.

At the base level the system needs to check if you can actually use it.
the bonus you get from armor specialization, that is your primary stat. If the item has a primary stat different than yours it is a greed.

that would cover most of the complaints.

Oh and lockboxes are greed only, there is no need requirement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
oh please.. this new x pac has been out only a week now?? I PROMISE, you will have another chance at your shiny blue gear again, really!!!!
Edited by Kharmah on 10/3/2012 2:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I shake my head when the 'Need' icon is highlighted after this piece of intel mail dropped, or every single time a piece of strength gear with expertise on it drops.

Speaking from a Rogue perspective with this next one, but still relevant to everyone else if you replace the class with yours; if you are rolling need on a strength item as an agility user purely for the ilvl, you are an @$$hole or an idiot.

There is no other way around it. Either quit taking drops from others (ones that are severely, SEVERELY out-geared by MoP quest gear of your actual power stat), or learn your god damn class so you know that spirit is not helping you regain energy faster or grant you extra combo points.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Vasparian

So when a person has an opinion you don't like they are rude and stuck up.. Yeah.. No. Get a life.

You didn't see what I made that comment in response to, because Snowfox keeps making idiotic comments and then deleting them. Please know the whole story before inserting foot in mouth.
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Mage
10/02/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Snowfox
Please don't derail with "green" attacks. Send complaints to mvps@blizzard.com

Thanks for posting the link Snowfox, I emailed them my complaints about you rather than trying to address it on the forums. I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Monk
Similarly if you're joining a pickup Raid you're at the mercy of the raid leader, who may hand his buddy a drop for no reason other than to unfairly take items from the raid group. This may not be usable advice for everyone, but: the best way to ensure you get the drops you want, or type of drops, is form a group yourself with friends/guildies you know and trust.

Back to the need/greed system though, it's essentially a limitation in it not being able to determine spec, and our CS department just can't play arbiter for every drop to determine who 'deserves' an item more than someone else. While it can be a frustrating situation, I hope at least that makes sense.

I really recommend reading the following articles. They have a ton of info on why things work the way they do:
  • [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/loot-settings"]Loot Settings[/url]
  • [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ninja-looting-blizzard-s-stance"]Ninja Looting: Blizzard's Stance[/url]
  • [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/scam-policy"]Scam Policy[/url]

That said, there have been ongoing discussions on at some point revisiting the need/greed system in dungeons. Until such a time and day as the dungeon loot system changes, be well aware that you'll be competing for loot, but if you have the resources - go with friends.

... Really? I find it hard to believe that a system can't discern between specs when that's the first thing any class must pick at level 10(?). The method of logic should be simple from there; if you're running with that chosen spec, you will have the 'Need' roll enabled for spec-oriented gear drops. Otherwise, you will only have a 'Greed' options.

How is that difficult in the slightest of manner? I'm not a programmer, but if I were to be a betting man I would say that all you'd have to do is tag an item as 'W/X/Y/Z' value then tag any particular spec with 'W/X/Y/Z'. Items that match the spec in value will enable the 'Need' roll options. It doesn't deter the truly glutenous people, but it would drastically reduce them.

Do the developers see this as a waste of time? Because surely the player base would greatly appreciate such an implemented mechanic.
Edited by Pângea on 10/3/2012 5:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Granted, OP started this off on the wrong foot, but the green/blue responses on the first page don't address the issue at all.

Players should not be able to roll need on an item they can't use. I can use staffs. I can roll need on an agility and stam staff. I can't use an agility/stam staff for anything except except Transmog.

Maybe stat bases rolls can't be put in the game, but that would really surprise me given the new quest reward system.

That said, this is a tempest in a teacup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]