A thankful players response to a CS Response

90 Human Priest
How difficult would it be to not let Shaman or Druids roll Need on loot with +Strength on it?

Really? That can't be done?

I honestly do not believe that couldn't be easily implemented.

OR is it viewed as being OK if a Shaman rolls NEED on a +Strength / +Dodge Shield? Is that how you intend loot to be distributed?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have noticed though that I can Need on mail and plate gear(not in a formed group, complete PuG). And Im pretty sure I can't use those... or maybe I can now?? O.o hmm....
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There is absolutely no valid reason for a druid to roll on a strength item, huge upgrade or not. Strength is not a completely useless stat, but it's gimp even for bears these days.

It's just as annoying though as pally's and warriors that roll need on agility trinkets. The system has some serious flaws. But that is there to allow free choice. So what if the fury warrior duel wielding daggers has the lowest dps in the group (really, i ran into that), it's how they want to play. Or disenchant it for themselves, or sell it for gold.

Just assume you aren't going to get anything but points from the run and that everyone else is an 3|> out to roll on your loot; you won't be disappointed.
Reply Quote
This is a huge issue all over again.

Like the start of Hour Of Twilight, last year.

This is like Death Knights going into Raid Finder and needing on the agility axes that dropped from Deathwing, or Kiril, fury of beasts.

Why bother, Bashiok?

When you don't even learn from your mistakes...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is a huge issue all over again.

Like the start of Hour Of Twilight, last year.

This is like Death Knights going into Raid Finder and needing on the agility axes that dropped from Deathwing, or Kiril, fury of beasts.

Why bother, Bashiok?

When you don't even learn from your mistakes...

The agility axes from Deathwing were actually really, REALLY good on Frost DKs. Arguably better than Souldrinker or HoM.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Melenia
The agility axes from Deathwing were actually really, REALLY good on Frost DKs. Arguably better than Souldrinker or HoM.

Oh yay, someone remembers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
As a tank nothing is more disappointing than seeing a dps roll need on a tank item, and by "tank" i mean things with dodge, parry, str, etc and what have you. And it happens, often. I would say about 50/50. But it happens.

People do it for the quick 20g they will make selling it, or dont even bother to check its stats and roll need simply because they can.

But it happens, its part of the risk of joining a random PUG. But I usually get insta cues, or if not instant its still pretty darned quick. So i can just take the 30 mins it takes to do the dungeon and try again. Sadly for others its not always so easy or fast. Heck half the time i only cue to get the extra goody bag and hope theres a mount, pet, or something neat inside.

Anyway, back on point here. If you dont want to run the risk of some random stranger rolling need on an item that fits your spec, then you just need to run with guildies and/or friends you know wont hose you. It stinks i know, but thats just how it is sadly. Its always nice if a DPS asks if i need something first before rolling need, but alot of the time thats not how it goes. I just wish the loot was restricted to whatever role someone cued for in the dungeon finder, so they couldnt roll need unless someone in that spec rolled greed first, that might balance things out a bit between the dps/healer/tank fighting for MS/OS gear. But thats just wishful thinking.

In the end, just run with friends, or accept the risk vs reward and take the chance with random pugs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]