A thankful players response to a CS Response

MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
You want a social game, please find a way to make it easier to trust people, and make it a difficult decision for people to break that trust, within the game.

There's a lot of truth in this, something I think we lost along the way.
Reply Quote
Ninja'ing is a smiled upon act for Blizzard. You should ALWAYS create your own raid and say nothing is reserved, but in truth just reserve and take whatever you want. NOTHING will happen.

Also, need roll EVERY item possible in dungeons. Even for vending - Because according to them, that is a technical "need" for the item.

By the way, I'm about tired of seeing someones green text.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/01/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
Back to the need/greed system though, it's essentially a limitation in it not being able to determine spec, and our CS department just can't play arbiter for every drop to determine who 'deserves' an item more than someone else. While it can be a frustrating situation, I hope at least that makes sense.

I hate to point something out but the loot rules HAVE changed since Cata. For example I can now need on plate boots with Spirit, or a Healing Mace, or an Int Trinket.

Now I can. Hunters can need on a Str Tanking Sword. So you guyes messed something up bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
Typical PR spin from a blue that skirts the issue to the side. Shocking.

Typical response debasing a logical response and providing no rebuttal, requests, or questions. Why bother?

To be fair, you should "bother" because it is your job. In fact, I'd appreciate it if you would remind yourself, and others at blizzard, of this very fact as often as you need to. Snooty responses to customers, regardless of what they did to inspire you, reflects pretty poorly on you.

Heres to hoping that you "bother" a little more the next time you address your customers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Blastoma

Typical response debasing a logical response and providing no rebuttal, requests, or questions. Why bother?

To be fair, you should "bother" because it is your job. In fact, I'd appreciate it if you would remind yourself, and others at blizzard, of this very fact as often as you need to. Snooty responses to customers, regardless of what they did to inspire you, reflects pretty poorly on you.

Heres to hoping that you "bother" a little more the next time you address your customers.

Here's to hoping that he doesn't. Posts such as the one he replied to deserve nothing but scorn, and I honestly wish more companies would be like that when they have so many customers that they can afford to lose some of the bad ones.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/01/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Sparkmark
Is it too late to mention loot is just pixels?

..So is your character. So is the entire game. Those pixels have value. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Me personally? I've gotten burned too many times on loot rolls where people need on crap they don't and can't need. And when you bring it up, you get responses like "dood watever, its a low lvl dungin, who cares??". And since there really isn't any recourse other than booting people (the two or three times before you face an account-wide 4 hour lock-out), I've just taken to doing it back to everyone else.

I feel a little guilty about not taking the high-road, but... as the OP pointed out, this is using the system as the rules have designed it to be used. Maybe someday we'll have LFR rolls on all gear, but until then... all your agility gear belongs to me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There was one time I was tanking in a dungeon, not on this toon, and a pair of epic plate tanking boots dropped, and the feral druid won them. When I complained to the druid that I needed the boots more than he did, I was kicked from the group.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Eggfooyung
There was one time I was tanking in a dungeon, not on this toon, and a pair of epic plate tanking boots dropped, and the feral druid won them. When I complained to the druid that I needed the boots more than he did, I was kicked from the group.

There has not been an occasion in years where a non-plate class could roll need on plate past classic dungeons. So either you're making this up, which seems fairly likely, or it happened so long ago it's irrelevant.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
10/01/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Melenia

There has not been an occasion in years where a non-plate class could roll need on plate past classic dungeons. So either you're making this up, which seems fairly likely, or it happened so long ago it's irrelevant.

I doubt they're lying or that it took place long ago considering that a mage in my guild I was running with was able to need on leather items that they cant even use.

My complaint is that I too see everybody in dungeons needing on pretty much EVERYTHING they can. People that say "Just run it again" shame on you, really. We shouldn't need to waste our time doing something multiple times because people can't be mature and respectful of other players. Run it again is no solution to this problem considering that..... 1: You may not get the same dungeon again. 2: You may get the same dungeon and the item you want MIGHT drop 3: You run the same dungeon the item drops and someone needs over you again, which brings you back to square 1.

On a side note I find it pathetic that people try to "ninja" items to sell on the AH by needing them. I'm so glad they made it so if you need on a BoE item it becomes soulbound. A resto shaman needed on a BoE agility cape ilvl 476 I believe. This was most likely to sell on the AH but too bad it's BoP since he needed. What really sucks is that he screwed 4 other people out of the chance to get an item to make a little extra coin. The most he'll get for it now in the best case scenario is a Sha Crystal if he can disenchant it OR vendor price.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Hagendaz

I doubt they're lying or that it took place long ago considering that a mage in my guild I was running with was able to need on leather items that they cant even use.

My complaint is that I too see everybody in dungeons needing on pretty much EVERYTHING they can. People that say "Just run it again" shame on you, really. We shouldn't need to waste our time doing something multiple times because people can't be mature and respectful of other players. Run it again is no solution to this problem considering that..... 1: You may not get the same dungeon again. 2: You may get the same dungeon and the item you want MIGHT drop 3: You run the same dungeon the item drops and someone needs over you again, which brings you back to square 1.

On a side note I find it pathetic that people try to "ninja" items to sell on the AH by needing them. I'm so glad they made it so if you need on a BoE item it becomes soulbound. A resto shaman needed on a BoE agility cape ilvl 476 I believe. This was most likely to sell on the AH but too bad it's BoP since he needed. What really sucks is that he screwed 4 other people out of the chance to get an item to make a little extra coin. The most he'll get for it now in the best case scenario is a Sha Crystal if he can disenchant it OR vendor price.

Having a 476 item helps significantly for getting into LFR, considering that otherwise you need heroic gear in every single slot to make the ilvl requirement. He might have also had an enhancement spec.

In regards to the former scenario, that's most likely a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Solution given to this problem is very old. Need Main Spec/Need Off Spec. Blizzard doesn't implement that cause it does't want, simple as that, no one would be mad at this system, would be much more fair to all.

By keeping the current system, Blizzard forces players to do that content again for that item, keeping the game more active.
Reply Quote

Boo hoo! That Blue poster was MEAN TO ME! WAAHH!!
Edited by Mork on 10/1/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Solution given to this problem is very old. Need Main Spec/Need Off Spec. Blizzard doesn't implement that cause it does't want, simple as that, no one would be mad at this system, would be much more fair to all.

By keeping the current system, Blizzard forces players to do that content again for that item, keeping the game more active.

I don't think you understand what the word fair means.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
10/01/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Melenia

I can roll need on the leather boots that frequently drop by Wise Mari, which I can't even use. It was still bugged (presumably) like that a few days ago, unsure whether it still is.
Reply Quote
45 Blood Elf Paladin

Ahh Snowfox, the little green that could. I am not going to submit a formal complaint about Bashiok, you, or any of the rest of your clique. I said what I said out of legitimate concern that Bashiok handled that poorly and that blues should avoid such base, uncreative snarkiness. I am only trying to help. I don't care much about greens, so I wasn't talking about MVP's. You guys have never been particularly professional anyway, so I've never expected it. And derail? No. I was just putting the feedback in the thread in which the problem came up. If you think this is derailing anything, then you could always not make a post continuing what you feel to be a derailing.

You can help by submitting feedback otherwise you're just white noise. There is no problem, except for your pretentiousness, of course.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
10/01/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Mork
Boo hoo! That Blue poster was MEAN TO ME! WAAHH!!

We don't usually agree, but this. So much this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's 2012 and people are still whining about Ninja Looting.

If you don't want to deal with Ninjas make your own group, otherwise accept that people in this game can just be jerks and move on. It isn't the end of the world either way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/01/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Grifftina
Similarly if you're joining a pickup Raid you're at the mercy of the raid leader, who may hand his buddy a drop for no reason other than to unfairly take items from the raid group. This may not be usable advice for everyone, but: the best way to ensure you get the drops you want, or type of drops, is form a group yourself with friends/guildies you know and trust.

I have spent a good amount of my twenties playing this game. I have found friends, joined guilds, and have had fun.

It gets old though. Sooner or later, each person never logs back in. It is a vicious circle of trying to form a friendship. Finding people to trust gets even harder. Sooner or later someone gets nailed because of loot. The simple fact that you can act like a jerk in a game, and get away with it, sucks.

Before, it was easy for a server to 'blacklist' certain offenders. As the game developed though, it gave way to allow players to get away with this type of behavior. Yes, I know we can ignore them, but it does not stop the next player from being a jerk as well. Not to mention with 10 million players, it would be very difficult for a single jerk to get placed on ignore. This person will never actually feel the consequences of their own selfish actions.

That said, it is a game. If someone wants to be a jerk, they should be allowed to be a jerk. Without consequence is what I have a problem with.

What should the consequences be? How would you stop other players from actually exploiting any system put in place of the offenders? You have already set up the LFG system from stopping certain groups from vote kicking if they are from the same server. You know who each person is friends with, and I am pretty sure you know this on an account wide level, even without RealID.

It would take time to develop such a system, but had you guys actually started working on it, around the time you allowed players to change names, and transfer servers, it would of been solved by now.

You want a social game, please find a way to make it easier to trust people, and make it a difficult decision for people to break that trust, within the game.

So far, the only thing I have seen remotely close is the guild rep system. It stops players from ditching a guild, without actually having to start over again in a new guild.

What if you applied that to a character for each realm. Realm Rep. You start a new character at full rep. Each time you change your characters name, and/or change realm (changing race/sex should not be needed) you have to earn the rep to actually participate in LFG, LFR, or any type of automated systems.

I dont know, I just pulled that out from in between my cheeks.

It just sucks that the people that know the rules, can still be jerks without any impact on their own expierence, but it affects so many others negativity.

I like this post a lot. A big thumbs up for you!

Would you like to consider starting a thread for a brainstorming for features the developers could implement to promote a healthier community?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Yeah... no.

That's the line given to every blue and every green there ever was... and to you we say if you want to submit complaints to email wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com for blues, and mvps@blizzard.com for mvps. Derailing threads instead - is not the thing to do.

Ahh Snowfox, the little green that could. I am not going to submit a formal complaint about Bashiok, you, or any of the rest of your clique. I said what I said out of legitimate concern that Bashiok handled that poorly and that blues should avoid such base, uncreative snarkiness. I am only trying to help. I don't care much about greens, so I wasn't talking about MVP's. You guys have never been particularly professional anyway, so I've never expected it. And derail? No. I was just putting the feedback in the thread in which the problem came up. If you think this is derailing anything, then you could always not make a post continuing what you feel to be a derailing.

And you say the blues and greens are being snooty? I had to read your post in my most exaggerated British accent (nothing against Brits, you guys rock, for the most part) with my nose stuck way up in the air.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]