A thankful players response to a CS Response

100 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard, just so you know, the reason that a lot of people are carrying on about loot at the moment, is simply because it's SO much harder to get this expansion, at least on release, I am hoping as time goes on, the loot will become easier to get for people's alts etc, in all honesty though, I think all throughout cata you had things right, you could just do dungeons and buy the gear with your valor, but as things are at the moment, you can spam dungeons non stop for your valor points, but you now have to do a long grinding with dailies to earn the rep you need to buy a lot of epics. I had to dungeon like crazy to get the 363s I need just so I can q for certain raids when they finally do come out.

I can understand people having to dungeon to get valor points they need to be able to buy the gear they need from a valor vendor, but having to do a long grind of dailies is just a bit much...this is probably why we've had so much discussion about loot recently, as I've had a lot of people doing pugs, and having gear taken away from them, I can understand yes, should go with friends whenever possible, but when you only get 30 valor per dungeon, they can't be there with you all the time.

PS Ardrin was that a shaman healer that rolled on that particular piece of loot? My understanding is that restoration shamans and elemental shamans can gain benefits from the others gear, that they couldn't before. For instance, in my elemental spec, the spirit on my items would grant haste in this expansion etc, and restoration can use crit.
Edited by Elae on 10/2/2012 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/01/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
Back to the need/greed system though, it's essentially a limitation in it not being able to determine spec, and our CS department just can't play arbiter for every drop to determine who 'deserves' an item more than someone else. While it can be a frustrating situation, I hope at least that makes sense.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but you guys put filtering by spec on every vendor everywhere and in the Dungeon Journal. While it's pretty obviously some combination of retarded and half-assed (I'd like to know how swords and axes are supposed to be for Assassination), the game being able to figure out what spec you are really seems like something that should have been done for MoP, especially since, you know, it's offering the option to filter even by Assassination vs. Combat.

Also, the game does know— somewhere— what spec the player is. When I open up my character screen, it very clearly tells me I'm a level 90 Assassination Rogue. Can we get the one part of the game to talk to the other?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
People get offended....then they get stubborn.
If you ask nicely I've found most of the time they were simply on mental auto-pilot and hit need and will gladly hand over something you can actually use. If however you call people a moron, curse at them and make them feel stupid...well they dig their heels in....and frankly you deserve what you get at that point - which is usually nothing. Of course there are jerks and ninjas out there...but really - truly they are the exception...and if you have found otherwise, perhaps you should look in the mirror.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

To be fair, you should "bother" because it is your job. In fact, I'd appreciate it if you would remind yourself, and others at blizzard, of this very fact as often as you need to. Snooty responses to customers, regardless of what they did to inspire you, reflects pretty poorly on you.

Heres to hoping that you "bother" a little more the next time you address your customers.

Here's to hoping that he doesn't. Posts such as the one he replied to deserve nothing but scorn, and I honestly wish more companies would be like that when they have so many customers that they can afford to lose some of the bad ones.

Hey Blastoma, I hear you but you are going to get a lot of replies like the one you did above. Weirdly enough, I'm not sure the people saying such things understand the fatal flaw in suggesting that the company can afford to lose customers through pointlessly snarky support.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Ahh Snowfox, the little green that could. I am not going to submit a formal complaint about Bashiok, you, or any of the rest of your clique. I said what I said out of legitimate concern that Bashiok handled that poorly and that blues should avoid such base, uncreative snarkiness. I am only trying to help. I don't care much about greens, so I wasn't talking about MVP's. You guys have never been particularly professional anyway, so I've never expected it. And derail? No. I was just putting the feedback in the thread in which the problem came up. If you think this is derailing anything, then you could always not make a post continuing what you feel to be a derailing.

And you say the blues and greens are being snooty? I had to read your post in my most exaggerated British accent (nothing against Brits, you guys rock, for the most part) with my nose stuck way up in the air.

And a good day to you kind sir.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Please mind Snowfox, her logic is poor and her attitude is even worse. You must understand that MVP means Most valued Prick so they have to keep to a high standard. She is just doing her job and yes, she does it very well.

Just because people say things you don't like, in a less than hand holding manner does not mean you should start calling names.

You started name calling, therefore you crossed the line. And, Snowfox is within the ToS, whilst you are not.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The sea of loot QQ from I'm not sure what sect(s) of the player base is endless. Here's some stats I can guarantee 110% truth on:

1. I've lost more loot than I've ever won.
2. If I cared about loosing loot in this game as much as you all do, and given how much loot I've lost, then I most likely would have cut my life short y 5-10 years.

Focus on the game and playing it well. Find like minded people and have fun playing with them. If you do that, there will be plenty of loot to win, and even more to lose. But you won't regret any of it, because you had just as much fun winning loot as you did losing it.
Edited by Firestyle on 10/2/2012 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I recall reading a thread much like this one not 10 minutes ago.
Reply Quote
39 Orc Warlock
People are needing on things they don't and shouldn't use because these things have higher stats or higher ilvls.

I see paladins in cloth gear, warriors carrying agility staves, and warlocks with spirit. Yes, these people are gearing "wrong". But they're only concerned with getting that tiny bit ahead of everyone else, anyone else, at the expense of anyone else, in the made dash for 90, for heroics, for challenge modes, for raids.

Courtesy is often in short supply in WoW, but it's atrocious during the early weeks of an expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Druids are able to use maces. Maces can be agi/int/str. Thus druids are allowed to roll on maces. That druid might have wanted a mace for xmog purposes which is a valid roll on their part. You wants to hit stuff with said mace....also a valid roll. You both rolled..you lost..and you came to forums to complain that he lost. While the druid COULD have rolled greed on it to pass it on to you as a good sportmanship type deal but he might have figured his time is worth more then that.

Conclusion. If you don't want stuff "ninja'd" run with people you know/guildies. If you use dungeon finder and find say "not very nice" people. Just ignore then to no queue with them in the future. Problem solved?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well, also consider that for a guardian druid a significant quantity of stamina/mastery on a strength mace may be appealing versus their current weapon. Also, I'm not sure if or how much more valuable weapon damage is on something versus str/agi. For example, for the longest time on rogues, weapon damage was king - no matter what, so higher item level = more dps, regardless of anything else. This may also apply to ferals ( or have been fixed ).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
The loot absolutely needs another pass to determine which classes and/or specs can roll need. I killed a boss in an Pandaria instance last night through LFG that dropped a plate tank piece, legs or feet I think, and I was able to roll need. The warlock in the group also reported he was able to need.

The tank was a plate wearer. There's no reason any non plate class should be able to need. Some people will hit need whenever possible. Luckily it wasn't a problem this time because the group was sensible.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I for one can't freaking stand losing a MAIN SPEC roll on a piece of gear to some random hybrid character that is rolling need for their maybe-if-they-get-bored-one-day-off-off-spec.

You should NOT be allowed to roll need on gear that does not suit your CURRENT spec. Disc priests rolling on hit cloth, boomkins rolling on agility leather, this crap needs to stop.

There is nothing wrong with a hybrid rolling on gear that isn't meant for their main spec, but it shouldn't hold the same weight as someone who is rolling on said gear for their MAIN spec.
Edited by Kaikou on 10/2/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I for one can't freaking stand losing a MAIN SPEC roll on a piece of gear to some random hybrid character that is rolling need for their maybe-if-they-get-bored-one-day-off-off-spec.

You should NOT be allowed to roll need on gear that does not suit your CURRENT spec. Disc priests rolling on hit cloth, boomkins rolling on agility leather, this crap needs to stop.

There is nothing wrong with a hybrid rolling on gear that isn't meant for their main spec, but it shouldn't hold the same weight as someone who is rolling on said gear for their MAIN spec.

See you're jumbling up the definitions. My main spec is elemental. When I roll need on dps trinkets, despite being the healer - it's because my current spec, is really my offspec.

See I use that offspec, since there's a demand for healers. When I use that offspec, it makes groups happen faster - so that we all get to go do the instance instead of waiting around.

But when I queue as a healer, my current spec is my offspec.

Also, if you haven't noticed, there is no offspec need button. So whether you need for mainspec or offspec, you still click the same button - or hit greed, and have a chance at someone else getting a shard.

TL;DR - Current Spec =/= Main Spec & There's only one kind of need in LFD.
Edited by Firestyle on 10/2/2012 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
Make LFD loot same as LFR loot

profit
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
The mistake was thinking an item was yours before it was in your bag.

Regardless if it is your main spec, more stat appropriate for you, or whatever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]