Mages = gods in PVP

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Honestly I would love for a frostbomb damage nerf if they would buff frostbolt.Once again, frostbolt is almost not even worth casting in pvp.

when i play mage i get so many ice lance procs the only thing i need to cast is frostbomb
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
mages arent op at all....today i could barely kill 2 monks at once....
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Theeverybest
Honestly I would love for a frostbomb damage nerf if they would buff frostbolt.Once again, frostbolt is almost not even worth casting in pvp.

when i play mage i get so many ice lance procs the only thing i need to cast is frostbomb

Uhh

1-2 From petnova depending on how many target it hits. Less than 20% on all other abilities. The only thing that generates FoF at a noticeable rate is Frozen Orb.

But you're probably just pulling things out of your !@#.

Frost mages are (if caster)Blanket silence> Deep> PoM > Frost Bomb> Fireblast>IL

Outside of that Frost Mage damage is completely middling.
Edited by Sáreed on 10/3/2012 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
From what I have seen both as and against a Frost Mage isn't so much they do too much damage but far too much of the damage they do is loaded on to Frost Bomb.

If you took some of the damage off Frost Bomb and moved it on to say, Frostbolt and maybe Ice Lance, I think you would see an improvement to the situation without needing to lower their overall damage.

To be honest though, I wouldn't even do that until healers get bought back down to the realm of mortality.
Edited by Vandaro on 10/3/2012 4:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you took some of the damage off Frost Bomb and moved it on to say, Frostbolt and maybe Ice Lance, I think you would see an improvement to the situation without needing to lower their overall damage.

Yup yup. Frostbolt needs to be worth casting, It's gone up by like, 5k in damage, kind of pathetic even if I'm still in mostly blues.

Been hearing from some glads that frost bomb accounts for 50%+ damage during arenas. Kind of dumb imo.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
10/02/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Jugaa
I have played all 3..i prefer less dots tyvm
\
Then you can't complain and say that warlocks are not really stong in pvp. If I only wanted to play arcane in pvp, I can't complain and say that mages are underpowered simply because I'm not playing frost or fire.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/03/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Malhavoc
Then you can't complain and say that warlocks are not really stong in pvp. If I only wanted to play arcane in pvp, I can't complain and say that mages are underpowered simply because I'm not playing frost or fire.

I'm not saying locks are underpowered. But they are certainly not overpowered. We are right where we should be
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Your probably complaining because you rolled a pally thinking it was the most OP class..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Err, ya, no fear has a very high damage threshold. It's a pretty classic complaint of people sitting full fears with a full row of dots on them.

Pretty sure they fixed it. I don't get feared quite so long anymore.

And why would you not want a stun? An aoe stun. I see allll the locks take it because it's a great tool to you know... cast spells with.

Because I took the aoe fear instead. The stun only lasts 3 seconds, where the fear lasts up to 20 seconds (maybe about 4-5 seconds after you factor in the dmg done).

No, it's not, considering I've been hearing and seeing locks global people consistently.

Those 123k chaos bolts must be in my head.

Maybe on super undergeared people, or fc with a 100% debuff, or someone holding the orb in temple. Generally chaos bolt hits for 70-80k.
Reply Quote
48 Human Warlock
mages need to be buffed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Uhh1-2 From petnova depending on how many target it hits. Less than 20% on all other abilities. The only thing that generates FoF at a noticeable rate is Frozen Orb.But you're probably just pulling things out of your !@#.Frost mages are (if caster)Blanket silence> Deep> PoM > Frost Bomb> Fireblast>ILOutside of that Frost Mage damage is completely middling.

WOAH dude, calm down lol, first of i should have mentiond i only do pvp with my mage, second i rarely cast something other then frostbomb bc pets ice gets me a proc, frozen orb gets me a proc when in arenas im always bursting so i dont need to cast, same with duels and in bgs someones almost always on me so i dont have time to cast. but again i said rarely, i might cast a forstbolt or 2 if i get the chance
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
What's the deal here? Season after season, expansion after expansion, we all go through rough spots with our characters... Sometimes the Retribution specialization is a joke, sometimes it's amazing, and sometimes, it's somewhere in the middle. But Mages stay at the top, always, and get buffed even further?

What do I have to do so that Retribution Paladin's can be this way?

Blizzard, do you have some sort of deal with Mages, or perhaps one wealthy Mage who fills your pocket with $$? Are Mages the favorite class, or is it just coincidence that they have an ability named after the company? :P

If bribery is your game, I'm loaded, and I will pay huge $$ to get Retribution Paladins to the top this expansion. Name your price; money is no obstacle for me. You know how to get a hold of me.

For you non-Blizzard employees, and especially you Mages, how are you feeling about where the Mage class is at right now in PVP?

they are broken as SH!T, frost bomb needs a nerf as well as fire needs deep taken away, old combust needs to come back.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

There's your problem. If you have your defensives down, and somebody pops their CDs on you, you should die. Sorry bro, that just how it is. I don't complain when I'm dueling a rogue with iceblock/coldsnap down and they manage to blow me up.

This excuse is usless, no rogue will be blowing you up any time soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
WTF is everyone smoking honestly. Almost everything is op right now
I was doing insane dmg on my mage while lvling from 85, then once i hit 90 (in crafted/4piece epic honor atm) it scaled the !@#$ down to %^-*. Not gonna complain and say it's completely awful but seriously besides frost bomb, you ain't gonna do !@#$ unless u catch some1 in a deep with no trinket. Almost every1 has so much control now, take warriors for instance. Charge*2+heroic leap+blanket silence, stun, 2spell reflects...gl hf casting against this. LOcks...120k chaosbolts are kewl, Blood dks are raid bosses again, Saw a bad holy paly keep himself up against 5people for a good 2mins(also balanced obviously), resto druids same %^-*. Seen a mage fight a hunter? can't freeze them ever, have like 4escapes, a detarget via fainth death, CC interrupts(Scatter/silence) oh and don't forget if you're BM your healing is higher than a ret now. Honestly If you talking !@#$ about mages, you have to include all the op stuff right now cause otherwise it's just another biased post.
Also LOL at retsWhere were you last season when rets were trolling with triple deeps. 1800 bads getting glad is obviously not good enough for you. That was obviously an overkill so sit down. As for mages getting buffed again, wrong again. I'm pretty sure half of the people QQ-ing here get owned by a mage with pocket healer and assume mage is op, guess what...any class with a healer would woop yo !@# unless they are complete garb or you're pro
Edited by Imgarb on 10/3/2012 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]