Shadow AoE Issues/Solutions

90 Human Priest
This spot on. Mind sear has lost any credence it once had as an AoE tool. Sheesh, holy nova is probably better now!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
VT on 3+ mods and I usually get instant MS procs so much I can't keep up with them. My MS hits for about 60k-110k which helps to keep my DPS up more for AoE than anything else.

But yes, I agree that our AoE is a joke. Our last tier was supposed to make up for it, but instead of catering to each spec they made 3 gimmicky spells that are complete bs. Halo, at its best, does a lot of damage for 40k mana with exact positioning once a fight. At its worse, does no damage, very little damage, or can't be used without pulling an entire room. They need to buff mind sear.

Edit: also, DK/Monk/War dps right now? lol. Face-roll yourself to the top of the charts.
Edited by Hunnybunz on 10/3/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Our aoe definitely needs a buff. It would be interesting if maybe Mind Sear ticks refreshed VT/Pain on the targets- that would be in line with Blizzard wanting us to multi-dot while aoeing.

With Mind Sear being so bad right now, we're not a very viable option for Challenge Modes. Unfortunately in Challenge Modes, trash does matter, and there are much better options when it comes to mass pulling and aoeing down packs. Our saving grace right now is the other utility we bring, such as off-healing, HoH, Void Shift, and multi-target strength.
Edited by Nephelee on 10/3/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
25m raiding last night and spriests are terrible for single target and aoe compared to other classes. I hope we scale higher with gear. I was doing about 40-45k dps. While everyone else is doing 55k with worse gear.
I've been playing spriest for about 6 years, so it's not lack of experience or doing anything wrong with rotation - well I don't believe so anyway. I do fine in dungeons single target, but raids it's terrible.

Need to buff halo a hell of a lot more. About +200% imho.
Need to buff mind sear to about 100% more dmg.
Need to buff VT to about 100% more dmg. Will probably be ok with teir set bonus, but without, it's terrible.
Edited by Senatorz on 10/3/2012 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

I would rather have Halo "pulse" around for a little bit, not just hit everything once every 40 seconds. Whoever thought that Halo in its current design was a good ability was just plain wrong.

Divine Star hardly hits for anything as far I could see in my experience (I could be wrong).

I just haven't used cascade all that much because it does pretty much the same thing as Halo but takes a slightly longer amount of time to do it....and you lose the risk of pulling extra trash.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

do u realize how hard halo hits right now given a good positioning? you'd probably have better luck asking to reduce the CD and mana cost.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Proposed Solution:

Add a glyph that spreads DoTs from current target that is Mind Seared to other nearby targets that get hit from Mind Sear.

That way with a Glyph its situational, and you can choose your uses for it when needed.

This isn't to say that Shadow AoE couldn't stand to be boosted baseline either though, because right now it is pathetically weak compared to other classes. So perhaps Mind Sear dmg needs to be boosted by 30% as well, as suggested by the OP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Proposed Solution:

Add a glyph that spreads DoTs from current target that is Mind Seared to other nearby targets that get hit from Mind Sear.

That way with a Glyph its situational, and you can choose your uses for it when needed.

This isn't to say that Shadow AoE couldn't stand to be boosted baseline either though, because right now it is pathetically weak compared to other classes. So perhaps Mind Sear dmg needs to be boosted by 30% as well, as suggested by the OP.

This. This needs to be something that's done. I completely forgot about having it as a glyph. Granted yes it does take longer to start our AoE "rotation" but it falls off unlike other classes who can sustain that high burst.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I don't think there really needs to be much debate on this issue, mind sear damage is too low, it needs be buffed by significant amount. The only problem we have is large packs of low health mobs, everything else is pretty good, not op, just good.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
When I hit 90, I got geared up, did dungeons when I was ilvl 440, a DK being ilvl 410ish, the DK out dps'd me in numerous occasions, which included AoE packs by a huge amount. Dotting for multiple targets for AoE is no longer viable in MOP, was viable in cataclysm.
Edited by Innovative on 10/4/2012 1:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
agreed, multi dotting, esp with 'from darkness come light' and 'divine insight', it's like proc, proc, proc, proc, proc. not too hard
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Maybe I'm less geared than you or maybe I'm just running with better players but putting up VT on 3 different toons when it takes me 1.35 seconds to cast plus the global cooldown for SW:P means that by the time I'm done dotting 3 mobs they are all dead from the instant AOE damage all the other classes are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
How about changing Void Shift to a Combustion/Impact effect? "Combines your Damage Over Time effects into a single Effect causing the target to explode for X amount and spreading this new effect to all enemies within 5 yds.

As it stands Void Shift is useless for shadow because if I use it to save say a tank, the healer will yell at me for wasting the big heal/cd they were preparing (happened more than once so I don't bother using it anymore) I believe it was not intended for a brand new spell to be useless for a spec and this will address the issue that is Shadow Damage in a raid scenario.

More germaine to the topic of sustained AoE damage My vote would be to allow Mind Sear to apply SWP to all targets assuming it is cast on a target affected by it, Also I would not be opposed to a Shadow Orb Generating AoE and/or a consuming one
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]