Just which pet is the best now? Destro.

(Locked)

87 Blood Elf Warlock
For when my gear is low once I hit 90, and those constant movement fights like Wise Mari ( or when I just plain lag to death and need a pet to help my dps ) is the Shivarra or the Observer a better pet? or is it possible that the imp is still destro's friend?

Everyone is just going to suggest sacrifice, instead of answering my question. I'll just let them all hit dummies for a few minutes and see which one wins. Don't care if Sacrifice is the best dps, you don't need to be a perfectionist to clear a 5 man.
Edited by Yiru on 10/2/2012 6:57 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
none. grimoire of sacrifice that muhfukca and get the buff.
87 Blood Elf Warlock
10/02/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Mollino
Did you read my thread? Warlock is a pet class, sometimes I want to use a pet.
90 Orc Warlock
When you're questing, it's nice to have your voidwalker out so you dont have to be a punching bag, but afaik Sacrifice is still the best Grimoire to use for Destro.

You will most likely want to sacrifice either your imp (if you want a dispell) or your puppy (if you want an interrupt). Sometimes maybe sacrifice your VW if you are using soul link for extra HP, but using it will depend on whether you want to lose Dark bargain or not.

Looks like your talents are based off levelling/farming and not really boss fights though. Unless you're doing PvP which I know nothing about. But if you're doing PvE you most like want dark regen (getting quick heals and increased healing is most likely more useful than smaller sustained heals, but it could be fight dependent), dark bargain (you wont have a demon so soul link is useless unless you sac your VW, and invulnerability for 8 seconds is nice), unbound will or burning rush depending on the fight since you can't usually fear things in raid fights, grim of sac, and imo AV for you 90 talent. MF is ok and I used it through levelling, but in normal fights your tank will have everything close together, so increased AoE range isn't that great. KC is more annoying than useful in my experience, and AV gives you a little DPS increase. Conflag glyph probably wont help much in raids since you can't slow bosses, whereas I think the extra health on soulstone (unless you never plan on rezzing anyone), is more useful. Lots of the talents and glyphs are fight specific, but imo there are pretty easy guidelines to go by to choose the correct one for the situation.
90 Human Warlock
There is no best pet

Pets are situational so depending on what your doing you pick your pet.

Solo play questing and leveling I use my void pretty much 100% of the time, The others are more I think for pvp and not really too useful questing and leveling.
90 Undead Warlock
Current theory craft is that Observer is the highest DPS pet for destro (and that Sup beats out Sac for Destro). However I despise that pet because it is too g'damn loud and obnoxious. So I've stuck wtih Sac so far.
90 Orc Warlock
10/02/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Ashin
Current theory craft is that Observer is the highest DPS pet for destro (and that Sup beats out Sac for Destro). However I despise that pet because it is too g'damn loud and obnoxious. So I've stuck wtih Sac so far.

And you're getting these numbers from?
90 Human Warlock
^^ ive checked noxxic and they have the theory craft up and how to use each pet for each specc. The observer seems to the fav, only problem i have is no one says why. I would go with the ebon imp only because the glyph of pet training gives the imp 50% more cast time and considering the 2 pets have the exact same stats, i would like to see this broken down
93 Orc Warlock
10/02/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Yiru
Did you read my thread? Warlock is a pet class, sometimes I want to use a pet.

Sometimes you want to do less dps.
90 Undead Warlock
i use shivarra~ like to look at dat !@#
96 Orc Warlock
10/02/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Avime
^^ ive checked noxxic and they have the theory craft up and how to use each pet for each specc. The observer seems to the fav, only problem i have is no one says why. I would go with the ebon imp only because the glyph of pet training gives the imp 50% more cast time and considering the 2 pets have the exact same stats, i would like to see this broken down

The glyph you are talking about is a dps loss. Imp is no longer limited by cast time, but instead by energy. Limiting him to only cast in burst of 3s will only energy starve him, and he will spend most of his time just standing by your side.

For everyone else asking about pets, yes Sac is better but if you insist on using a pet, Observer ends up doing more damage than the others.
90 Human Warlock
EJ is showing observer is better than sacrifice according to simcraft atm
90 Orc Warlock
10/02/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Arast
EJ is showing observer is better than sacrifice according to simcraft atm

^ Just because Sac WAS good for destro doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way forever. Please read up on your class before answering a question with misinformation.
90 Human Warlock
Rahl: wow thank you for saying that and now it makes perfect sense. Really love when people break stuff down like that. much appreciated. So ok not using the glyph with the imps default casting, what is he still burning up more energy then the observer? thanks
10/03/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Mannekyn
^ Just because Sac WAS good for destro doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way forever. Please read up on your class before answering a question with misinformation.

Oh look, I found some facts.
http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t130019-simulationcraft_warlocks_panda_edition/

Sacrifice is technically better... but only by about 0.01% lol.
But I wonder... does simcraft include burst windows? If not, I think Sacrifice will pull far ahead in actual raids.
90 Human Warlock
At the end of the day, the difference is so minimal and the skill cap for maximum DPS is so out of reach for the average player, that the answer is whatever you prefer.

I prefer Sac only because pet AI isn't always spot on.
90 Worgen Warlock
First off: don't take simcraft as cannon nor parrot what a bis sim of a patchwerk fight means for a very different environment, raid comp, and gear/skill level.

Daily quests? Pay the tome of clear mind and run grim of supremacy with a voidlord. Possibly a wrathguard but VL is better unless you are trying to aoe grind.

Raiding? So far we've only killed 3x bosses and have been farming 5m heroics for a week.

Mobility: nothing beats demo. Its also probably our strongest aoe option or at least our mobile aoe option since destro has to spam cast F&B incinerates to do its thing. Demo is probably best for dungeons since you can DA for misc tank deaths and most stuff is aoe dogpile. That said creative use of destro mechanics in dungeons is really really strong but for most players demo will serve them better.

10/25m raids first boss is probably affliction if for nothing else the pet AI being just one more thing to watch and it loves being stupid. Feng is really any spec but I'd probably again go with affliction for numbers sake. Demo gets a nod for being able to leap out/port back to the group for all the mobility checks. On our spiritbinder kill I was destro but I played with both aff and dest on attempts...each has their strengths but dest's mechanics felt stronger in certain circumstances. Mostly being able to use dark regen + ember tap + glyph'd HS to self heal to full in spirit realm. Tab target shadowburns = max embers upon leaving so you get to ember dump with the buff on the boss. Didn't get a kill on spirit kings yet (bugging kang wasting almost 2 hours...) but that is a super mobile fight at times so probably demo for panic movement or aff for pure numbers.

ALL that said....demo you are tracking more CD's, timers, and convoluted things. Aff you are tracking dots, MG/DS ticks (critical now), and shards. Destro you can play with vanilla inferface and no addons whatsoever. Its really the most error resistant spec we have which isn't a bad thing when you are focused on learning a fight on top of new mechanics.
Edited by Werst on 10/4/2012 6:04 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
^^ very good break down. still unsure of what you meant by vanilla interface lol. but do admit des is so simple i can teach it to my 5 year old. but i still have fun with it. u admitted the pets can be dumb so even for demon do you use sac or still use the dual felguard?
90 Human Warlock
OK i will put this all to rest i have been testing what pet is better for a destro for 3 months now and testing if grimoire of sacrifice is best here is what i found out with the inp i pull 99k dps in lfr with Shivarra i pull 110k and with Observer i have pull200k and for grimoire of sacrifice is 190k so in my view Observer is the best to use .
100 Blood Elf Warlock
06/04/2014 09:38 AMPosted by Spellshöck
OK i will put this all to rest i have been testing what pet is better for a destro for 3 months now and testing if grimoire of sacrifice is best here is what i found out with the inp i pull 99k dps in lfr with Shivarra i pull 110k and with Observer i have pull200k and for grimoire of sacrifice is 190k so in my view Observer is the best to use .

This thread was 'put to rest' two years ago, not to mention everything you just posted is completely incorrect.
Edited by Deviance on 6/4/2014 9:43 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]