Level 90 tank

100 Pandaren Monk
Having trouble in heroics with taking mass damage can anyone help with a updated guide to read as a premises to go off of also anyone have an adding that actually works with monks reforginator just doesn't do it yet
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
Ensure you are keeping up shuffle (by using BoK) and make sure you are using your Elusive Brew at necessary times and guard whenever you can without dropping shuffle.

Also, keep down your statue; it allows the healer to spend more time healing you instead of the party.

You can use leg sweep to offset some damage on trash to let the healer catch up.

If you are getting hit hard pick up healing orbs.

Use purifying brew when you reach yellow stagger instead of trying to dump it in high green; you save alot of chi this way and it makes keeping up shuffle and guard that much easier without taking too much of hit in survivability.

good luck!
Edited by Advanced on 10/2/2012 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Make sure you're taking advantage of Gift of the Ox. It's free healing and it makes healers happy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I use Reforge Lite
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite

It can be a bit tricky with stat weights at times. I haven't tried it in a while but at one point I had to put absurdly high numbers in Hit and Expertise to get it to calculate the right Hit and Expertise caps.
Edited by Hiroyatu on 10/2/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/2012/10/01/brewmaster-weak-auras/

Make sure you are keeping your mitigation buffs up as much as possible, try these.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Along with keeping up your mitigation buffs - remember you can glyph for the disorient off of your flame breath attack, in addition to your keg smash / brew throwing putting up a 50% snare. If you have full mitigation up / absorb is consumed / stun is on cd / all healing orbs are used, remember you can kite using the snare + rolls really easily, and can in fact keep up spinning crane kick in the process. Even a 1-3sec window where you dont get hit makes healers very happy on those big ae pulls.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The hardest part I'm finding about tanking is that 5-10 second start at the beginning when our buffs aren't up. Death Knights suffered a similar problem which was solved through bone shield, I'm hoping something similar to this could happen for Monks.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
kegsmash, guard - first mitigation within 2 globals of the pull, if you are really worried, use your other cds that do not require chi for spell / damage taken / hp boost, or you can open with leg sweep - build chi, then guard / blackout kick etc
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/02/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Brewmook
The hardest part I'm finding about tanking is that 5-10 second start at the beginning when our buffs aren't up. Death Knights suffered a similar problem which was solved through bone shield, I'm hoping something similar to this could happen for Monks.

It... wasn't solved through Bone Shield. It was solved by having a blood shield floor and DSing right off the bat.

What?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Rushing Jade wind is phenomenal as an opener allowing you to get a nice big threat hit on all targets as well as applying your shuffle buff.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/02/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Shootz
Rushing Jade wind is phenomenal as an opener allowing you to get a nice big threat hit on all targets as well as applying your shuffle buff.

The only issue, and it's a big'un, is having the 2 chi to cast it beforehand.

In that sort of situation you might as well have tossed a Dizzying Haze and Blackout Kicked/Guarded already.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]