Which ranged dps?

90 Night Elf Monk
This is my monk, who I'm leveling for a tanking and healing character, but I also love ranged dps. I'm not worried about being the "best" or topping charts (although I will try!), and I want to know other players opinions and experiences with the ranged dps classes. Which are the most fun, have lots of utility, are interesting etc? Thanks for any input!
Reply Quote
89 Human Mage
I love my mages and warlocks why because there mages and warlocks do i need to answer any further then that.

But in all seriousness

Mages i like because well not having a pet is great fire is so much fun to play as just standing there and blasting away and learning how to use combustion properly all those things are great
oha nd free ports/teleports and food = awsome:P

warlocks well they have a subtle coolness factor DOTS + pets + being pure evil is fairly awsome. destro is great fun afflcition is alot of fun in pvp demo can be fun as well.

Honestly for a ranged dps caster warlock or mage can't go wrong with one of those 2.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
How about shadow priests? Are they interesting?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Shadow priests are interesting most definantly just for me on my priest i am often to tempted to just heal which just yeah.

and for me personally i am not that interested in shadow priets DPS some peope love it:)
Edited by Jondy on 10/3/2012 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Bakka
How about shadow priests? Are they interesting?

At the risk of sounding biased, yes. The rotation has changed quite a bit since pre-5.0.4, and it's less RNG-dependent now. The shadow orbs function more like a resource now and can be used wisely (or not) to boost dps, rather than just hoping they proc and putting up lousy numbers if they don't. New talents are excellent and make the class feel a lot more capable in close quarters than it did before. (I can't speak about PVP, but I hear they're a blast in that area right now too.)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Mage is my main so it's prob bias but I have always liked Mage and they have always been a very good class in all aspects of the game.

Right now we offer great aoe or single target good utility and mobility. The 90 talents are a big debate but I do enjoy the extra way to optimize dps. Regardless mages will be fine and with the mass amount of daily hubs it's nice to have a hearth where you want and the freedom to portal to org
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
On mage rotations and specs I think it's a good spectrum of styles without a overly complicated system or rotation. Fire has some dots and procs to track frost has a pet, good utility and is a very viable spec now. Arcane is my least favorite but is a pretty unique spec for resource management to maximize

Frost is my new fav 5 man spec, dropping 500k frost bomb explosions and spamming 100-150k ice lances actually beats tanks on aoe pulls!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]