Windwalker Statue

(Locked)

90 Troll Monk
Howdy all. I noticed while leveling that windwalkers do not get an ability from 68-80 and it makes me sad. Even if WW get one ability, I think it would be really neat to get a statue like the other 2 specs. Maybe perhaps statue of the crane or statue of the vicious tiger? (just throwing out names). What are your guys' thoughts?
100 Pandaren Monk
Yes, I noticed the large gap to be rather boring. It would be statue of the white tiger or red crane most likely; preferably white tiger but we already have invoke, I honestly don't think cranes give off the fierce windwalker vibe. Yes we need a statue...
90 Orc Monk
what would it do...?
11 Undead Warlock
10/02/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Jayded
what would it do...?

Uhhhh........... do damage? Herp derp.
90 Human Monk
There was a statue in beta but it gave an on click buff to raid members and had no cd as I remember so WWs were basically constantly dropping them since they had charges; give us a 3 min cd statue buff that buffs our party or something, and that would work well and keep the statue flavor of monks that is sadly missing from ww now
Yeah, there used to be a tiger statue. It was bad. You're not missing anything.
90 Orc Monk
10/02/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Kane

the tanking statue does not tank, why would the dps statue dps? why would you want a statue that just does more damage for you. Just ask for a buff and get it over with. The people here are looking for a statue that would make the spec more entertaining and put it in line with the other two specs.
100 Human Monk
Putting down a statue is supposed to be a part of the class. Every spec should have one. It's really not fair for Windwalker's to be left out.

In this case, Blizzard could look at the old Shaman totems with ideas. What if it worked like Searing Totem by default, but with lightning?

Or what if it could be used as a kind of "Tower defence" statue? As in, over time it charges, and then when someone comes near it it lobs the charge(damage) at them.

There are a lot of things Blizzard could do with it. Pity they didn't think of anything before release.
Edited by Draile on 10/2/2012 11:15 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
My suggestion

70 summon white tiger statue
instant 2 chi 30sec cool down

(passive) haste buff 2-3% everyone withing 40 yards

(active) statue will cast a tiger brew 1% dmg buff stacks 5 times, buff trigers off the monk own tiger brew master proc while the statue is up on party or raid member within 40 yard.

think it would be in line with theme

just a thought we will probally never see a statue for WW.
90 Pandaren Monk
There is a tiger statue. It's called Invoke Xuen.
90 Troll Monk
Wow I'm glad to see so many people talking about this! I think that a statue that gives deals damage sort of like searing totem for enhance shamans and when you perhaps use rising sun kick or Fists of Fury it consumes the damage stacks for more damage on those abilities. Or I think it would be cool if it passively gave you 3-5% extra crit summoned chi spirits after every time you crit perhaps and after you 5 or so spirits are summoned they all fly toward the target (or targets) and deal damage. I could think of better once but these are just off the top of my head =)
90 Human Monk
10/02/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Jayded

the tanking statue does not tank, why would the dps statue dps? why would you want a statue that just does more damage for you. Just ask for a buff and get it over with. The people here are looking for a statue that would make the spec more entertaining and put it in line with the other two specs.

The Healing statue just passively heals. There's no interaction with it beyond it's pretty green ray of light. Why would the DPS statue be any different? Just make it shoot (white or green depending on glyphs) lightning every second or every time you use a chi spending skill.
90 Pandaren Monk

The tanking statue does not tank, why would the dps statue dps?

Actually the tanking statue does in fact tank, albeit briefly.

The healing statue does heal.

So it's not some herculean leap of logic to assume the DPS statue should DPS. Or atleast provide some sort of DPS enhancing mechanic.
Edited by Hiroyatu on 10/2/2012 12:46 PM PDT
90 Draenei Monk
10/02/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Moine

The Healing statue just passively heals. There's no interaction with it beyond it's pretty green ray of light. Why would the DPS statue be any different? Just make it shoot (white or green depending on glyphs) lightning every second or every time you use a chi spending skill.

^ I want that.
100 Human Monk

^ I want that.

So long as it doesn't have the same, stupid, lazy mechanics Searing Totem has historically had.

"WHY AREN'T YOU SETTING THINGS ON FIRE!?"

"I'm on my lunch break."
90 Human Monk
While I agree that the huge gap of no new skills does suck, you really don't want to have to drop a statue before every fight. Take it from a previous enhancement shaman.

Tiger Palm as it is, is quite a boon as far as timer watching goes. You aren't gimped without using it like Unholy DKs without diseases, and you don't need to have it up for everything.
100 Pandaren Monk
We had one in beta... Once placed it would occassionally proc a tiger that would rush at our target hitting for damage (and everything in between? I forget), if it was further away it did more damage. The proc was off of one of our attacks, I forget which one. In addition, people could click on it for a short (crit?) buff. I remember it being annoying to use...

Regardless though, I agree that we should have some kind of statue for gameplay and class reason, as well as the levelling "glut" in new abilities is definitely noticeable.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/02/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Jayded

i have it glyphed in my tank spec. it is very useful and can take a hit.
90 Pandaren Monk
I really hope its removal was like heroic leap was with warriors, delayed until they get it right, being the only spec without a statue is lame.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]