Player Models

55 Undead Death Knight
If you could enhance your character's model ,like one of the playable races, what would you do to enhance RP?
For me, I would put 3 models into the undead section. The human model, with some decaying signs. The mage models, with the cloak, and skeletons.
And for dwarves put in a Dark Iron type and Windhammer (I know I am saying it wrong, but the flying dwarves) tattoes.
I also wish that Blizzard would help make your models really thin or fat, or affect the tallness a bit. It's impossible, but we can dream, can't we?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'd probably make character creation more like LOTRO or something. A slider for weight, maybe height, too. Facial and bodily features like eye shape, head shape, nose shape, and mouth shape. A gradient of hair and skin colours that changes depending on origin.

Azeroth, Lordaeron, and Northrend (as continents) for humans.
Bronzebeard, Wildhammer, and Dark Iron for dwarves.
Khaz Modan alone for gnomes. :|
Kaldorei and Quel'dorei (Highborne) for night elves.
Argus (probably look more "original eredar") and Draenor for draenei.
Gilneas, Hillsbrad, and Grizzly Hills for worgen.

Brown (Mag'har), green, and black (Blackrock, Dragonmaw) skins for orcs.
Darkspear (jungle) and Revantusk (forest) for trolls.
Tauren and Taunka for tauren.
Human and Elf for undead. (Give the elves some bones and bad posture.)
Quel'Thalas alone for blood elves. :|
Bilgewater and Steamwheedle for goblins.

Wandering Isle only for Pandaren.

If you're wondering about in-game story, no, most of these wouldn't match up with starting zones but those are OOC anyway.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
More customisation would be wonderful as starting a character always seems to me like the only thing I can make is looking too much like all the rest of the characters running around. Making them taller or shorter, thinner or more muscular would be great. Allowing a slight difference in facial structure would be good too. Most of the faces just look too much alike to me.

I think it would be fun to be able to add in some tattoos or scars. Or to be able to change the appearance of your character according to mood.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What they said and facial fair for Troll males, beards for Blood Elf males, and a fix to the Human faces so they don't look sad when they have a moustache.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
Tattoos world be pretty great.

Cane animation when you're walking with a cane.

Right, left, or 2 handed spell casting.

Just a couple ideas I'll throw in o.o
Reply Quote
76 Human Monk
I'll retain to humans:

MALE
- Adjust the proportions: smaller hands, just a bit. Smaller wirsts
- Fix the beardless face to look less derpy without a beard
- Long beards as an option
- Character creation only: checkbox with a slimmer model, so casters wouldn't have to be bodybuilders if they don't want

FEMALE
- Change their arms on idle position. They are always with elbows bent and shoulders in a bad posture.
- Don't need to look "thinner", but add more polygons to their legs.
- Feet are too small for their legs, just increase the size a tiny bit. Also, way more polygons there please.
- Checkbox with buffer models, for those women that want to look like Xena

BOTH
- Hairstyles with the panda-level of quality
- Both running animations need to be reworked
- Melee animations overall, especially females
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Rogue
I'll retain to humans:

MALE
- Character creation only: checkbox with a slimmer model, so casters wouldn't have to be bodybuilders if they don't want

FEMALE
- Change their arms on idle position. They are always with elbows bent and shoulders in a bad posture.
- Feet are too small for their legs, just increase the size a tiny bit. Also, way more polygons there please.

BOTH

ALL OF THIS. One can only hope ><
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
I'll retain to humans:

MALE

FEMALE

BOTH

Yes..... just yes

my like button is broken now >.<
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
More glorious high detailed dwarven beards!
Also less-hunched back orcs :P
Reply Quote
76 Human Monk
UNDEAD
- Males need a face that doesn't look like something squished against a wall
- Checkbox with low level of decaying, that means, no bones showing off and a slight more erect posture. This is the "new" undead skeleton mesh, the old one is improved as well, but it's only for those that prefer to keep advanced level of decay, so they keep the hunchback. Instead of being character-creation only option, this can be swapped by a fat amount of gold on a necromancer NPC that is at UC barbershop.
- On the bright side, Undead animations are quite good atm, so they'd only need a few tweaks.
- Hairstyle makeover are badly needed. Add grey and white hair color options and for god's sake, long hair for both genders.
- Add more facial options
- The 3rd customizaton option at barber, wich changes the level of decay of your face only and put leather straps there can be expanded to the whole body.
Reply Quote
Hair color sliders like Sims 3 to where I could have bright pink hair with Black highlights and so on and so forth
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
There are going to be new player models coming out soon. Just so's ya know xD.

To be more exact, I just think that it would be nice to be able to adjust height, weight, and certain characteristics of the face, so you don't just have preset faces. I love sliders like what they have with a lot of games now a days. It's not just for roleplaying, but... who wants to look crappy when they're playing? The models have been getting better and better since Burning Crusade, and it's a little upsetting that they haven't bothered to change the old models yet.

The problem with sliders, however, is that a lot of people would need to get new computers just to be able to run that kind of change. Of course, there are lots of new changes with saving things online and whatnot, so maybe someday soon in the future they'll be able to put sliders in.
Reply Quote
84 Undead Hunter
Forsaken:

Holy crap, give us an option not to have those stupid looking bones popping out of our armor. Leave it as an -option- but let's have some models without it too.

Fix our faces :( why is my face squished and flat looking? Other races have real noses (except humans ...)

More and better hair options please. Fix the poly count in the hair so it's of Cata/MOP quality. We have some of the ugliest looking poly-hair in game. Also more styles would be nice.

Just add some tweaks to the level of detail - basically more poly count overall.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
POLYGONSPOLYGONSPOLYGONSPOLYGONS.
Reply Quote
-Height and weight sliders at character creation
-Toggle shoulder armor on/off or one shoulder/two shoulder option
-More transmog options (remove melee wep restrictions like for bows/guns)
-Ability to color match armor or dye armor
-Visible trinkets/nick-nacks/medals on armor like in Warhammer. Adds a nice little touch. Love that Pallies finally have a belt with a libram on it. It's about time!
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
10/01/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Throren
Also less-hunched back orcs :P

NO! Orc posture is perfect the way it is. Not everyone needs to look like they learned to walk carrying a book on their heads. Orcs are savage, bestial. We don't need to look refined. I absolutely HATE Thralls cata model. He looks like he's trying to be a human.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
09/30/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Kaltokk
beards for Blood Elf males

Genetically impossible for Blood Elves to grow beards. Peach fuzz at best. Scientific fact that Blood Elves bodies do not produce testosterone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Scarring would be a nice option
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/15/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Azug

Genetically impossible for Blood Elves to grow beards. Peach fuzz at best. Scientific fact that Blood Elves bodies do not produce testosterone.

http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Oldhighelfs.jpg?c=1
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
Posted by Azug

http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Oldhighelfs.jpg?c=1

17 minutes ago

Artistic liberty...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]