Really Blizz, what the.......

Why is the L87 Druid spell Symbiosis now useable by anyone WITHOUT a druid? So much effort was put into making the L87 spells unique and intriguing for each class, (some more than others, but they all offer something that is special to them). Symbiosis is pretty cool, despite not having a way to use it on ourselves, and most of the time it going on the tank, but we'll see just what the encounters hold for us if we can change that.

Too bad we can't cast it solo on ourselves somehow while we are in Pandaria out leveling, doing dailies, etc. Oh Wait...... We can't, but now every other class can.

Welcome to Overgrown Lilypad

Now any class, (the is not a druid), can get the perks of Symbiosis on themselves. Why would you take, what in theory is one of the new class-defining spells of a class, and just give it away? Sure, it's only useable in Pandaria. Sure, it's not useable in raids according to some recent reports. Sure, it's a drop from a rare mob, so? Does that make it okay somehow?

I am assuming I can expect to have a lootable item that gives me some other class's defining spell soon.......

Very disappointed. Very.
Reply Quote
Yeah, thanks for creating an item that excludes ONLY druids, and buffs everyone else...

Gotta love balance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gosh, that is just moodiculous isn't it?
Reply Quote
Yeah, here's the thing. That spell is LIMITED for other classes, while you druids have it all the time.

I don't see the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
People find the silliest things to be outraged about.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Blizzard hates Druids.

Just ask any other Mana battery from Vanilla and they will tell you I speak the truth.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
It's a neat thing to use while questing in Pandaria. It's not like we can use it in raids or BGs or anywhere else outside of Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/28/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Moodiculous
Sure, it's only useable in Pandaria. Sure, it's not useable in raids according to some recent reports. Sure, it's a drop from a rare mob, so?

09/29/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Illucia
People find the silliest things to be outraged about.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/29/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Rulo
It's a neat thing to use while questing in Pandaria. It's not like we can use it in raids or BGs or anywhere else outside of Pandaria.

Thing is.. that item is something that gives you the benefit of the druid's lv 87 spell outside of having a druid around to use it on you. Druids, if you note.. can't use that item at all. So where is the one that lets us use the symbiosis abilities we are supposed to gain, outside of a party / raid / group / whatever?

It's rare that you even get to be able to cast the spell.. it's a 6 second cast... by the time it goes off , your party is out of range and in combat already in a 5 man. Most of the levelling is also solo... ,same with daily grinding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thanks a lot, blizz. This is a really low blow, even for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I change my Symbiosis for Overgrown Lilypad.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
09/29/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Gruklaar
Thanks a lot, blizz. This is a really low blow, even for you.

I hope that is sarcasm. I do not see any other classes with 4 talent specs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, here's the thing. That spell is LIMITED for other classes, while you druids have it all the time.

I don't see the problem.

It's actually limited for Druids, too. No, we *can't* "have it all the time." It's reliant on the druid being in a group with another person, having that person sit still (and out of combat) for 6 seconds, and them not clicking it off to be d-bags. I don't know of any other class that got a brand new shiney that was useless without a willing party-mate to coordinate with.

I'd love to use this ability while leveling, but I can't. You can. I only get it in Arenas and in Raids. 90% of the time, it never goes off in 5-mans before the tank has started chain pulling, and in BGs, it would require me to stick near my target and hope neither of us dies, since respawn locations can be too far away to save the link.

09/29/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Drfate

Bear / cat being yanked apart was not necessarily a good thing for Druids. Additionally, having 4 specs to gear / respec to (no, we can't do all at once) != a new USEFUL item that gives a neat ability.

Irrelevant argument.

(Especially since there are many of us that have 0 interest in playing all four specs, so we get doubly screwed.)
Edited by Taswind on 9/29/2012 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/29/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Drfate
Was better to have 3 talent specs...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/29/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Taswind
I don't know of any other class that got a brand new shiney that was useless without a willing party-mate to coordinate with.

Priests level 87 ability switches their health with a party/raid member on a 6 minute cooldown.

Druids got without a doubt one of the coolest new abilities ever and they're complaining about it. Ugh.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Sounds like Druids are having...

*Sunglasses*

Balance problems.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Priests level 87 ability switches their health with a party/raid member on a 6 minute cooldown.

Druids got without a doubt one of the coolest new abilities ever and they're complaining about it. Ugh.

We're not complaining about Symbiosis here - most of us are saying that giving other classes the equivalent of our 87 ability while excluding us is kinda mean, and responding to the other people's argument in that "we get these abilities all the time." (Since we dont.)

I forgot about the Priest's ability - probably blocked it out of my memory because it's yet ANOTHER way Priests can troll the rest of us, in addition to LG. :/

Would it have killed Blizz to say "If you're a druid, you get a spell from a random other Druid tree besides your own / X spell from some other class"?
Edited by Taswind on 9/29/2012 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Stop it guys, you're making my class look bad. It's not a big deal in the slightest, and it's very rare that you have someone who's a big enough jerk that they won't let you use Symbiosis on them.

And pretty much every class' new ability is something that's only useful in groups.

Sounds like Druids are having...

*Sunglasses*

Balance problems.

YEEEEEEEEEEAH
Edited by Mooniverse on 9/29/2012 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]