Really Blizz, what the.......

5 Gnome Mage
It can only be used in pandaria, so it's not that bad
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Did anyone else notice it can only be used out in the world of Pandaria?

Not in dungeons.

Or scenarios.

Or whatever.

So it's uses are quite limited.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Druids complain about everything even though they already have everything...spoiled little brat children of blizzard is what they are
Edited by Raxsor on 10/3/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Shaman just get a DPS cooldown. Granted, it's a pretty neat cooldown, but it's not super exciting or special. Symbiosis is still really unique.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Jhen
Shaman just get a DPS cooldown. Granted, it's a pretty neat cooldown, but it's not super exciting or special. Symbiosis is still really unique.

Unique isn't necessarily useful. I doubt that most people would feel happy if one of their minor glyph cosmetic changes was turned into their level 87 ability. It would be unique, but largely useless.

While it IS true that some of the level 87 abilities are group oriented... at least you can use them while soloing. While it is true that some are just straight dps or healing boosts... at least they serve a purpose. Even the utility ones are always there for those rare occasions that they'll be useful.

Imagine taking that ability you have, and putting a restriction "must be in a group" in order to use it. Just that alone would kinda suck.

Take it a step further and add "must be in a group with 5 out of the 10 classes in the game".

Now put "must stay within 100 yards of a specific member of that group"

Add "must not be in a group with another member of your class" too. I mean it's a little more complex than that, but you get the gist.

Now add "the ability is nerfed by 50% or more from it's current form"

Oh, don't forget "must spend 5 seconds casting every hour before you can use this ability"

Finally add "other classes become more powerful because you have this ability, oh, and they have a real level 87 spell with none of the above restrictions"
Edited by Jashiliter on 10/3/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
deleted.
Edited by Darghon on 10/5/2012 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Symbiosis feels awful to use honestly. I am sure there will be some gimmicky fights in the future where we will need to use it but overall... bleeeh. I have no reason to cast it.

The item, which doesn't even need to be equipped, gives everyone but a druid the effect from symbiosis when they are doing dailies or whatever. Which is when some of the things Symbiosis gives might actually be useful..... the only times we can't really use it! Since we cannot use it, and we also cannot use Symbiosis while soloing, it seems crappy.

That being said, it is a rare drop and I doubt people will be "farming" it, not really worth the time.

Overall, meh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Huh. Seems strange. Not that I'd use it anyway; I get stealthing Ghost Wolf from Symbiosis.

How is that useful at all in a dungeon. -_-

Most of the symbiosis abilities are of limited use. What am I going to do with Frost Armor? Or Life Tap?

I confess; I don't understand Life Tap at all.

Frost Armor might be useful if you've got adds that need to be kited, like the Sha of Vengeance fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Druids should be able to use the item, but that doesn't warrant the amount of whining in this topic, especially from the class that already has the most perks in the game.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Rixus
especially from the class that already has the most perks in the game.

Says the class that could insta-gib anyone else in the game, was actually taken to RBGs regardless of their spec (only moonkin were wanted for druids), could top DPS meters practically by autoattacking...

Oh, but we can pick flowers in form. (but not mining nodes) That's worth everything, right?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yeah, Symbiosis is really clunky to use (the tank is likely to pull before I finish a 6 second cast, and saying "please wait so I can cast Symbiosis" doesn't always work), but it's a good idea. I think the spells list could be a bit better and I wish it wasn't completely useless while soloing, but otherwise, good spell. I feel the same way as pretty much every other druid about the Lilypad, though. It really does suck for every other class in the game to be able to use my 87 spell while soloing, though, especially when I can't even do that. Other people have suggested allowing Symbiosis to grant a random spell from its list while solo, and that could be okay I guess, but most of them are pretty useless soloing anyway. The only ones I'd want to use in most cases are Feral Spirit, Redirect and Soul Swap.

Also, you might want to change the thread title to say something about Symbiosis, for added visibility. This thread title sucks.
Edited by Wafle on 10/4/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I confess; I don't understand Life Tap at all.

If your vengeance is more than 1/10th of your health, then you'll gain health from lifetap/frenzied regen cycling.

It might actually be worth running the numbers on that...
Reply Quote
70 Orc Hunter
09/28/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Moodiculous
Why would you take, what in theory is one of the new class-defining spells of a class, and just give it away?

That is exactly the reason why. Blizzard hates it when classes these days stand out, so they give crap to everybody.

Notice how everybody has a form of healing now?

Notice how nearly every single class can reduce healing to enemies, or slow them down 50/70%?

How every single caster class has ways to uber-regen mana?

The list goes on, my friend.

No class is unique anymore. No. Class.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Blizzard hates Druids.

Just ask any other Mana battery from Vanilla and they will tell you I speak the truth.

At least you saw use.

I had to sit in the back with my thumbs up my backside waiting for someone to die.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
Oh. Yeah. Dash. Glad I have this item.

fdgkdfgf not really use for some classes and has very limited areas to use it in so its sort of only useful for dailies.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
perhaps they should make it so using the item gives the closes random friendly druid the same ability symbiosis would grant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Meh. At least other classes get something good. I basically get a mushroom version of unholy blight. Useless forme.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard hates Druids.

Just ask any other Mana battery from Vanilla and they will tell you I speak the truth.

By giving everyone a chance to have druid spells, I see that more as love and advertising for the druid lol

"Hey want Tranquility? Did you like it? Roll a Druid!"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]