Level 60 DK with Ashbringer And t3 Warr gear

90 Night Elf Druid
How is this possible? I'm so jelly you wouldn't even believe...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Raylonn/simple

I understand you can buy various items on the BMAH(Black Market Auction House). But i didn't know that not only could you buy the ashbringer, but you could get the whole set with in the first week of MoP. I also know they took off class restrictions so any plate class can wear other T3 plate. War to pally, pally to war, dk to warr, dk to pally xmogg sets....
Edited by Alpononce on 9/28/2012 10:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Can anyone tell me how it is possible to not only get THEE Corrupted Ash Bringer, but full T3 dreadnaught warrior pieces. I saw the dreadnaught boots on the BMAH the other day, but only the boots. Not the full set or anything...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Also don't know how that's possible.. also extremely jealous.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
wat

If you can honestly buy the Ashbringer on there, that's kind of ridiculous. If it was a mistake and they end up removing it this guy should definitely have it removed from his character also.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
He has Corrupted Ashbringer, not Ashbringer.

Still, not sure how he got all of them so fast. I've been looking at mine all day, all I've seen is a T3 shaman belt and some level 90 PvP necklace.. then the shaman belt disappeared.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It was a transmogrification glitch that Blizzard caught and corrected.

Don't worry about it, it isn't doable anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Seen this guy before, there was a thread about him several months ago. He was a tauren, and had a different name, but same gear setup.

Not sure how he managed it, but the Black Market AH is not responsible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's a seriously ugly sword compared to the one he actually has equipped. Why would he do that?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Its from a transmog bug, if some warrior has lets say corrupted ashenbringer, then you go with your level 60 dk friend into a raid and get a random level 60 sword from a raid like BWL, the warrior with ashenbringer would then transmogs the sword with the ashenbringer he has, and trades it back to the dk. I think they fixed the bug, but not before people abused it, and doing something like this makes it very obvious that he abused the bug so not so sure it was a smart move on his part.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'd say it was the old transmogrification glitch/exploit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
used to be a bug where you could mog a trade-able item and then trade it and it would keep the mog. So for that character they likely had a guildie/friend/etc. that had those t3/sword items, took them on a few dungeon runs and every time they got a plate piece they would mog it and trade it in the 2 hour window.

It was eventually fixed so you can't do that anymore, but some people still have the items that were mogged/traded like that... the ashbringer mog is just one of the most noticeable :P
Reply Quote
This isn't new. He did this months ago when 4.3 first came out. He would get boe armor then put his tier 3 and ashbringer on it. Then send it to his DK while it was in gift wrap which at the time would bypass removing transmog from mailing something. This has been fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Don't report him. He looks like an awesome classic DK right out of Vanilla, there should be someone like him out there somewhere amongst the servers, some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die,...
Edited by Elrith on 9/28/2012 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There was a bug a while back to where if you got loot in a raid lets say the old raid finder for example when you could trade the items all willy nilly, now lets say you're friend won an item you both could use the one with the original Tier 3 could transmog it to their Tier then trade it back to you and the the transmog would still be intact.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
09/28/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Alpononce
Can anyone tell me how it is possible to not only get THEE Corrupted Ash Bringer, but full T3 dreadnaught warrior pieces. I saw the dreadnaught boots on the BMAH the other day, but only the boots. Not the full set or anything...

I dont remember the Corrupted Ashbringer being on the BMAH but t3 is
Reply Quote
If he was going to be banned they would have done it by now. I think he was pretty clever doing this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]