New rep grind...

90 Human Rogue
09/29/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Lovelykitty
Where are people getting these 40 dailies? i'm friendly and i barely get 10'ish from golden lotus + maybe 6 or 7 if i count klaxxi.

Anglers 3-4 dailies
Tillers i lost count.
Jade Serpent 5-6.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/29/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Instìnctz
Where are people getting these 40 dailies? i'm friendly and i barely get 10'ish from golden lotus + maybe 6 or 7 if i count klaxxi.

Anglers 3-4 dailies
Tillers i lost count.
Jade Serpent 5-6.

derp, i thought people meant 40 golden lotus dailies.>.>
Reply Quote
Hey has anyone found a guide to dailies yet?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/29/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Psynister
What would you say is the minimum hours required every day devoted strictly to dailies to be competitive in end game?

Klaxxi for first week to get to revered; Golden Lotus for 2nd or 3rd week while you spend your VP on Klaxxi... I can't say how long Shando Pan / Celestial is going to take...

So about 30 minutes a day doing either Klaxxi or Golden Lotus, or 1 hour if you do both? But in reality it may be more at beginning because you want to get 90 lesser charm of good fortune per week...

You do NOT grind Tiller / Angler / Cloud Serpent to be competitive in end game... I do Tiller since farmville is fun, but skipping Angler/Cloud Serpent for now...

edit 2:
As for my opinion about this rep grind... I think it's ok-ish for main, but I'd really hate to do the grind for alts... If only they can make the rep account bind or something...
Edited by Emmey on 9/29/2012 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
It's a form of single-player non-raid gear progression. If it's too fast then the non-raiders run out of content and leave.

I also don't get how it's that much of a grind. Knocking out like 15 dailies is hardly a big deal.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I feel like it's a cheap way to add content, but I guess I can handle it.

What I don't like is the fact that if I want to be taken seriously at all on my alt, I have to do dailies twice a day.

And they just nerfed Klaxxi rep? Jesus. Love having all this valor that will go to waste in a few weeks of raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Its not as bad as I thought it'd be. I don't mind having to pace myself. I'm already burned out of spamming heroics.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Quite honestly, it was way too easy the back half of Wrath and the last tier of Cataclysm to keep alts around.

I'd go further, the ease of gearing and maintaining a raid ready alt was threatening to create problems in the broader raiding metagame.

When guilds were working on 0% HLK there was a running joke on these forums and others that the first HLK kill would be the first guild to recruit 18 warlocks. Alts have the potential to turn that joke into reality. Right now maintaining a fleet of alts is mostly in those world and region first quality guilds however the ease and advantage of maintaining a fleet of alts was such that it was beginning to trickle down into lower level guilds. At a certain point Blizzard would have to start making balancing assumptions based on guilds being able to field 8 of a class at a moment's notice and then alts would become a requirement for all guilds concerned about progression.

With MoP Blizzard is trying to head off the trend before it gets to that point, you can still maintain a fleet of alts but its a lot more time consuming to hopefully keep it confined to the upper crust of raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/30/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Fierydemise
At a certain point Blizzard would have to start making balancing assumptions based on guilds being able to field 8 of a class at a moment's notice and then alts would become a requirement for all guilds concerned about progression.

That time has come and gone already.

Weren't you around for Dragon "We didn't realize guilds had 13 Dragonwraths" Soul?
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Paladin
I like the fact this isn't like being a tank in Cata and being exalted with every rep by the end of launch weekend and having nothing to do.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/30/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Positron
Then you design raid encounters so class stacking isn't necessary. This was talked about in one of the recent interviews.

I doubt it's possible to design a tier under the current system where there's no advantage to class stacking at all.

Most guilds don't class stack. The ones that do will continue to do so despite anything Blizzard does short of a raid ID lock per character (which will never happen).

09/30/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Positron
What you fail to recognize is that some people simply like playing alts. That would be me and I don't raid. Casuals aren't the ones that get burnt out on content when they don't even raid. It's the raiders.

I like playing alts too. Doesn't mean alts need to be able to get within a few item levels of my main with a couple weeks' work.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Betting money they'll make the exalted tabards boa and allow you to champion factions in heroics for your alts later on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm fine with it in theory, but JP needs to be spendable when you hit level cap, not after weeks of dailies. It's pretty silly. Also so that I don't have to do this 6x.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't mind the dailies, I do mind there isn't an alternative. I personally dislike doing them, and I'm having to do them for tailoring.

I probably end up not even bothering for the expansion mounts since every dragon mount so far is tied to being exalted with cloud serpent.

I don't think spending hours and hours flying around windward isle looking for eggs is especially fun =P
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
09/30/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Daelen
I'm fine with it in theory, but JP needs to be spendable when you hit level cap, not after weeks of dailies. It's pretty silly. Also so that I don't have to do this 6x.

You can get a JP vendor available before dinging 90

You need to understand the system rather than blindly critique it with the bandwagon bros
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Postonforums

You can get a JP vendor available before dinging 90

You need to understand the system rather than blindly critique it with the bandwagon bros

This makes no sense.

If you do the Klaxxi quests you get enough 437 and 450 gear to the point that you dont need the JP gear.

If you didnt do the klaxxi quests you dont have the vendor open to use the JP.

JP have NO VALUE AT ALL!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]