Monks are so poorly designed

90 Orc Monk
10/01/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Yanemperor
Monks are fine. I guarantee that all of the whiners are people who play E-Z mode classes (rogue, pally, etc.) and are simply not used to actually having to be aware of what they're doing. Bet you don't see any former enhance shamans whining

0---------0

I am a former enhacement shaman, and i approve this message. Having fun with my monk

Thats cause all the former enhancement Shaman whined in the original nerf pre-bc...lmao
Edited by Monkology on 10/1/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I'm not seeing anything poor about the design for WW/BM yet, and from what I hear about MW, its extremely well designed. Keep in mind that the terms well designed and easy are not synonyms.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
'm not seeing anything poor about the design for WW/BM yet, and from what I hear about MW, its extremely well designed. Keep in mind that the terms well designed and easy are not synonyms.

Also, well-designed and undertuned are not the same either. I think the class is beautifully designed in what it does. I won't say that things like PvP don't need work, but that is just some tweaking.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/01/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Chuin
Also, well-designed and undertuned are not the same either.

Right, I think that Blizzard was very careful not to replicate the DK debacle of LK. They wanted Monk to fit in with the current classes, not bend them over sideways.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Also, well-designed and undertuned are not the same either.

Right, I think that Blizzard was very careful not to replicate the DK debacle of LK. They wanted Monk to fit in with the current classes, not bend them over sideways.

Well even if monks came in OP or UP at least when a nerf or buff happens it's going to be a few small tweaks here and there versus the huge nerfs that went down with DK's
Edited by Monkology on 10/1/2012 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I can only speak for Windwalker (since I've been dying to play this class since 2007), but if you go the DPS route and expect to charge into the fray and lay waste, you'll be dead in less time than it takes to say it. You can't survive a focused onslaught and burst is too low to drop opponents quickly - particularly if there's a healer involved.

That said, I've only lost two fights 1v1, and I was outranked by 4 levels in both cases. Between the control, survivability, mobility, and pressure damage, I feel almost godlike in a one-on-one situation. I really do feel like I'm in complete control of the fight. No matter a single enemy throws at me, I feel like I have a tool to deal with it.

I've stated this before, but it's held true thus far. Be interesting to see how it pans out as the game goes on and at endgame. Can any endgamers shed some light on this?

Off topic:

Artanys, I like your choice of transmog. Humble monk indeed.
Reply Quote
I think the class is fun, and balanced at 90, PVE wise. After playing every class for years and years I needed something new, and monk is a unique, in-depth class. If you're having problems as DPS, Tank, or Heals, you might just want to go back to your previous character.

PVP could use a little bit of love, but I think glove bonus will be a huge help.
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
Just dropping in to say I'm loving the Monk class so far. Peace.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
I try to not take advice from power levelers. There is no way on earth anyone can have all the nuances down pat by now. ITT some RAF newbs crying cause they aren't OP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I dont care i'm still getting this to 90 and playing a Mistweaver healer .
600 enchanting/600 jewelcrafting
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Coming from a former Resto Shaman:

I only have experience with Mistweaver as I did dungeons from 15-80. Healing was stupid easy before 80, and even afterwards it can be simple. I'm used to having three casted heals though, and I do miss it. I wish both melee and ranged healing didn't seem so mana-hungry as well.

From my experiences in Cata dungeons is that I spend too much mana and don't use enough Chi abilities to generate mana tea. There just doesn't seem to be much use for the chi abilities when most things can be easily handled by mana. Maybe I'm just an idiot and doing things wrong.

Also, Healing Sphere is a completely useless button on my screen, and my mastery is completely useless too. Not a single person has EVER bothered to even go for an orb, and then get upset when they die because "I wasn't doing my job." I'm sorry to say, but most people in randoms are not going to go out of their way and stop dpsing just to grab an orb. It's the sad, sad truth and I hate it.

I'm looking forward to trying Pandaria content and seeing if things improve. :3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/01/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Mingxiao
I'm sorry to say, but most people in randoms are not going to go out of their way and stop dpsing just to grab an orb. It's the sad, sad truth and I hate it.

Fortunately, I will be able to yell in Mumble at my raiders "STOP STABBING AND GRAB AN ORB YOU MORONS" :)
Reply Quote
BTW Blizzard has proven that they are willing to make changes to a class, if the class is having obvious problems. We may not agree on what problems are, or aren't. But they have proven that classes are not set in stone, unable to ever be changed.

They will make changes, you can bet on it. They change and tweak classes all the time.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
I think it's ridiculous this class made it through beta..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have no trouble topping the dps in dungeons. I think the class is fine. People need to learn how to play it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
There's little problems with Windwalker being a little less fun than it couple be in PvE, but numbers wise it's fine. I'm consistently well on top of any heroics, and got #2 in a Feng kill tonight (behind a mage, ahead of a pair of hunters, a warlock and a warrior). That seems fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/08/2012 02:59 AMPosted by Temzel
There's little problems with Windwalker being a little less fun than it couple be in PvE, but numbers wise it's fine. I'm consistently well on top of any heroics, and got #2 in a Feng kill tonight (behind a mage, ahead of a pair of hunters, a warlock and a warrior). That seems fine.

What makes windwalker less fun than it could be? I was seriously tempted to check out either monk or warlock for pve since rogues feel dull and slow at the moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]