Tanks please stop taking dps gear

90 Night Elf Warrior
I have been ninjaed by a tank more times than i can count since i started to run heroics please stop I need dps gear to! you all are giving good tanks a bad name!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Stop taking our tanking gear, then.

Also, there are some DPS items which are strongly suited for tanking now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I dont take your tanking gear also dps trinkets are not for tanks i would be in full heroic gear if i didnt get ninjaed by a tanks all the time and then they drop group to get another instant q.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
LOL, sure, will do. Just as soon as all you awesome 5k dps stop taking my tank gear. And yes, there are 90's still out there doing 5k. smh
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I do way more than 5k dps...with all my cd's poped i do 80k single target smh
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
but this is not about *my* dps it is about ninja tanks and they way you guys are acting you ninja to.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh, also. As a general rule of thumb..

*Jedi Hand Wave*

These are not the tanks you are looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
No because your Horde I don't have a Horde toon but you probably have took some off spec gear from a healer or dps that needed it for main spec and that is not cool.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Or possibly your tank is a main spec DPS who que'd as either role and ended up tanking because you were unwilling to tank or don't have the skills to tank.

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
DPS gear is gross. Touching it burns me. Tanks 4 lyfe.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Naridios
I dont take your tanking gear also dps trinkets are not for tanks i would be in full heroic gear if i didnt get ninjaed by a tanks all the time and then they drop group to get another instant q.

I'm curious.

If something is hit/mastery or expertise/mastery, is a tank item, or a DPS item, in your eyes?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
09/30/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Stax

I'm curious.

If something is hit/mastery or expertise/mastery, is a tank item, or a DPS item, in your eyes?

kind of cloudy now that tanks need more stats
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Pretty sure I didn't single you out there Naridios. I said it as a broad statement about some of the dps I've been grouped with. This is an argument that has been going on since TBC, it just seems back then the community was a little more thoughtful, or maybe it was because you were grouped with people on your realm only and things like that pretty much had you blacklisted...but I digress.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
09/30/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Naridios
No because your Horde I don't have a Horde toon but you probably have took some off spec gear from a healer or dps that needed it for main spec and that is not cool.

As a tank that sat through multiple Coren queues as a DPS to get the damned Crit trinket, this assumption is bloody insulting.
Edited by Scared on 9/30/2012 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/30/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Cakemountain

I'm curious.

It helps with threat gen and tanks who like big numbers. Expertise & hit are in if you are asking.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/30/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Naridios

Mamma Mia!! Don't be that guy that derails his own thread....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thank god hunters don't use staves anymore, now there is at least one piece of tank gear that I don't have to roll against dps for :D Also, even in MoP there is still pretty much no such thing as dedicated "tanking" leather - even guardian tier stuff only has one piece with dodge - so I'm gonna roll against dps rogues and monks, and they can just deal.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
09/30/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Sindaur
Thank god hunters don't use staves anymore, now there is at least one piece of tank gear that I don't have to roll against dps for :D Also, even in MoP there is still pretty much no such thing as dedicated "tanking" leather - even guardian tier stuff only has one piece with dodge - so I'm gonna roll against dps rogues and monks, and they can just deal.

Don't DPS Monks also get to use staves?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

It helps with threat gen and tanks who like big numbers. Expertise & hit are in if you are asking.

Every time I miss with my shor, I take 60% more damage. Threat and big numbers are really secondary.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock

Every time I miss with my shor, I take 60% more damage. Threat and big numbers are really secondary.

Didn't they change it during the Beta so that the damage reduction happens regardless of whether or not you hit? Granted, Hit and Expertise are still needed for HoPo generators, but you are only talking about the finishers here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]