Motion sickness with Soothing Mist

20 Pandaren Monk
Casting Smoothing Mist requires the healer to face the person being healed. The screen turns to view who ever you use SM on. I got a bad case of motion sickness after spending about 20 minutes spamming SM on people. After seeing the screen jump around so much I felt like being inside a washing machine. Is there a game option that allows a player to disable the "view" from turning so much?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Try setting your camera to "Never Adjust Camera" under the Camera Following Style in the Camera tab in Interface Settings. That's what mine is set at, and it doesn't spin with SoM.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
try doing that with 40m sha of anger...
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
I did like you said and adjusted my camera to "Never Adjust Camera" and I'm still getting camera rotation when SoM is used. I uninstalled all my addons and tested it. Is anyone else having this problem?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Do you get motion sickness IRL from things? I haven't noticed anything too crazy. Have you ever played a Lock or SPriest? It's the same with their drains and flays.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/07/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Kanzentai
Do you get motion sickness IRL from things? I haven't noticed anything too crazy. Have you ever played a Lock or SPriest? It's the same with their drains and flays.

It isn't really the same, because at least you get a break from channelling Penance or Drain Soul sometimes on a warlock. Since monks only have Soothing Mists until level 32, we're doing a heck of a lot of spinning...

That said, it doesn't really bother me, but different things bother different people. Hitting "never adjust camera" should, well, never adjust your camera. Your character will spin, but your view of him should stay stationary.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
if you just hold down the right click button on your mouse while you're channeling you continue to face the same way you were but the channel will still shoot to the person since heals don't require you to face the target. Learned this trick with my disc priest using pennence
Reply Quote
Perhaps the Monk healing spec isn't for you.

Might I suggest a new hobby? I hear there is much fulfilment to be had in knitting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I've been having this problem as well. Not so much motion sickness as it causing general problems in raid. I first noticed it on Feng. When I'm going to heal my tank and he runs towards us (the ranged) to nullify the epicenter or runs back to the boss it alters my view which causes problems with the lightning mechanic he does. I have to adjust my camera each time to see it. This happens a lot in similar instances, especially when another raider is behind or beside me, it moves my camera away from what I need to see constantly. An option to prevent this would be much appreciated. I expect you'll see more posts on this in the coming months as more Mistweavers hit 90.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Monk
Just be glad you don't spin with SCK.lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
10/13/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Sooyungwu
Just be glad you don't spin with SCK.lol

Oh god...don't give them ideas...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]