What do pures gain for long LFD waits?

90 Human Warlock
When I played my Shaman, DK, and Druid I could gear up my DPS specs by first gearing out a tank or healer spec and then also rolling on offspec gear as it dropped. But DPS are forced to much longer in queues so it takes them longer to get geared. Why hasnt Blizzard done something yet to make the JP gained per hour the same regardless of what role you play? Just doesnt seem fair that my Lock or Mage sit in LFD for 30-45 mins when I can just hop over to my Disc Priest or Blood DK and get in 2 minutes later. So for having to wait longer to get into instances and thus taking longer to get geared what is the tradeoff that pure DPS gain?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
This is the same issue at the beginning of every expansion. People are hesitant to heal or tank until they are used to the dungeons. The times will get better, but not for a while. Just sit back and get used to it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The trade off is not being asked to tank/heal by every single person you know so they can get faster queues. It gets old when you just want to DPS =(

But someone's gotta do it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
My friend rolled a warrior all he wants to do is dps. We qued for a random i just went heals since i honestly dont care what i do. My point is unless your so anti social that you dont have any healer or tank to que with sounds like a personal problem. I like to dps but i do whatever needs to be done to have faster ques.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Tanking sucks. It's not fun. I do it because I don't want to be part of the problem. But that said, on my mage, lock, hunter, and rogue, I never find myself without stuff to do. way too many factions have stuff I need.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
10/01/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Lilicia
Why hasnt Blizzard done something yet to make the JP gained per hour the same regardless of what role you play?

Dunno, good question. I gave up on my pure and rerolled druid for MoP. So far, so good. I get to quest as boomkin and then queue resto for 5mans for the shorter queues and I don't even have to change gear!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
More responsibility is forced on the tanks and healers typically compared to the dps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Well thankfully for me guildies are running constantly so i never have to endure those 30 min wait times.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
In reality they gain nothing. During that time I guess you could farm mats or do your dailies...or dance around naked in capital cities while drunk and saying "you know you want what I got packed in this trunk"

As for tanks and healers...there is only one of them compared to 3 dps slots - makes for quicker lines in general - add the fact that people don't like to be tanks or healers because their is a perceived extra responsibility. In reality (until you outgear content) the entire party relies on each other. Ask any tank or healer how crappy DPS makes their lives miserable; the fight just extends beyond what it ever should and forces the tank or healer to do things they technically shouldn't need to. Ask any dps how miserable it is with a tank who can't hold aggro or position mobs correctly. Ask anyone how they hate a healer who can't handle anyone besides the tank...

We're all linked in this mess up world. It boils down to 1 slot for each, 3 for dps and not as many healers or tanks.
Edited by Bôurbôngin on 10/1/2012 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Glítch
Why hasnt Blizzard done something yet to make the JP gained per hour the same regardless of what role you play?

So.... do you think that's going to make tanks want to tank more dungeons or less? And do you think that's going to make the problem better for you, or worse?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I could gear up my DPS specs by first gearing out a tank or healer spec and then also rolling on offspec gear as it dropped.

I hate you.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Patience. We gain patience.

And anger. That too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
More time to do dailies and random stuff while waiting for dungeon queues, it's a blessing in disguise for most of us.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So for having to wait longer to get into instances and thus taking longer to get geared what is the tradeoff that pure DPS gain?
Sanity.

Few other minor things too.

Tank gear is only good for tanking (defensive stats,) there is only one tank spec per class. DPS gear on Hunter/Mage/Warlock/Rogue/Warrior is pretty universal between dps specs. Healing gear can be caster dps gear but not all healers have a caster dps spec and very few pieces of tanking gear are universal to dps gear.

Gaming experience. Bad players kill it. Good tank/ healer all a dps is looking for and isn't to affected by other dps. Tanks and healers are effected more for each dps and the opposite tank/healer role. Under geared healer and the tank needs to slow down. Under geared tank and the healer is on baby sitting duty. DPS well anything bad they do needs to be handled by the tank or healer in some way (pull adds for example tank picks them up, if tank doesn't the healer still has to heal more because those mobs are not there just to give out hugs.)

Few like the responsibility of tanking in 5 mans due to the abundance of uncontrollable chaos. Many loves tanking raids due to lack of chaos or when it happens it can be controlled. Healing is a toss up, in a group that takes little damage and doesn't stand in anything you go into shock and wonder if it is a dream and the dream never lasts long. Usually for healing it feels like people go out of their way to take unnecessary damage.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
10/01/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Williame
o.... do you think that's going to make tanks want to tank more dungeons or less?

Why should it matter to tanks if a pure dps class gets some kind of small bonus for having to wait 30+ minutes for a queue? I don't really think this is about tanks, it's about trying to make sure pures aren't spending double or triple the amount of time in game for half the rewards as tank/healing hybrids get for investing the same amount time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
you know... BACK IN THE DAY..

2 hours to get a 5 man together.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
When I played my Shaman, DK, and Druid I could gear up my DPS specs by first gearing out a tank or healer spec and then also rolling on offspec gear as it dropped. But DPS are forced to much longer in queues so it takes them longer to get geared. Why hasnt Blizzard done something yet to make the JP gained per hour the same regardless of what role you play? Just doesnt seem fair that my Lock or Mage sit in LFD for 30-45 mins when I can just hop over to my Disc Priest or Blood DK and get in 2 minutes later. So for having to wait longer to get into instances and thus taking longer to get geared what is the tradeoff that pure DPS gain?

Well for me, I gain priest healers needing on hit gear while getting !@#$ty if I need on spirit gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Pures are forced to socialize and make friends.

Oh, the horror.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
DPS gain to do the actual run. Since there are too many dps as it is the tank/healer cues are shorter because there is more demand for those roles. Or would you rather go back to having to troll for a dps spot in trade?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
What do hybrids that don't playing Healing and Tank specs get for long LFD waits?
I DEMAND COMPENSATION FOR PLAYING WHAT I ENJOY!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]