Tricks of Our Trade: Cut to the Cheese

10 Goblin Rogue
I've not seen Gyro in a while...

:(
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm really afraid that if I bring my mage over I'm going to abandon my rogue till 5.1

although by the state of the forums that might not be a bad idea
90 Human Rogue
Its not that you can't discuss moderation. How else would the moderators know if they are properly serving the community?

You just aren't supposed talk about thing that were moderated, since the whole point of moderation is the remove its influence from the forum. Like someone's post is removed because it contains someone's personal information or inappropriate material.

Talking about why someone was banned or why something was moderated removes the whole point behind the action. The moderators are here to facilitate a safe and constructive environment for us to share our thoughts about the game and the community. Its not an invisible hammer hanging over our heads.

And lastly, an important distinction is that moderation can only facilitate community, it is up to us as players to make the community great. The moderators are silent. They don't lead community. The players do. So if you want a great community, be helpful, be constructive where possible. Those of that have been posting a while know what a difference a small number of regular posters who are helpful can have on the community.

The rogue forums are I think the best example of players taking a hold of their space and completely changing the atmosphere. The old forums were, I think, a much less constructive environment. I think so long as we keep that in mind, we will continue to enjoy a great space to hang out with friends and discuss our favorite topics. But, it is up to each of us to protect and grow that community.
Edited by Aeriwen on 10/1/2012 2:32 PM PDT
90 Worgen Death Knight
CHANGE THE TOPIC NAME.

SERIOUSLY.

I am the avatar of Gyroscope's wrath. You don't want me on top of you, there will be a lot of snapping, biting and screaming.
10/01/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Hëartcrushër
CHANGE THE TOPIC NAME.

I have to agree, the ToOT part is just... No.
Votes on a new title for this thread?

Tricks of Our Trade: We'll Miss you

EDIT: Also, turns out she did want to talk about a relationship...

With my roommate.
Edited by Redfang on 10/1/2012 3:04 PM PDT
10/01/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Redfang
Tricks of Our Trade

Just fix that part, I don't mind cutting to the cheese.
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/01/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Relikar

I assumed the ToOT was supposed to be a fart noise, hence cutting to the cheese...
10/01/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Woran

I assumed the ToOT was supposed to be a fart noise, hence cutting to the cheese...

yes!
10 Goblin Rogue
EDIT: Also, turns out she did want to talk about a relationship...

With my roommate.

Ouch.

10/01/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Aeriwen
it is up to each of us to protect and grow that community.

BURN IT TO THE GROUND
90 Worgen Death Knight
Don't care. The title is Tricks of Our Trade: <WITTY TITLE>.

It's in the god damned rules. Follow the rules or parish.
10/01/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Woran

I read it and assumed somebody had gotten lazy.
90 Pandaren Monk
ITS FIXED ITS FIXED ITS FIXED

i wont listen to redfang anymore D:

also, the monk forums are giving me cancer. So many morons.
ITS FIXED ITS FIXED ITS FIXED

i wont listen to redfang anymore D:

That seems to be a general rule for my friends.

Ever since someones hair got set on fire...
10/01/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Punda

Have you ever visited the warrior forums? I lose like 5 IQ points every time I poke my head in.
10 Goblin Rogue
I've said this before, but I'm giving more and more consideration to leaving the forums behind before my time expires.

With me not enjoying the game anymore, I've lost the passion of trying to help others enjoy the game... which ultimately leaves no reason to visit the forums more than once a day to come in and check on the ToOT threads.

-.-
90 Worgen Death Knight
Aha! Posting on my phone during lecture like a boss.

Sheevah I get so happy reading your posts and watching people call you out for using a level 10 alt. We must keep sheevahism alive!
10 Goblin Rogue
10/01/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Woran
Aha! Posting on my phone during lecture like a boss.

Haha!

Just don't get caught.

<.<''

10/01/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Woran
Sheevah I get so happy reading your posts and watching people call you out for using a level 10 alt.

It's easier to get mad at an avatar than to accept the reality that someone might not be as good as they seem to think they are.
90 Undead Rogue
Yo Rfeann you're owning EJ right now. Nice.
I could never get into reading EJ. Too much math during downtime. Calculatiing the DPS gains for using anticipation with fictional numbers yesterday was enough for me >.>

Edit: Btw Red, I'd rather not bump that thread back to life so I'll answer you here: As Sin you'd use anticipation to keep envenom up for as long as possible throughout vendetta. No clipping.

Yes I realize that's the point of Sin but it's not exactly possible to do with current gear levels, go read what me and Hail were talking about if you want the rest of the story >.>
Edited by Relikar on 10/1/2012 4:46 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]