Resto help.....

90 Dwarf Shaman
Has anything changed since cata? I tried running a shado pan monastery and was having a hard time with mana I was healing same way i did cata playing it smart using CDS etc. Any adviceo n how YOU heal right now?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Shadow Pan Monestary is by far the hardest of the Panda instances to heal in my experience. Some of the damage is WAY overtuned. Don't fret, run something else, see how it goes.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Ok thanks man i appreciate it
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Everything's changed since Cata, but Shado-Pan can get stupid sometimes, especially the trash and Taran Zhu. Even my doing the heroic Shado-Pan in my current gear gets frustrating at times.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
the first boss was a nightmare lol not to mention the group was taking tons of damage lll
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I love how resto shamans totems are so beneficial to healing...

still wish SLT was 10% increased healing taken instead of 10% damage reduction
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
IMO majority of the dungeons are only an issue if party members aren't watching where they are standing. Debuffs and AOEs are nasty if they aren't paying attention.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you started healing during late Cataclysm, you probably used Greater Healing Wave as your main spell. Your "filler" heal should be Healing Wave or Riptide, using the other 2 basic heals as the situation warrants it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Only problem I've run into so far has been last boss in shadow pan, because people don't kill orbs (think I've got the right dungeon) and I get keep getting yanked mid heal.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Shaman
There are a ton of tools in the toolbox. Between Healing stream, Healing Tide, Spirit Link, Talented Unleash Elements, Nature's Swiftness and Ascendance, resto has an ungodly amount of "Oh *&%&" buttons.

Most, if not all of the damage in these heroics is avoidable. So if you're having trouble keeping up, you might have to fight that undesireable/uphill battle of asking the dps to please not be dumb. They will tell you to !@#$ and heal more and you'll then head to a different thread in the forum to commiserate with other healers.

As far as tips go: I would stack spirit as much as possible until you get your casting dialed in.
Also, I've found that Capacitor Totem is really pretty useful. Drop it right on top of the big group your super macho tank just pulled and get 5 seconds of zero incoming damage while the dps continue paying no attention and pew pewing. No one will ever notice you doing this, nor will they care, but it actually helps a ton imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]