World Boss Griefing.

90 Orc Rogue
Is it still against policy to grief with world boss encounters (ex:Taunting the world boss and despawning it.) Wondering if a blue can get back to me on this. Had an alliance guild do this to us a couple times.

We understand that attempting to pvp flag us is fair game.

Yea, the discussion started because we stole a boss kill from Dunder Mifflin after they had tagged it by taunting it until it leashed and despawned. We also flagged and when some of them hit us they became flagged.

We don't want to come across as jerks and bullies, but many of our members really enjoy the thrill and competition that comes from fighting tooth and nail for these kills. It was fun to have a guild wide call to arms, with everybody converging, jumping in raid, summoning, etc.

Anyway, Orangemoon, our GM, thought it was fair to let people know what our policy was and see what other people on the server thought.

A quote from them stating they had taunt despawned Galleon, from this thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759326872

This kinda falls under the same stuff that happened with people were making 1 lvls to die and make Kazzak regen health. So hopefully something will happen.
Edited by Crushbreaker on 10/1/2012 3:51 PM PDT
80 Blood Elf Paladin
They are two different situations, so comparing to other actions with other world bosses is not relevant.

Taunting the boss away is not against the rules. Using an in-game ability is not against the rules. While it is generally polite for a group to wait until the first group succeeds or fails, it is not against the rules to interrupt.
90 Orc Rogue
Despawning a tapped mob is not griefing? Making it impossible to kill the World Boss... these are exactly the same situations. Kazzak was covered by anti-griefing rules because this was happening.
Edited by Crushbreaker on 10/1/2012 4:00 PM PDT
55 Pandaren Monk
If you believe other players are exploiting game mechanics in an unintended way, then target them, right-click their portrait, and report them for cheating. You will have a place to explain further.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
10/01/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Crushbreaker
Despawning a tapped mob is not griefing?

Not likely. You can always right-click report them for Cheating, if you feel they are.

Again, having it "tapped" does not mean that no one else can attack it. Taunting it away from you is not against the rules. It's certainly not polite, but it's never against the rules to use the abilities Blizzard gave you.

10/01/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Crushbreaker
these are exactly the same situations. Kazzak was covered by anti-griefing rules because this was happening.

No, they are not even close. People were summoning level 1's (and other levels) into places they couldn't otherwise access to exploit the bosses' mechanics. A player using their own abilities is not against the rules.
90 Orc Rogue
No, they are not even close. People were summoning level 1's (and other levels) into places they couldn't otherwise access to exploit the bosses' mechanics. A player using their own abilities is not against the rules.

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-general/2375146.htm
Clearly states that when Kazzak was engaged that interfering with the encounter in any way you may be given a warning. Not just level 1's, not just Kazzak's spells.
Edited by Crushbreaker on 10/1/2012 4:25 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Priest
Right-click and open a complaint, I don't think arguing here really accomplishes much.

At best, Vrakthris or someone may clarify something, but if you're looking for action, you'll need to right-click report.
90 Tauren Druid
if you look at the original post he's asking for a blue response to a stated question....
Edited by Jangish on 10/1/2012 4:28 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Priest
You're right, I'd read that and forgotten.

Unfortunately, she can't depend on a Blizzard post. The only way to get a guaranteed response is actually to open a ticket, though I wish her luck.

Edit: That said, it sounds like she's trying to determine whether this is something worth reporting. It is.
Edited by Amaelalin on 10/1/2012 4:32 PM PDT
90 Orc Rogue
Right-click and open a complaint, I don't think arguing here really accomplishes much.

At best, Vrakthris or someone may clarify something, but if you're looking for action, you'll need to right-click report.

I not so much looking for action right now, I just want to know if this would be a bannable offense if repeated, and since ticket queues are so long I was hoping customer support forums would be at least a little quicker.
Edited by Crushbreaker on 10/1/2012 4:33 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
10/01/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Jangish
if you look at the original post he's asking for a blue response to a stated question....

Which is never guaranteed, this is a player to player help forum with moderation and some posting by Blizzard. A "Blue" answer is never guaranteed here. This is not a one on one discussion forum with Blizzard.
10/01/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Crushbreaker
http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-general/2375146.htm

Seven year old policy is seven years old. Things have changed.

10/01/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Crushbreaker
since ticket queues are so long I was hoping customer support forums would be at least a little quicker.

A)Customer Support Forums are not a way to circumvent the ticket system.
B)report it and move on. It's taking more time posting things against the rules than to just report in the first place. If it isn't against the rules, you wont be penalized unless it's blatantly used to spam the system. If it is, all the better. Remember, it almost never hurts to report something. And if it's allowed, you will find that out in the response.
90 Orc Rogue
Seven year old policy is seven years old. Things have changed.

This problem is there hasn't been a new world boss in seven years, so this policy never needed an update. So that's why I'm asking.

A)Customer Support Forums are not a way to circumvent the ticket system.
B)report it and move on. It's taking more time posting things against the rules than to just report in the first place. If it isn't against the rules, you wont be penalized unless it's blatantly used to spam the system. If it is, all the better. Remember, it almost never hurts to report something. And if it's allowed, you will find that out in the response.

We do have a ticket open, but on the off chance a blue does respond we wanted a post open as well.
90 Tauren Druid
Which is never guaranteed, this is a player to player help forum with moderation and some posting by Blizzard. A "Blue" answer is never guaranteed here. This is not a one on one discussion forum with Blizzard.

oh thats so fortunate that i can rely on the player base of WoW to answer specific questions, that require someone with the knowledge of Blizzard policy, since they are the nicest, easiest group of people to speak to... oh thank you oh wise master Scuba for enlightening me on this issue...

The Ticket System does not work solely in this case as we are not reporting anyone, as this issue is not about getting someone banned, but inquiring as to what equates a ban-able offense due to particular use of despawning mechanincs for World PvE Boss's.

So please, if you don't have any information regarding regarding to SPECIFIC Blue posts regarding to Policy of World PvE encounters, instead of just the usual "Hurr Durr you're wrong" without just providing a little bit of evidence or anything... DO NOT RESPOND...
Edited by Jangish on 10/1/2012 5:06 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
10/01/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Jangish
So please, if you don't have any information regarding regarding to SPECIFIC Blue posts regarding to Policy of World PvE encounters, instead of just the usual "Hurr Durr you're wrong" without just providing a little bit of evidence or anything... DO NOT RESPOND...

I will respond if I want to, this is a player to player help forum. You are not guaranteed a Blue response, and probably wont get one. There are hundreds of Blue posts stating this if you which to search for them.

I have given the correct information, just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. As has been stated there is not Blizzard post about this here.

However Blizzard policy does state that pulling agro from someone is not against the rules. I don't see how what the guild did is against any policy.
90 Orc Rogue
I will respond if I want to, this is a player to player help forum. You are not guaranteed a Blue response, and probably wont get one. There are hundreds of Blue posts stating this if you which to search for them.

I have given the correct information, just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. As has been stated there is not Blizzard post about this here.

However Blizzard policy does state that pulling agro from someone is not against the rules. I don't see how what the guild did is against any policy.

We are not concerned with them pulling aggro from our already tagged boss, we are more upset that they pulled aggro then pulled the boss so far from his original spot that he despawned so they could get the tap. Again from the policy from Doom Lord Kazzak interfering with the raid encounter itself was against policy.

Also while we are not guaranteed a blue response this is an area of concern for a lot of raiders and is happening across multiple realms. I would also love to see these blue posts stating that despawning a engaged world boss is fine.

Also we could not out taunt the alliance guild as we were out numbered 2:1.
Edited by Crushbreaker on 10/1/2012 6:01 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
10/01/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Crushbreaker
I would also love to see these blue posts stating that despawning a engaged world boss is fine.

I didn't say there were Blue posts stating that at all, I was talking about your guild mate who felt the need to tell me that I'm wrong and shouldn't post correct information.

Once they pulled agro from you they can do whatever they like with the mob, it is on them now no you anymore. People have already explained that the post you are quoting about Doom Lord Kazzak is not the same and is very very out dated.
90 Human Hunter
10/01/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Crushbreaker
This problem is there hasn't been a new world boss in seven years, so this policy never needed an update. So that's why I'm asking.

Cataclysm had 5 world bosses, just so you know. They weren't tuned for a full raid, but they were World Bosses nonetheless.
Edited by Sakana on 10/1/2012 6:12 PM PDT
90 Orc Rogue
I didn't say there were Blue posts stating that at all, I was talking about your guild mate who felt the need to tell me that I'm wrong and shouldn't post correct information.

Once they pulled agro from you they can do whatever they like with the mob, it is on them now no you anymore. People have already explained that the post you are quoting about Doom Lord Kazzak is not the same and is very very out dated.

Just because information is dated doesn't mean irrelevant, there hasn't been a new world boss since Doomwalker/Kazzak this information is pretty much the only information on this topic and until you guys come back with posts out the new and improved world boss griefing policy from Blues, I will continue to use it.
90 Orc Rogue
Cataclysm had 5 world bosses, just so you know. They weren't tuned for a full raid, but they were World Bosses nonetheless.
5 Man-able mini bosses and 25 man raid encounters aren't the same thing. One drops tier loot, while the other drops 346 blue boe pieces.
Edited by Crushbreaker on 10/1/2012 6:24 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]