have you ever created a new toon from scartch

85 Worgen Priest
It's not too bad. It makes things more interesting as you start with (almost) nothing. That said changes to gold earnings and how cheap everything is from vendors and whatnot really damaged the sense of "I did something". I remember when I got my first gold... that was a good day.
Reply Quote
Twice. Both on two different friends' realms. One of them got to 85 via the scroll of rez boost and the other is collecting dust at level 38.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
it went quite well for me. I leveled a Priest from start to finish before I transfered some of my (80's at the time) over to the server. Joining the new server specifically for a guild that intrested me and was/is quite active has kept me enjoying the game alot, even when MMO fatique sets in sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/02/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Eralius
It's not too bad. It makes things more interesting as you start with (almost) nothing. That said changes to gold earnings and how cheap everything is from vendors and whatnot really damaged the sense of "I did something". I remember when I got my first gold... that was a good day.

I may have started in Cata but I do remember that very clearly. I thought I was incredibly rich. I told my friend "Dude look! I finally got a whole gold!"

He responded with "Dude, I have 5k."

I was humbled indeed.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
When Cho'gall put out it's desperate cry for Alliance players I rolled a Draenei Pally in WotLK up to max level, did the tournament, raided, and it was awesome. Despite the fact that we were vastly outnumbered by the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I made a new Worgen Warrior when Cata came out. Leveled him to 85, getting the Loremaster of Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Cataclysm achievements along the way.

I've gone back to my ol' human warrior for MoP though. It's hard to let go of all the old memories and items I've accumulated on this guy. I think I'm stuck with him no matter what lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Wasn't too bad. Just got skinning and ran dungeons xD
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
10/01/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Yep! I’ve done it on both realms where RL friends played and realms where I was completely and utterly new to the population. I actually really enjoyed the experience (and challenge!) of starting over from scratch and making entirely new friends along the way. Especially with the advent of the Real ID and Battle Tag integration, it’s also become increasingly easier for me to keep in touch with and group with friends from other realms. :)

Earn that meal ticket!
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Savagenoble
on a new sever and if so how did it go.

Thats what DKs are for.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/01/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Savagenoble
on a new sever and if so how did it go.

I've done it twice and succeeded each time. Now I got all three of my realm mains on the same realm and I'm lovin it!
Reply Quote
14 Troll Priest
Besides a few Dk's I've tried out, I recently re-rolled on a new server just because I wanted to try a worgen.

I'm level 44 or 45 (I've not touched her since shortly before MOP) and with the help of skinning/herbalism I have a nice stash of gold. Unlike when I had to work my rear off for riding/mount money my first go around.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It was fun to start with nothing and work my way up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/02/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Tomoshibi
It was fun to start with nothing and work my way up.

What he said. Since that Key is my main, and I'd say he has accomplished more than my first serious character (and former main), a warlock >o<
I rarely return to my old server nowadays, when I look in the bank savings of my old toons I get sentimental, as well as over how the server went down. A bit sad indeed.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warrior
yep, like it so much I now have 50 characters and 4 accounts >.<
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yes & it has gone alright.

I still play KC much more though.

O.o How did I missed that mask in the game?
Edited by Cresintin on 10/2/2012 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
As a matter of fact, yes I have. Due to RL and what not, I had to quit committing to raiding since April. Since all of my Alliance characters that I enjoy were already 85, there wasn't much left to entertain me.

So, I discovered via the forums here that there were a few Horde re-roll guilds that had been started and I joined one on a different server. I created a couple characters and got them to 85, having no heirlooms or gold when I started. It was a bare bones start and I actually had a lot of fun with it.

The only real "challenge" was making gold, which was fun, and before long, I was doing quite well for myself (it's not that hard to do it really, just have to get it jump-started) ... then Mists release came and back to the Alliance I went!
Edited by Metalskies on 10/2/2012 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yup, it was this girl too. No money, no heirlooms. This is now my main server.

I mostly quested to 85, and made 10k by the time I got to max level.
Reply Quote
51 Pandaren Monk
Ego
I've done so a few times.
Usually, I'll find myself taking an extended break from WoW, and then when I come back I just don't feel like picking up where I left off.

So I pick a brand new server that I've never been on before, make a brand new toon and go from there. No money, no heirlooms, no help, etc.

It helps me to remember why I love this game so much, and helps me re-learn how to play it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]