Multiple leftover Agent.exe processes

20 Troll Shaman
After playing WoW, my system has 8-10 agent.exe processes running. Some of them have ports opened, reducing my system's security.

How to fix it?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Sejni

The agent process looks like it should go away a little bit after the the launcher goes away.

Lets delete agent so that it can download new agent files.

Try this:

1. Make sure that Windows is set to show hidden files.

Here's how to do that: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

2. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData folder and delete the Battle.net folder.
3. Launch Diablo III/WoW.

Let me know what happens.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I would just open a system monitor of some sort and kill that process. Let us know what operating system you're running if you need help with that.

However, I'm not sure exactly what those are all doing. ;)
Edited by Kcvfhtog on 10/1/2012 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Troll Shaman
Great, now BLZPTS00008 "Failed to extract the required file" appears if I start the Launcher. The game itself runs fine.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Sejni

What security programs do you have installed?
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
20 Troll Shaman
Installation of en-US package instead of pt-BR seems to have this problem solved.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I made a simple batch file to close all instances of agent.exe. I leave it on my desktop and just double click it at will and all those pesky agent.exe just get killed instantly. Heres how to do it.

make a new text file on your desktop. Open it by double click. Go to file >save as (top left). Name it agent.bat. The .bat will change the icon associated with text files to the one with sprocket (win7) this is the icon associated with batch files(bat file). Go to your new agent.bat and right click it choose edit. Inside put only the following line. Copy and paste it from here.

taskkill /f /im agent.exe

Save this. Now open wow and see that there is an agent.exe. double click your new agent.bat file and it should kill it immediately. If not hit it again.

If this works I win the internet. If not then do what you normally do which is BLAME THE HEALER...wait..IM THE HEALER /cry

...Themheals heals.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I just want to added, i had some problem with Agent not properly loading up and causing the update to freeze up. Keep suggesting me to restart computer and try again. Without avail tried few of the other trouble shoot.... nothing worked. Then i tried this and it work GREAT !

MUCH THANKS !!!
Reply Quote
9 Blood Elf Warrior
Worked. Thx!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]