Do Enhance shamans suck? DK point of view~

90 Draenei Death Knight
So. Enhance shammies. They wrecked in Cata. They wrecked me in Cata. They wrecked deeps.

In this expansion, every Enhance I come across barely sustains 30k, and sometimes reaches 40-50.

I have crappy gear, I sustain 40k, and can get up to 60 - 70. Is this normal, or bad Enhance?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
It's not just my class, either. Equally geared hunters, mages and Spriest pull similar numbers to me. Have yet to see any deeps warriors or rogues.
Edited by Hecarim on 10/1/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
its likely gear, Shaman have to do one thing no other class has to, fight with the expertise and spell hit cap.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Skill issue.

its likely gear, Shaman have to do one thing no other class has to, fight with the expertise and spell hit cap.

Every dps has the same 15% cap in MoP.
Edited by Purge on 10/1/2012 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Also keep in mind that the expansion has barely been out for a week. They probably aren't geared/reforged/gemmed propperly or at all yet. The ones you've been with might have been on the lower end of the spectrum.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Two things an Enhancement Shaman needs in my opinion.

1. A good, solid weapon. (Something that can be a pain to get)
2. Smiles from the RNG gods. (Potentially more painful to get than the first.)

On a side note if other Shaman are like myself, they are stingy with cooldowns on trash. I rarely pop anything if not fighting a boss(I like having them up for bosses and am still getting used to times between fights.). Something to consider when looking at numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Enhance's dps is fine, though it does take somewhat more focus/effort than other classes. In MoP we are much more dependent on proper CD timing to maximize DPS than we have been in the past. The ones you have encountered are under geared or bad or both.

Once your get into the heroic dungeon gear range hitting hit/exp soft caps is very easy with the MoP changes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Enhancement requires better play than a lot of classes/specs out there. That doesn't mean it's terrible.
Edited by Labcoat on 10/2/2012 5:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Until they fix our aoe, enhance will always be horrible. I retired mine long ago. :-(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Rotation/priority sucks atm, shocks are 6 secs now instead of 5 so they arent there to fill gaps as fast. play right now is like...

...Mash 5 buttons, hurry....wait....wait....wait....omg mash 5 buttons at once hurry,...wait...wait...wait...omg mash 5 buttons at once hurry...wait....wait....wait...

well, u get the picture, and if u mash the buttons in the wrong order u can halve your dps and the cds are ridiculous, 23 or 29 sec dot, 15 sec cd spell, 10 sec cd spell, 8 sec cd spell and two 6 sec cds we have to alternate about 1 to 3. Priority and cds dont match either. Plus 1 min totems, 2 min wolves and 3 min bursts all worked in. IMO, its pretty screwed up and we arent getting ANY answers from the devs. we just arent on their priority horizon.

and to the poster above, I can live without aoe dps, they dont bring me for that, they bring me for singletarget low-agro dps. and the occasional supliment heal
Edited by Badbeef on 10/2/2012 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Rotation/priority sucks atm, shocks are 6 secs now instead of 5 so they arent there to fill gaps as fast. play right now is like...

...Mash 5 buttons, hurry....wait....wait....wait....omg mash 5 buttons at once hurry,...wait...wait...wait...omg mash 5 buttons at once hurry...wait....wait....wait...

well, u get the picture, and if u mash the buttons in the wrong order u can halve your dps and the cds are ridiculous, 23 or 29 sec dot, 15 sec cd spell, 10 sec cd spell, 8 sec cd spell and two 6 sec cds we have to alternate about 1 to 3. Priority and cds dont match either. Plus 1 min totems, 2 min wolves and 3 min bursts all worked in. IMO, its pretty screwed up and we arent getting ANY answers from the devs. we just arent on their priority horizon.

and to the poster above, I can live without aoe dps, they dont bring me for that, they bring me for singletarget low-agro dps. and the occasional supliment heal

All of what he said. I...enjoy playing my Shaman but the rotation makes you feel like you're waiting a lot for something to do. Sometimes, when the RNG gods smile on you, it seems to line up perfectly. Other times...yeah, what he said.

I have another question: are our defenses worse than other melee? I pretty much quit running instances/raids on all of my toons, due to burn out, and thought I would get back into them with MOP but would really prefer not dying in every instance I run. I have more experience with ranged classes, so I'm perfectly ok accepting that I'm the problem, but would like to know if there's something inherent in Enhance Shamans that make surviving in groups tricky.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Ive gotten up to 130k dps on boss fights by popping lust, stormlash, ascendance, wolves, and fire elemental all at once.... Just braggin....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I may still be leveling, but the dps I'm pulling in the dungeons that I've ran with the mixed people and mixed gear / levels... I have managed to stay pretty close to top dps, if not top myself.
But still leveling, so we'll see what happens in Heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Recently read that with the EoE/UE builds, people are going Haste > Mastery? Hit (After hit/exp caps)...

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Like Vogal, I'm still in the process of leveling and unfortunately have on had time for one run since launch. That one run still in mostly Cata 378 or higher (as in 397 chest and RFD No'Kaled) I stayed in the top two for boss fights and most trash fights. The priority is different and missing a higher priority ability coming off CD does hurt.

I need to run again with ascendence and see how that helps or hurts in boss fights. So for I like what I'm seeing just messing around with it.

I am waiting to for 90 and better gear before I come to any semi-final conclusions since they like to nerf when we least expect it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I've not been able to pull the same dps as certain classes in heroics (Lock/DK) but I'm waiting till I'm actually 463 geared and enchanted/gemmed to decide what I want to do.

I kinda shed a tear now when I look at the dps meters because I was almost always on top in Cata. I'll get that magic back if not guess I'll break out one of my alts.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
My top DPS in a raid with EoE/UF build was Lightning Shield. I'm usually in the top 3. With ilvl of 460.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/03/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Cameeron
I kinda shed a tear now when I look at the dps meters because I was almost always on top in Cata

The people you played with stunk, then.

That said, Enhancement is fine in raids for now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]