Do Enhance shamans suck? DK point of view~

90 Orc Shaman
10/01/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Hecarim
In this expansion, every Enhance I come across barely sustains 30k, and sometimes reaches 40-50.

Talking heroic dungeons?
Cause I can hold over 100k on a heroic dungeon boss with the Primal Elementalist/Elemental Mastery combo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/01/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Purge
Every dps has the same 15% cap in MoP.
Negative. Enhancement shammies need the 15% spell hit cap, AS WELL AS the 7.5% expertise cap (as far as I'm aware).

Thankfully, once we do that, we really only need 1 of the other secondary stats. (Mastery if you went Echo of the Elements and Unleashed Fury, or Haste if you went Elemental Mastery and Primal Elementalist)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/07/2012 01:13 AMPosted by Mirumahyr
Negative. Enhancement shammies need the 15% spell hit cap, AS WELL AS the 7.5% expertise cap (as far as I'm aware).

You say that like other melee don't need to be hit and expertise capped as well.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Uh, getting 7.5 hit and 7.5 expertise gives you 15% spell hit.

Also, Ret paladins and rogues need the 15% spell hit cap.
Edited by Chillbros on 10/7/2012 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Negative. Enhancement shammies need the 15% spell hit cap, AS WELL AS the 7.5% expertise cap

10/07/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Chillbros
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
10/07/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Furystrikez
You say that like other melee don't need to be hit and expertise capped as well.

Brewmasters do too.

10/07/2012 01:41 AMPosted by Platform
Negative. Enhancement shammies need the 15% spell hit cap, AS WELL AS the 7.5% expertise cap

You really had to quote that to make a point, didn't you?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/07/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Chillbros
o

I did not know that expertise contributed to our spell hit.

I will make the necessary adjustments. Thank you for letting me know.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/07/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Kegfist
You really had to quote that to make a point, didn't you?

Was easier than typing out what I was going to say instead.
Reply Quote
my dps i fine im always top dps in heroics
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Rotation/priority sucks atm, shocks are 6 secs now instead of 5 so they arent there to fill gaps as fast. play right now is like...

...Mash 5 buttons, hurry....wait....wait....wait....omg mash 5 buttons at once hurry,...wait...wait...wait...omg mash 5 buttons at once hurry...wait....wait....wait...

well, u get the picture, and if u mash the buttons in the wrong order u can halve your dps and the cds are ridiculous, 23 or 29 sec dot, 15 sec cd spell, 10 sec cd spell, 8 sec cd spell and two 6 sec cds we have to alternate about 1 to 3. Priority and cds dont match either. Plus 1 min totems, 2 min wolves and 3 min bursts all worked in. IMO, its pretty screwed up and we arent getting ANY answers from the devs. we just arent on their priority horizon.

and to the poster above, I can live without aoe dps, they dont bring me for that, they bring me for singletarget low-agro dps. and the occasional supliment heal

All this, plus I feel as though they lowered the rate we acquire maelstrom stacks. Freecasting is a rather large part of our DPS that people don't see. All those lightning bolts and chain lightnings you rarely see pop out are freecast under Maelstrom. Maelstrom procs were retarded high in Cata, and with the 4peice from the t13 you were almost constantly in a maelstrom state with the puppies out. Now you wait and hope RNG smiles upon you. I've gone an entire boss fight in Heroic Shado-Pan without a 5 stack on Maelstrom Weapon.
Reply Quote
4 Tauren Warrior
Rotation/priority sucks atm, shocks are 6 secs now instead of 5 so they arent there to fill gaps as fast. play right now is like...

...Mash 5 buttons, hurry....wait....wait....wait....omg mash 5 buttons at once hurry,...wait...wait...wait...omg mash 5 buttons at once hurry...wait....wait....wait...

well, u get the picture, and if u mash the buttons in the wrong order u can halve your dps and the cds are ridiculous, 23 or 29 sec dot, 15 sec cd spell, 10 sec cd spell, 8 sec cd spell and two 6 sec cds we have to alternate about 1 to 3. Priority and cds dont match either. Plus 1 min totems, 2 min wolves and 3 min bursts all worked in. IMO, its pretty screwed up and we arent getting ANY answers from the devs. we just arent on their priority horizon.

and to the poster above, I can live without aoe dps, they dont bring me for that, they bring me for singletarget low-agro dps. and the occasional supliment heal

Enhance has alot of potential in MoP, however, at the moment we have 100% more cooldowns that do not really mesh well together. In cata there was synergy and a smooth feel to the rotation but now it just feels clunky and awkward. ESPECIALLY in PVP. actually getting 5 stacks of SF is nearly impossible ......
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Enhancement isn't as good as they used to be, although they are still half decent speaking without having the expertise and hit caps, which are very important for and enhancement shaman. I do admit that compared to other class' Enhancement takes A LOT of focus, but if the right rotation is executed successfully an enhancement shamans DPS isn't far behind other class'.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Andivar
Until they fix our aoe, enhance will always be horrible. I retired mine long ago. :-(
2nd that
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Enhancement is amazing overall in 3's with the right team comp. They have the upper hand versus any team with casters especially Mages. If you have a Mage on your team, you pretty much have to make the Shaman LoS his healer and deep him so he can't Shamanistic Rage then attempt to global him.

It also isn't necessarily their DPS that makes them overall amazing. They have great utility with instant Hex and Shears.

I'm probably exaggerating "amazing" since I play with a Mage. It's very difficult to beat any comp with a good Enhancement Shaman for my team (MLS).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]