Priest is potentially the worst class atm

This is ridiculous. This shouldn't have gotten out of beta; the state of Priest is so bad that I don't even know what to say.

Shadow, in particular, is a gigantic pile of crap. It's horrible. Our DPS is one of the (possibly the?) lowest of all classes and specs. Our AoE is virtually non-existent, because it's so low.

In PvP, melee classes basically gib us. There's no time for our (already low) sustained damage with how high burst is right now, even with the full blue PvP set. Resilience might make this better, but it won't be enough until the next season, at least, unless changes are made.

I'm not even going to get into Disc; it's worse than bad, especially in PvP.
Edited by Yenkitty on 9/28/2012 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm doing pretty well single target, but I agree that AOE is non-existent. I'm working my butt off and not even coming close to other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/28/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Yenkitty
In PvP, melee classes basically gib us. There's no time for our (already low) sustained damage with how high burst is right now, even with the full blue PvP set. Resilience might make this better, but it won't be enough until the next season, at least, unless changes are made.

I have to disagree. The ONLY class I have problems with are warriors and even then it's more or less 50/50 depending on how many procs I get. With phantasm talent, fade vs. casters gets you at least one flash heal (usually two for me) which can heal you for a nice chunk of hp especially if they crit.

Void shift + shadowfiend/mindbender/psyfiend = free LoH btw.
09/28/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Yenkitty
Our AoE is virtually non-existent, because it's so low.

I agree on this. Mind sear damage is abysmal. ;_;
Edited by Selfridge on 9/28/2012 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Needing to use a 6 minute cooldown in order to not die immediately isn't saying anything good about Shadow.

Soloing, sure, you can beat casters; your damage and utility is, however, not compared to theirs.

Even our off healing cannot heal through a single DPS's damage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
SWC
A well-placed Halo can do gigantic amounts of AoE damage. A badly placed one can aggro the rest of the dungeon. While it is not reliable as an AoE spell, it still deals nice damage. I can burst 50k AoE DPS depending on number of targets, solely from Halo's burst.

I do agree that Mind Sear is terrible. And about Single Target, I'm more than fine. Top DPS in most dungeons.

It gets a little better after you start replacing your questing gear. But since Priest is the only Class I've played personally @ 90 I can't really compare it to others.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I haven't been outdps'd in a dungeon yet on my priest...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
ive been (world pvp) pwning everyone since xpac, but i havnt done any bgs or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Are you hit capped lol
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Doomed
Are you hit capped lol

Not sure if that's a serious question. Most melee classes are pulling 40k+ single target DPS. No Priest is doing that much.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
lol wth?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/28/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Yenkitty
Most melee classes are pulling 40k+ single target DPS. No Priest is doing that much.

Yes, yes they are.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Single target is fine. Do the rotation properly and know when to stop casting mind flay for more important cds and we keep up well enough with other classes.

As others have mentioned though aoe is in a bad spot right now. I'm doing heroics in shadow till I get more spirit to heal and I'm finding I'm better off SWP everything and use the procs that comes from having so many swps up for aoe instead of using mind sear cause the damage from mind sear is so god awful.

I got owned by an ele shammy doing 80k aoe and I could barely maintain 30k with Mind Sear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think perhaps this thread should be about asking for advice to improve your play, rather than outright dismissing priests as being subpar. :)
Reply Quote
No early 90 Shadow Priests*

Melee classes are pulling 40k+ with freshly hit 90s. Shadow Priests are hovering around 30-35k.

I've seen geared Warriors and Ferals, in particular, end up with 50k DPS.
Edited by Yenkitty on 9/28/2012 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
lol Early? A couple days into an expansion?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I sincerely hope you never plan to have children. Alright, maybe thats a bit extreme, so I sincerely hope you never let your offspring play mmo's so they dont get in my group. Also, just stop playing if you can't faceroll with a spriest. I really hope this a troll. Has to be right?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Disc in pvp is every worse, you're literally oom after 30 seconds. I thought that everyone is beta was going overboard about how bad it was, but now I can see it's so terrible I have to level another toon now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
That statement is incorrect. Single target damage is very good and we sit well in most cases. Mind sear is garbage and has been for a long time. When it was first introduced in wrath it was beautiful but then got nerfed towards the end. Cata came out and it was sub par again but not where is was before. Now with Mop its garbage. If you are not pulling decient damage single target then you are doing something very wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Isn't shadow in the best state (all around) than the other specs? Also:

09/28/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Yenkitty
Even our off healing cannot heal through a single DPS's damage.

Shadow is not a healing spec.

Honestly I think that holy needs to complain more, but I also believe (no offense to you guys) that die hard holy priest (like my self) are emotional masochists. So that will never happen.

I think that lowering the cooldown on Rapture or even getting rid of it would help disc PvE a lot. As for PvP I realize that they are in a bad spot compared to others, but I don't think it is as bad as it is made out to be.

Shadow isn't really really in a bad spot for PvE, except for AoE. I usually see them topping the charts in dungeons. For PvP I can't think that it is any worse than the other specs. Sure you healing isn't amazing, but at least you can kill or at least have a chance to kill your assailants. If not escape. I also think you are undervaluing your tool set.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Just world PVP while leveling, but at least then I wasn't really having an issue with melee and even pulled off some 1v2s despite having almost no PVP experience as Shadow.

I do wish they'd fix Mind Sear. If they want us to use SW:P on a few targets and then sear, that's fine, but the number is kind of high and really annoying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]