How to tell if a pet is rare?

11 Goblin Priest
I'm not certain which of my pets are of what rarity. Is there something I'm missing that tells me in my pet journal? Shouldn't they have a color border or something to tell me or when I highlight their portrait it should say this is a rare and has superior stats?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Although they are not shown for legacy pets in-game, it appears you can see the rarity of them in your character profile on this website.

see: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Sachsgoldman/pet
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Mage
When capturing pets in the wild, battle them with same-leveled pets. You can compare the two pets and if it's comparable to or better than your own pet, go for the catch. Of course, this only works if you've previously caught and leveled rare pets.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Although they are not shown for legacy pets in-game, it appears you can see the rarity of them in your character profile on this website.

Nope. The online Armory shows the pets as the rarity of the item that teaches them, not on the stats quality. That's why the Hyacinth Macaw is Epic Purple.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
You can see the rarity in the Pet Journal list via the colored border around the pet's icon. The border is thin, though, so it can be hard to tell the difference between poor and common. Uncommon and rare do stand out, though.

Only pets obtained via Pet Battle capture will have a quality rating as a battle pet. If you get the pet by using an item to learn it, it will not get a quality rating.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
when you go into battle look around the picture of the pet you are battling it should be blue=rare; green=uncommon; silver=common; and grey=poor and like Pir was saying it is not certain that you get a rare from a vendor although i have gotten rares from vendors
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This thread is 6 months old. The feature you are so helpfully telling people about didn't exist when it was created.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Pallyhuman
when you go into battle look around the picture of the pet you are battling it should be blue=rare; green=uncommon; silver=common; and grey=poor and like Pir was saying it is not certain that you get a rare from a vendor although i have gotten rares from vendors
What about Gold icon and a quest icon in upper right corner, just caught a rabbit like that
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Holy necro bat man! This thread is the oldest revival I have ever seen. You win....and lose. Did you even read the post that said this thread was 6 months old two years ago?
Edited by Blastinya on 2/14/2015 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
As an aside I'm very curious to see what the necro'er was talking about. I've never seen that before.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warlock
02/16/2015 10:06 PMPosted by Cozzene
As an aside I'm very curious to see what the necro'er was talking about. I've never seen that before.

IIRC when Pet Battles was first launched, you couldn't see the rarity of pets until you captured them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/16/2015 10:06 PMPosted by Cozzene

It sounds like the way PetTracker identifies upgrades. It'll put a gold ! in the corner if it's an upgrade from what you have currently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]