Those with cooking trouble, Master of the Way

100 Troll Hunter
I'm seeing some scattered questions about cooking. Sometimes they go ignored or unanswered. I see a lot of people give up on cooking for a while from frustration.

I am a Master of the Way who has the To Be A Master (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31521) quest completed for the Great Pandaren Banquet (275 stat food for a raid). If you have any questions about cooking, are stuck or so forth, feel free to ask me anything here and I'll help you out.

Otherwise, carry on.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Well, I have a question.

I've gotten all six 'way' quests that require you to learn and then cook a certain recipe. However, I can't actually learn any of those recipes (530 Cooking) because none of the Way trainers offer me any recipes.

Shouting in the zone revealed that others have the same problem. Is there some step I've missed?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
why can't I cut the peaches in the introductory quest :( ?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Well, I have a question.

I've gotten all six 'way' quests that require you to learn and then cook a certain recipe. However, I can't actually learn any of those recipes (530 Cooking) because none of the Way trainers offer me any recipes.

Shouting in the zone revealed that others have the same problem. Is there some step I've missed?

When you start a Way quest, you have to bring the materials of that recipe to complete the quest. For example, when you start "Way of the Pot" you're asked to bring back 5 Jade Lungfish. Upon delivering the fish, you will learn the 'Way of the Pot', get the fish returned to you, and be able to learn the cooking skill 'Swirling Mist Soup.'

Is this what you did?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
09/29/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Naegling
why can't I cut the peaches in the introductory quest :( ?

When you get the quest Lesson 1 from Nomi, she asks you to slice peaches. You buy the peaches from her (Pandaren Peach x5), then learn Sliced Peaches - also from her. Then you cook them and hand them in.

Is this what you did?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Either I have a bugged trainer, or somehow missed the recipe. Unless you know how to check professions remotely it will have to wait.

Is it possible to learn slice peaches from other cooking trainers? I basically upgraded cooking and spam learnt the 20 or so odd recipes that I never bothered to learn. I can confirm your suggestion in...12+ hours ^_^. Thank you shiny troll.

I love peaches :D
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Try looking for the recipe manually. My alchemy did this and wouldn't show me the new potions filtering by skill up. Or, if you do use a filter, try just typing "sliced" into the profession search bar.
You can see recipes learned on your armory. I see you having learned Sliced Peaches. Image here:
http://i.imgur.com/yKqts.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/29/2012 03:37 AMPosted by Jademcian
When you start a Way quest, you have to bring the materials of that recipe to complete the quest. For example, when you start "Way of the Pot" you're asked to bring back 5 Jade Lungfish. Upon delivering the fish, you will learn the 'Way of the Pot', get the fish returned to you, and be able to learn the cooking skill 'Swirling Mist Soup.'

I did all 6 of the "bring me cooking stuff" quests (where I needed ginseng, lungfish, etc.). I learned the various 'Way of the X' as a reward from them. I'm stuck on the 6 quests where you have to learn a recipe from the trainer and then cook. The trainer simply doesn't show any recipes for me to learn.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yay, I love peaches ^_________________^

Naegling, Master of the Way of the Peach.

Thank you. For now that's all from me, I'm going for only gradual progression this expansion, with many interesting distractions along the way.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
09/29/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Blucket
I learned the various 'Way of the X' as a reward from them. I'm stuck on the 6 quests where you have to learn a recipe from the trainer and then cook. The trainer simply doesn't show any recipes for me to learn.

Sounds like you have the trainer filters set not to show Available recipes. If not that, it's a bug.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
09/29/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Blucket
I did all 6 of the "bring me cooking stuff" quests (where I needed ginseng, lungfish, etc.). I learned the various 'Way of the X' as a reward from them. I'm stuck on the 6 quests where you have to learn a recipe from the trainer and then cook. The trainer simply doesn't show any recipes for me to learn.

I pulled up your quest list from the server. You have finished the Way's quests, so you should be able to learn the recipes from them. If you're online could you take a screenshot talking to the Pot trainer as well as with your cooking professions tab opened to the Way of the Pot subsection with no filters? Upload it to imgur.com and post a link for me.

edit;
Like I mentioned earlier about my alchemy, there are a few display errors going around. The image would still be helpful, but in the case there's nothing fishy about it, please also try this:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/common-display-ui-issues-after-a-patching
Edited by Jademcian on 9/29/2012 5:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Edited the above post with a link regarding information about untrainable recipes / profession display errors, but I just wanted to note real quick:
I didn't fix my alchemy problem by following that or resetting or disabling my addons. My alchemy was fixed with a few relogs and searching for the recipe manually. I noticed my dungeon journal was also bugging out randomly, so this may solve other various issues for people.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
I did all the "Way" quests, got the recipes, and just hit 575 cooking. I have all these grayed out question marks in the cooking area but I don't know what I can do to get any of them. Do I need a certain rep with the Tillers? I even found one of those rare lotus flowers when farming up my crops and I can't give it to anyone.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Greyed out question marks are quests you currently have, but have not completed.

Chances are you started your Tillers quests and just need to go complete them. I assume you're talking about a Marsh Lily when you mention a rare lotus flower, which you hand in to various Tillers members to gain reputation (separately) with them. They're not overly important. You will want to go finish the main Tillers line, though, which you would've started at your farm. Some things you can only do at 90.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Are you looking at what each of the 6 or 7 individual 'Way of the XXXX' trainers (the ones you hand in the quests to) will teach or have you gone back to the general cooking trainer (who doesn't teach the 'way' recipes)?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When I make something with Way of the Grill recipe, I gain a skill point for both cooking and Way of the Grill. However, if I make something with a different "Way of the Pot/Steamer/Oven" recipe I only get a skill point in those respective categories. Why do I not get one in cooking as well?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/30/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Karedwyn
When I make something with Way of the Grill recipe, I gain a skill point for both cooking and Way of the Grill. However, if I make something with a different "Way of the Pot/Steamer/Oven" recipe I only get a skill point in those respective categories. Why do I not get one in cooking as well?

Your cooking skill only reflects your highest Way. Get any of the Way to 600, in order to max out your achievement.

If you're looking to do grocery bags, go north to the lake and look for the striders that don't sing (by the mountain). They always seem to drop wild foul breasts, and 20 is what you need for the grocery bags. If you're fishing a lot, then 60 carp (junk fish) will get you an Ironpaw token.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm seeing some scattered questions about cooking. Sometimes they go ignored or unanswered. I see a lot of people give up on cooking for a while from frustration.

I am a Master of the Way who has the To Be A Master (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31521) quest completed for the Great Pandaren Banquet (275 stat food for a raid). If you have any questions about cooking, are stuck or so forth, feel free to ask me anything here and I'll help you out.

Otherwise, carry on.

My cooking is currently at 236. I am trying to level it up at halfhill b/c I heard that was the place to do it. I received the quest from Sungshin Ironpaw called "So You Want To Be A Chef..." I bought five pandarin peaches from her as well to slice, however I am not sure how to slice them and she doesn't have the recipe for me to learn how to slice them. I'm so confused as to what to do. Please help!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/09/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Lepida
My cooking is currently at 236. I am trying to level it up at halfhill b/c I heard that was the place to do it. I received the quest from Sungshin Ironpaw called "So You Want To Be A Chef..." I bought five pandarin peaches from her as well to slice, however I am not sure how to slice them and she doesn't have the recipe for me to learn how to slice them. I'm so confused as to what to do. Please help!

Try turning your AddOns off from the log-in screen, then asking what recipes she teaches. There's been some reports of AddOns not playing nice with buying recipes for various professions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]