Which character archtype do you play?

I don't mean, like healer, or tank or whatever. I mean if you were to take your character and boil down all the fat, what would she or he be?

Take Velen. He's a powerful priest(?), a wise leader, a really impressive beard and a whole bunch of things. But if you were to cut away all that stuff and just look at his personality, he comes off as Space Jesus. In other words, he's the wise old guy. Varian is the papa wolf, and that's really all he has going for him. Anduin (or whatever his name is) is the rebellious youth. Garrosh... screw Garrosh.

The point her is to make you look at your character, ignore everything that "makes them tick" and just realize the base around which they rotate. What is the center of their personality? Why is that the center? Has it changed?

The best way to tell is, if you were to remove it, your character would fall apart. If you took away Velen's Wise Prophet gimmick, everything else would go all mushy and disconnected, if it even made sense.

Myself, I've got Ozuna, who's the matronly healer. Sure, there's more to her than that, but that's not the point of the thread. I'm also swinging around a mischevious kid who's bitten off more than she can chew, a badass bald black leader dude, and a bloodthirsty power-seeker.

So what about you guys?

Edit: In my mind, magic=magician. The distinction is rather small. I originally thought Furion was a mage.
Edited by Ozuna on 9/29/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Velen is a priest.
Reply Quote
26 Gnome Warlock
09/29/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Layam
Velen is a priest.
Reply Quote
He's purple, it confused me. Do I look like the sort of person that can distinguish between one magic user and another? No, no I do not. I look like a rogue werewolf, somewhat inexplicably. Now back to archtypes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Raisheal is that one girl who does whatever she wants and only cares about herself. She's a villain in most terms, because making others hurt pleases her. She's quite persuasive and calculating, and a good actress.

Muireanne is a workaholic and struggles with her identity as a former priestess and now a warlock. She's prone to fits of anger - the temperamental redhead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Jadoth's that angsty anti-hero who has a desire to help others and do good in order to make up for his previous failures.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The Anonymous Wanderer when he's out in the world with his mask.

The Fool when he's lazing around Dalaran without the mask.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If I were to RP my WoW characters...

I did this wrong. I'll fix it later.
Edited by Belevow on 9/29/2012 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Velen isn't Space Jesus, he's the Space Pope.

I'm not really sure on Kal'tok, he's a survivor but would gladly risk his life for the ones he loves so that's a little conflicting.
Edited by Kaltokk on 9/29/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Kamazhi's the grizzled war veteran with a cynical sense of humor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
09/29/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Ozuna
I don't mean, like healer, or tank or whatever. I mean if you were to take your character and boil down all the fat, what would she or he be?

I dislike where this is going.

Joking aside.

X is a patient healer, and a support system/character. Will never be the main focus of any story, but a there to heal and help along. She's a bit fiery, thus her kinship with the Horde, and she has a iron will if it means something important to her. She's very knowledge thirsty, and enjoys learning about all this newness outside of Pandaria.

*Thinks* She's pretty much the epitome of a young monk.
Edited by Xray on 9/29/2012 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archetype

Basically, boil your character down to its descriptor. What you're all doing is describing the character, but not giving the archetype.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archetype

Basically, boil your character down to its descriptor. What you're all doing is describing the character, but not giving the archetype.

batman
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
hmmm... I'd just say to put it simply. Kelsus is 'The Student'

Even if he is powerful, acts confident like a leader and has mentored apprentices under the arcane. He is a rather lost without some sort of Master, someone or something pushing him to better himself intellectually, magically, or physically.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
hmmm... I'd just say to put it simply. Kelsus is 'The Student'

Even if he is powerful,

Right there is when I checked to see if you were a frost mage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
If I were to RP my WoW characters...

Belevow: Kind and patient caregiver.

Give me care, baby.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
This might be helpful: http://www.tamicowden.com/villains.htm

The LUNATIC/ The CHARMER
Nuodai

I have a bit of a problem to associate any of my characters with only one archetype. They have very complex personalities...
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Nuodai
I have a bit of a problem to associate any of my characters with only one archetype. They have very complex personalities...

^^^^ This.

SO, I will combine, methinks! XD

The fool meets the orphan/waif meets the hedonist, tossing in some star-crossed-lost-love as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/29/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Nuodai

This.

It's extremely hard to describe a person or character with a single word.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
09/29/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Jadoth

This.

It's extremely hard to describe a person or character with a single word.

Cuddly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]