What happened to healer balance for BG queue?

90 Night Elf Rogue
09/29/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Amerali
It's not needed in BGs at all, it's just a huge inconvenience.

With complaints claiming that heals are impossible to take down, it's pretty much a bitter necessity. Without it, they would run rampant. The only thing to do right now is adapt and learn to work against it.

I'm not asking anything to change - I'm just acknowledging that it is actually not possible to fix PvP anymore without going back many years. Or release a new game.

It's the cycle. Whenever Blizzard goes to fix an issue, another rises to take it's place. The day when this game truly is everyone's idea of balance is the day hell freezes over.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
oh look another useless healer thread.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yeah I remember Blizzard posting they were going to be very proactive fixing healing queues and low level god mode healing. Did that just fall off the radar because I can't find the post anywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/29/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Ningos
Yeah I remember Blizzard posting they were going to be very proactive fixing healing queues and low level god mode healing. Did that just fall off the radar because I can't find the post anywhere.

They decided to add pet battles instead of actually adding game saving features like making sure the teams are balanced before you enter a bg. I guess they just want everyone who wants conquest points to be Alliance. So much for their central theme of conflict within WoW between the Horde and Alliance.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Paladin
This topic is new and exciting!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/29/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Kirama
So no, it doesn't always work out for the team with the greater number of heals.

I think it takes a healer or someone who has an iota of awareness of their surroundings to understand this. You can spout this until you are blue in the face (and as a healer, I completely agree with you) but the fact is, dps like to complain and complain they do. You could nerf heals to 10% and you'd still have dps complaining about healing in BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Funny how 90% of the people who disagree with these threads are alliance.
Tell me what I am supposed to do about 4 or more alliance healers in one game, while most of their team is premade?
After the past 36 hours or so, I am in awe at how bad this actually is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I agree CC is needed for BGs/Arenas but I'm also in agreement that there is way too much CC currently. Most classes have a slience and interrupt plus a stun or two. One of the exceptions is myself, a priest, I have one fear + a mob with a 45 sec CD who fears every 1.5 for 10 seconds. More classes should be like this. no more than 2 cc/interrupt/stun/silence abilities.
Edited by Lightfool on 10/1/2012 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Mage
09/29/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Apneic
Uh, I have one. The idea is to have fun playing the toon you want?

not enough people want to heal. Cant put a role in a BG que when no one or not enough role as one.
/end thread.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/01/2012 04:53 AMPosted by Katlei
I think it takes a healer or someone who has an iota of awareness of their surroundings to understand this. You can spout this until you are blue in the face (and as a healer, I completely agree with you) but the fact is, dps like to complain and complain they do. You could nerf heals to 10% and you'd still have dps complaining about healing in BGs.

Which is the point. Any inexperienced dps blowing all their cds, but not when they need them most will have trouble with a decent healer. Even if that healer is terrible, if dps are not timing their interrupts or stuns, they're going to continue to do poorly.

I lost count of how many times I found myself being the only one attempting to train one down when everyone else is off beating on a giggling tank.

And faction has to do with this how?

It's random. There are games when Horde have more healers as well, I usually find myself being the only one at times. Outright claiming that (x-faction) always has more healers is just being biased. And yes, there have been Alliance players that screamed the same thing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Tell me what I am supposed to do about 4 or more alliance healers in one game, while most of their team is premade?
After the past 36 hours or so, I am in awe at how bad this actually is.

so the problem was they were organized and out played your team and not there team comp then.

simply stated

good dps has more impact then good healing
bad healing has more impact then bad dps
random bgs are filled with bad dps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I used to heal on both sides of the fence.
However
I deleted my Horde healer.

Reason:
1. No peels to those I was trying to heal
2. No Protection from those I just healed while I mount.
3. I throw shinnies on the ground only to have the dps run head long into 5 ally far away from said shinnies and QQ that I am bad heals while I'm getting stun locked from the rogue that said dps charged away from to beat on the 4 remaining allies. And all this going on while 6 dps go straight for more allies that are even further away.
4. No peels

I get more help from ally dps on my ally healer... therefore when I'm in a healing mode.
I heal alliance ( though, alliance has dupe dps as well but not as many.)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Oh btw
<<<< Clawtaker
I guess I should have posted on my healer...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We're queuing in our dps specs because healing sucks at the beginning of every expansion.

Seriously, we do half as much hps as the dps people are putting out.

There isn't a point.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Pretty sure that this was only an idea floated on Twitter by Ghostcrawler not too long ago. That's not exactly design gospel.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
We're queuing in our dps specs because healing sucks at the beginning of every expansion.

There isn't a point.

don't confuse priests for the rest of the healers
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

There isn't a point.

don't confuse priests for the rest of the healers

If only it were possible, maybe we'd be better off than we are now. Unfortunately its much more likely that Blizzard would nerf other healers and make us all useless in PvP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]