Dread Amber Shards and Motes of Harmony

85 Undead Rogue
i wanted to make a thread about these since i find their drop rate is very low and they are hard to come across. dread amber shards are useful for boosting reputation with the klaxxi although they are very hard to farm, in my case anyway. i have heard killing swamp striders and the mantid along the south coast of the dread wastes is good for farming, but i have yet to even get a full stack.

motes of harmony are easier to come across, although are in very high demand for crafters and quite hard to farm as the drop rate is low.

do you guys have any good ways for farming these, or other ways to gain reputation? i think the drop rates should be increased on these items and possibly drop a mote of harmony from each heroic dungeon boss, or a spirit of harmony from the last boss
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Mote of Harmony is approximately a 15% drop from all LV90 mobs. You must be unlucky, I've already gotten 4 Spirits leveling up to 20% of 88.

As for the Klaxxi item, it looks like you're better off just doing dailies for them.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
09/29/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Shrinkwrap
As for the Klaxxi item, it looks like you're better off just doing dailies for them

i do, but i would like other ways to boost rep after the dailies are done :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You can grow motes of harmony on your farm. So, if you have all the plots, you can get quite a few daily.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
10/10/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Geshouyun
You can grow motes of harmony on your farm. So, if you have all the plots, you can get quite a few daily.

I'm getting around 12 daily, excluding for when I need to grow for a vote :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Dread Amber Shards are an incredibly low drop rate. Not sky shard low, but it's down there. I was about 200 rep away from Revered after doing my dailies a few days ago, and I thought I'd just grind mobs to get shards. Took me something like 20 minutes to get the seven shards that I needed, 20 minutes of pulling 15+ mobs at a time and mowing them down with Iron Mantid.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/10/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Terraphobic
Dread Amber Shards are an incredibly low drop rate. Not sky shard low, but it's down there. I was about 200 rep away from Revered after doing my dailies a few days ago, and I thought I'd just grind mobs to get shards. Took me something like 20 minutes to get the seven shards that I needed, 20 minutes of pulling 15+ mobs at a time and mowing them down with Iron Mantid.

Some of the Klaxxi buffs are really, really good for mote and shard farming. The combination of, say, a mind controlled mantid with AOE damage and the exploding stun debuff takes stuff down fast. All you have to do is stay alive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]