Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Heroics? prep?

hah
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
What?
Reply Quote
I think she means get the required ilevel.

Run dread wastes, it alone will get you 440ilevel, no need for mogu palace at all.

Heroics are very very easy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yea, it's just unfortunate that I have no real means to get into heroics... there's only one instance that drops 450's. Plus it's rather disappointing there's only 4 normal mode instances total.

Bear in mind we all have our preferences, and mine is to do instances as I'm not all that fond of questing. Previous expansions have actually been really good to instance runners. I'm rather sad that there's only four, and that of those four one of them drops 450's that gear me for heroics. Of that one instance, it has precisely two drops for my spec.
Edited by Tathais on 9/30/2012 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
09/30/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Tathais
Yea, it's just unfortunate that I have no real means to get into heroics... there's only one instance that drops 450's. Plus it's rather disappointing there's only 4 normal mode instances total.

Scenarios, free 450 weapon and 463 blues

Quests give for 437 greens and 450 blues (almost a whole set)

You have just as many means as anyone else.

Bear in mind we all have our preferences,

We all have preferences, but if you want to experience MMOs, you need to play a little outside your bounds,

Or at least don't complain about the game encroaching on you when there's a Stupidly small limitation (These are easily the most accessible Normal modes called heroic ever)
Edited by Postonforums on 9/30/2012 7:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
there's only one instance that drops 450's.

Get some contender gear to fill in your wost slots with 450, that and some dread wastes questing should easily get you over the line.

Theres also a reasonably cheap engineering trinket that can help too.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Make sure you hit greed on cloth/rings/trinks if you cannot hit need just to fill a slot and cheat the system.

Brewfest double trinks will also get you there faster :0)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We all have preferences, but if you want to experience MMOs, you need to play a little outside your bounds,

Or at least don't complain about the game encroaching on you when there's a Stupidly small limitation (These are easily the most accessible Normal modes called heroic ever)

That's rather asinine... this game developed and nurtured my bounds. WoW gave me instances and then gave me a progression path following only them. I've stuck with WoW for the last 7 years because I could do this as an alternative to questing, which I do not enjoy. Then this expansion turns everything on it's head and you tell me this is how MMOs should be played and that I need to expand? Think about that... all I'm asking is that WoW deliver on what it has trained me to expect.

I realize this is one, relatively small step, but for you to throw a statement like this out is quite insulting.

09/30/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Sabod
Get some contender gear to fill in your wost slots with 450, that and some dread wastes questing should easily get you over the line.

Yea, I had heard this elsewhere too, but thank you for the tip. It's a shame that buying PvP gear is the easiest way to get into heroics, but I guess it was like that in the later stages of Cata too.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
09/30/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Tathais
That's rather asinine... this game developed and nurtured my bounds. WoW gave me instances and then gave me a progression path following only them. I've stuck with WoW for the last 7 years because I could do this as an alternative to questing, which I do not enjoy. Then this expansion turns everything on it's head and you tell me this is how MMOs should be played and that I need to expand? Think about that... all I'm asking is that WoW deliver on what it has trained me to expect.

You're seriously having this huge rant about how UNFAIR this game is, because you need to spend an hour to get into heroics?

Sha of Entitlement.

Like I said, do things like normal people, and you'll be 441+ before 90.

You also shed 2 ilevels since you last posted when I checked your armory, you're tossing out higher level gear, and making it actively hearder on yourself (you were 439).
Edited by Postonforums on 9/30/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Yea, I had heard this elsewhere too, but thank you for the tip. It's a shame that buying PvP gear is the easiest way to get into heroics, but I guess it was like that in the later stages of Cata too.

It's PvP/PvE gear. It has resilience, but it has the same PvE stat budget as the tank and healing PvE crafted sets.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're seriously having this huge rant about how UNFAIR this game is, because you need to spend an hour to get into heroics?

Sha of Entitlement.

Like I said, do things like normal people, and you'll be 441+ before 90.

That conversation, in summary:
Me: I want to play the game like I've always been able to play it.
You: No you can't, that's not how MMOs should be played.

You keep telling me I'm playing outside the norm... that's not correct. I'm asking to play exactly how I played in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and Cata. In every single one of those expansions there were many dungeon options (less so in Vanilla per level range, but still quite viable -- I know because that's how I played). Gearing to the next tier via dungeons was very easy to do. MoP rolls along and completely removes this area of play and you tell me my expectations are abnormal?

09/30/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Postonforums
You also shed 2 ilevels since you last posted when I checked your armory, you're tossing out higher level gear, and making it actively hearder on yourself (you were 439)

That would have to be a bug... or you misread. If nothing else my ilvl should have gone up. I snagged a piece of 450 healer gear nobody wanted and got the brewfest trinket last night. I also got a new 437 trinket. Finally, I choose items based on their stats so I can perform better. If I've tossed something with a higher ilvl it was because it wasn't helpful for me. If this is bringing me down, it's yet another indication that the game going into tier 1 heroics may not have been very well thought out.

It's not like I'm asking for anything outrageous here. My expectations are built upon 7 years of playing this game. MoP is the first expansion that has deviated from these. Even TBC, which had the rep grinds, still offered you rep grain from dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Form guild/friends/random people from trade chat group
Fly to instance entrance
Enter instance
Kill all the bosses in green 'cuz it's easy
Get loot
????

So simple even a baby could do it!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
That conversation, in summary:
Me: I want to play the game like I've always been able to play it.
You: No you can't, that's not how MMOs should be played.

You couldn't just bounce into Heroics at the start of Cataclysm or Wrath either.

There's always been a bit of an item level gap.

It's actually EASIER to do it this time around with the Contender gear and Scenarios. Also, Scenarios are why there aren't more normal dungeons at 90.

10/01/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Tathais
You keep telling me I'm playing outside the norm... that's not correct. I'm asking to play exactly how I played in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and Cata. In every single one of those expansions there were many dungeon options (less so in Vanilla per level range, but still quite viable -- I know because that's how I played). Gearing to the next tier via dungeons was very easy to do. MoP rolls along and completely removes this area of play and you tell me my expectations are abnormal?

Scenariosssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

it's yet another indication that the game going into tier 1 heroics may not have been very well thought out.

It's not like I'm asking for anything outrageous here. My expectations are built upon 7 years of playing this game. MoP is the first expansion that has deviated from these. Even TBC, which had the rep grinds, still offered you rep grain from dungeons.

Your memory seems to be a little off.

I think you should try those scenarios.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You couldn't just bounce into Heroics at the start of Cataclysm or Wrath either.

There's always been a bit of an item level gap.

It's actually EASIER to do it this time around with the Contender gear and Scenarios. Also, Scenarios are why there aren't more normal dungeons at 90.

That's not true, you could do normal mode dungeons to get the ilvl req for heroics. I don't know how questing fit in, I sporadically quest to the level cap but primarily focus on dungeons. This is because I don't enjoy questing... at all. So far the game has been just fine with this and has given me other options.

10/01/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Hyjinx
Scenariosssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If Scenarios are the way to go, thanks for the heads up. This isn't communicated by the game at all. I had heard of them but thought they were just challenge modes for vanity items. I had heard they normalize your gear when playing them too. I'll look into this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I hit 90 after doing the dread wastes and Im able to automatically start heroics. Spend an hour questing or QQ somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That's rather asinine... this game developed and nurtured my bounds. WoW gave me instances and then gave me a progression path following only them. I've stuck with WoW for the last 7 years because I could do this as an alternative to questing, which I do not enjoy. Then this expansion turns everything on it's head and you tell me this is how MMOs should be played and that I need to expand? Think about that... all I'm asking is that WoW deliver on what it has trained me to expect

I heard this saying on sports radio that made me think of WoW when he said it.

Called it the fast food mentality, where everyone wants their stuff NOW.

It made me chuckle.

Now, while you excuse me, I will now get some fast food.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Sha of Entitlement.

+1

Made me lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I heard this saying on sports radio that made me think of WoW when he said it.

Called it the fast food mentality, where everyone wants their stuff NOW.

It made me chuckle.

Now, while you excuse me, I will now get some fast food.

You've missed my point completely. I'm not asking for my stuff right now, nor am I asking to hit 90 and go immediately into heroics. Instead of questing to hit the ilvl 440, I want to run dungeons. I've been able to do this every expansion until this one. In Cata I was quite happy to grind normal mode dungeons to meet my ilvl req for heroics. I didn't get it overnight, but I got it in a way that was enjoyable to me.

There's no entitlement, there's no "fast food mentality", there's just me wanting to play the game like I've always played it but instead having to go grind out quests.

But hey, I guess it's easier to spout catch phrases and shame someone than to read what they're actually saying. Fun times on the WoW forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]