Only one dungeon to prep for heroics?

90 Night Elf Druid
Also, I give up on this thread. It's obviously not the end of the world because I'll just go and buy up PvP gear to make sure I hit the ilvl req once I'm 90. I was expressing my displeasure and disappointment at a change to the game I don't like and it's gotten out of hand.

Apparently everybody seems to think I want to just hold W, march through the zones and magically get heroic raiding gear. I don't know how we got here, but oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Cataclysm had 7 regular dungeons before max level. MOP has only 4? what a huge disappointment. I suggest that those lvl 90 dungeons be accessible at lvl 89!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yea, it's just unfortunate that I have no real means to get into heroics... there's only one instance that drops 450's. Plus it's rather disappointing there's only 4 normal mode instances total.

Bear in mind we all have our preferences, and mine is to do instances as I'm not all that fond of questing. Previous expansions have actually been really good to instance runners. I'm rather sad that there's only four, and that of those four one of them drops 450's that gear me for heroics. Of that one instance, it has precisely two drops for my spec.

Buy some greens/blues that get you a bit further along with ilvl and equip them to get in queue, and when you get in the instance just equip your normal gear.

Engineers are making some trinkets with the engineer only sockets that are usually cheap enough and will bump up your ilvl a decent ways.

If you can get in on Coren runs, then you can get a couple 470 trinkets to make getting in instances easier.

Since the ilvl required to enter heroics was set at a silly level, you'd pretty much be fine going in with some gimped up set just for the ilvl and then actually running the places in all greens.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
As I dinged 90 in Dread Wastes, I was already 440. Dread Wastes greens are 437, and with the occasional 450 blue thrown in, easy. No reason not to get the ilvl. Unless you went 85-90 in Jade Forest somehow. The 4 dungeons doesn't bother me. Dungeons are !@#$ exp, and Pandaria looks beautiful enough to keep me busy until 90 with the questing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Grab a JC friend to craft you some rings and a necklace, those should help boost your ilvl without needing PvP gear.

You can also now trade in JP for 450's. Just go talk to this guy: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64607
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I do think things are handled awkwardly when you hit 90.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/01/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Memgob
Cataclysm had 7 regular dungeons before max level. MOP has only 4? what a huge disappointment. I suggest that those lvl 90 dungeons be accessible at lvl 89!

I agree with this also. There's a point (around level 87 or 88) where the dungeons available to you serve no purpose other than XP. There is this game and I don't rememer it this way in beta. I was almost wondering if there is a bug or something.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Grab a JC friend to craft you some rings and a necklace, those should help boost your ilvl without needing PvP gear.

You can also now trade in JP for 450's. Just go talk to this guy: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64607

From what I can see, all those items require rep which you won't have by the time you hit 90 and are looking to up your ilvl. I really think the ilvl thing is just an annoyance for the people that went into MoP with their DS gear and didn't see much reason to trade out their set pieces for greens and blues with a higher ilvl that didn't have much better stats.

That the dungeons you have access to leveling up don't give upgrades at all just tacks on a bit more annoyance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/02/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Vendrak
From what I can see, all those items require rep which you won't have by the time you hit 90 and are looking to up your ilv

They removed (or are planning on) removing the rep requirements for the 450 jp gear. Not sure if it's live yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]