Faction Justice Gear Hotfix

We've just applied a hotfix that removes the faction requirements for Justice gear.

Shado-Pan and August Celestial factions will no longer require Golden Lotus faction to purchase this gear. This will allow players who have reached level 90 to have additional sources of item level (ilevel) 450 gear to progress into the Dungeon Finder Heroic dungeons more readily.

Players who are looking to purchase this gear should seek out the following vendors:

Townlong Steppes:
  • Shadow-Pan - Rushin the Fox in Shado-Pan Garrison
  • All - Lo Pin in Niuzao Temple

Vale of Eternal Blossoms:
  • August Celestials - Sage Lotusbloom or Sage Whiteheart in the Horde and Alliance Shrines
  • Golden Lotus - Jaluu the Generous in front of Mogu’shan Palace

Dread Wastes:
  • Klaxxi - Ambersmith Zikk in Klaxxivess

Why?

This expansion has been out for less than a week.

Because by the time you get honored with these factions you are most likely going to already have gotten around the 440 ilvl, and running heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/01/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Arlanna
GJ qq'ers. Quit complaining about how you want this game to be "hard" and when they do make it hard, you complain more.

I doubt it was considered QQ. Mostly just "hey why do I need THIS faction rep when I want THAT rep?"

Considering GC stated this is why head enchants were taken out. And yet they still made it a "Sorry you have to grind A to get to B" sort of. Unless I'm mistaken. I'm only going by what I read here on the forums when the topic was brought up.

People saying their servers were busy after rolling on a high server? QQ. PvP happening on a PvP server? QQ.

Bit of a difference
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
10/01/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Immawarlock
Because by the time you get honored with these factions you are most likely going to already have gotten around the 440 ilvl, and running heroics.

Ya, and 450 craftables are dirt cheap.
Reply Quote
12 Dwarf Shaman
What happend to saying that there ARE other ways of gearing and not wanting points to be a method of gearing only to fill in slots? Dungeon drops, PVP, crafting, not druging around for 5 minutes in a really easy dungeon to buy something from a vendor. That's not what the game's about. I mean comon, you don't need to do the raid the DAY it comes out.
You're not forced to grind out the rep, you can use crafted stuff..It seriously isn't hard to gear up for it.
The only good thing is, it's still 450 gear.
Please let this be the only thing you fall back on, I'm liking how Mists is so far. I don't want another Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes! Great choice, this is awesome news.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Why?

This expansion has been out for less than a week.

^

JP gear was useless for me on day two. There's no point for JP gear to be so inaccessible when it's supposed to get your a bit of gear, and be for the casuals.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Am I correct in assuming that you only removed the requirement of a Golden Lotus reputation from Shado-Pan and August Celestials gear? So you would still need the respective Shado-Pan and August Celestials reputations?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Thanks for post Bashiok but could you make an edit to your OP?

All - Lo Pin in Niuzao Temple

The correct name of the NPC is Commander Lo Ping <Justice Quartermaster>.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This rep/JP/VP setup is completely terrible, by the time that progression based raids are revered with shadowpan and august celestials, they'll have far better gear from heroic raids, and it makes VP completely worthless. There is literally next to no incentive unto doing rep currently, and VP/JP is nigh useless in it's current form, and makes having alts a nightmare. Oh, hey! You get an extra 50% VP after your main caps, too bad you will need to wait forever to actually use that VP!
Reply Quote
This is a good change but still does not fix the issue of me having too grind out 6 characters worth of dailies every day in order to get the rep I need on all of my raiding characters.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Awesome.

Now for your next trick if you make the new BoA pants your guild gets for completing an achievement work until lv90, you'll have removed my only complaints thus far.

:P

I will say though, considering how slow it's going to take to get anywhere with the golden lotus, rep-wise, there may as well not be anything for valor points on the faction vendors of it and after it.

I don't mind a slow grind. I mind a slow grind and then rewards for said grinds that are by and large worthless. I hold a lot of import on the other stuff, not just valor points, but if justice points are worthless, and valor points are equally worthless because of the gating rep, why even have them?
Edited by Meia on 10/1/2012 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Good change!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Thank you.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
edit: THANKS BASHIOK YOU'RE ALWAYS LOOKIN OUT FOR US^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sweet thanks Blizz!
Edited by Pajuh on 10/1/2012 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Thank you!

Any news for us people with 6 main characters and how the reputations will work for them? Maybe putting back tabards for us or allow us to get rep in dungeons again without tabards like in BC? I hate dailies, never did dailies, and never will. I would like other options to gain rep for the required patterns and things like that I will need for raiding.
Edited by Madmartigan on 10/1/2012 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
95 Night Elf Druid
thank you for listening to feedback!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/01/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Tankingchi
What you talking about? I had the ilvl for heroics the minute I hit 90 with just quest drops and dungeon drops.

You are very lucky indeed! I have yet to see any healer gear drop! *fingers crossed*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]