Faction Justice Gear Hotfix

90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/01/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Marathel
Golden Lotus you're looking at a 6-7 days of dailies. That gives you LW, Tailoring patterns depending on your profession.

Oo thanks saved me some time looking up what faction to go for
Reply Quote
43 Human Paladin
Now let's see what people move on to complain about. I wonder what the next hot topic will be...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I had the ilvl requirement when I dinged as well. Just do away with justice gear entirely. It's junk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Suppose i have a question. Will rep be required for purple valor raiding gear? Are these factions the equivalent of ramekin of cata? where it would be nice to have the rep but there will still be a valor vendor? If the answer is no then the next question i have is, will pvp gear need rep to buy? I understand i'm only one person and my opinion won't change blizzards mind, but i dislike having to farm rep to get raid gear. If it is implemented in pvp gear sadly i won't be playing anymore because i don't have the time to do rep with 3-5 places and continue to play the game i like.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/01/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Hypokricy
Now let's see what people move on to complain about. I wonder what the next hot topic will be...

If people didn't complain we'd be running bosses like original C'thun and America wouldn't exist.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sadly, the JP gear isn't on par with heroic gear as it was in Cataclysm, leaving people who want to be as ready as possible for raiding stuck running heroics.
Reply Quote
Thank you!!! I can get rid of these crappy green pants finally.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/01/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Doubledare
Sadly, the JP gear isn't on par with heroic gear as it was in Cataclysm, leaving people who want to be as ready as possible for raiding stuck running heroics.

at least running heroics is fun and as of now has a short que time for dps.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
The problem with Justice Points gear isn't that it's inaccessible, it's that it's useless.

If you are - like me - trying to get a high enough ilvl to get in to LFR when it comes out next week then every item under the magic 463 is irrelevant.

So then you run heroics, hoping for drops, and if the item doesn't drop then you're just out of luck. In the past this is where JP would fill in: even if you've run dungeon after dungeon, but have no gear to show for it, at least you were progressing your gear by slowly accumulating Justice Points. Similarly with reputation tabards.

This is essentially the same problem that Diablo 3 had with the level cap, and was a significant reason for the introduction of paragon levels. So that even if RNG isn't on your side at least you're seeing some progress.

As it stands the best path to getting a high enough ilvl to do LFR is to run heroics, hope for drops, but if none eventuate then convert your Justice to Honor and buy the 464 PVP gear. Or do PVP so you can gain access to PVE content, which is something that isn't looked upon too fondly from a design standpoint, I believe.

Anyway - thank you for removing the reputation requirement, but I'll be staying JP capped until some items of worth can be purchased with it at Revered.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Good stuff.

Would I be correct in guessing that the idea behind the rep requirement was that you'd get honored just by normal questing, and then you didn't put 2 and 2 together that you couldn't actually get honored with any of those reps without daily quests until after release?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Its a start.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
did they just switch it back on? im seeing a required rep again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
and now you have to remove the rep requirements for the rest of the badge gear and i will resub
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Caving to Casuals.....
:-)
Reply Quote
I'd much rather they undo the faction nerf instead of making this stuff purchasable. I can't buy my crafting patterns for a while.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thank you Blizzard!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Seems like it only affected gear needing Honored rep (at least for me), revered still shows on at least Klaxxi, Golden Lotus and Shado-Pan.
Reply Quote
This is a good change. Some people were finding it difficult to reach the ilvl requirement for heroics, however I found that I had it as soon as I finished up in the Dreadwastes.

I think maintaining the reputation requirement for the valor gear is a good idea. I find it ironic that people were complaining in Cataclysm that there wasn't enough to do at level 85. Blizzard now makes changes to ensure that you never run out of things to do, and still people complain that they shouldn't have to do anything to be rewarded.. The story is outstanding; enjoy the game.

Good work, Blizzard. I think this is the strongest expansion yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]