Faction Justice Gear Hotfix

10/01/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Nadirah
I think maintaining the reputation requirement for the valor gear is a good idea. I find it ironic that people were complaining in Cataclysm that there wasn't enough to do at level 85. Blizzard now makes changes to ensure that you never run out of things to do, and still people complain that they shouldn't have to do anything to be rewarded.. The story is outstanding; enjoy the game.

The reason people complained there was nothing to do in Cata was because there was nothing to do. It had very little endgame content relative to other expansions, and if you weren't in a raiding guild, there was no realistic way to see a good chunk of it.

MoP doesn't have either of those problems. There's a lot of content, and thanks to LFR, it's all accessible to everyone. The rep gating serves no purpose but as a time sink to cheaply stretch out content, and it creates essentially the same problem we had in Cataclysm: to progress, you're railroaded into a specific type of content regardless of whether you enjoy it or not. We've gone from "raid or die" to "rep or die." It's a slight improvement, because you don't need a guild to do dailies, but it's still a really bad system.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Thankyou Blizzard! Much appreciated by the community :)
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Marathel
I can't buy my crafting patterns for a while.

If you count a week a while sure.

If they keep giving out the broken statue quest...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
We've just applied a hotfix that removes the faction requirements for Justice gear.

Shado-Pan and August Celestial factions will no longer require Golden Lotus faction to purchase this gear. This will allow players who have reached level 90 to have additional sources of item level (ilevel) 450 gear to progress into the Dungeon Finder Heroic dungeons more readily.

Players who are looking to purchase this gear should seek out the following vendors:

Townlong Steppes:
  • Shadow-Pan - Rushin the Fox in Shado-Pan Garrison
  • All - Lo Pin in Niuzao Temple

Vale of Eternal Blossoms:
  • August Celestials - Sage Lotusbloom or Sage Whiteheart in the Horde and Alliance Shrines
  • Golden Lotus - Jaluu the Generous in front of Mogu’shan Palace

Dread Wastes:
  • Klaxxi - Ambersmith Zikk in Klaxxivess

Why?

This expansion has been out for less than a week.

Because Justice Point gear, before the hotfix, was absolutely useless and had no possible use for anyone. By the time you could have honored with anything other than the Klaxxi, you have better.

Now, at least, you can get something. Maybe.

It's still bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Why?

This expansion has been out for less than a week.

This is my thoughts exactly. This basically renders all the factions useless. Not happy with this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/01/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Holydragøn
This is my thoughts exactly. This basically renders all the factions useless. Not happy with this.

You're sort of forgetting Valor gear, Mounts, and Tabards. :p
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
So nobody is going to complain about this change? That is odd.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Excellent. Can we also add a vendor that lets me shoot myself in the head because 90% of the playerbase are children who think they need to have everything done in an expansion a week old within the first three days?

Soon enough people will whine the raid content is too hard and needs a nerf because they can't down all entry level raid content in two weeks. Kael'thas was in the BC release day one and nobody downed him until four and a half months into it, it's fine to NOT down content in less than a month. People need to realize this and Blizzard needs to grow a backbone and enforce it.

It's MOP, it's a completely fresh start, take it the route of BC and not the route of Cataclysm. Make the scrubs bend to the content and not make the content bend for the scrubs.
Edited by Cloudstrife on 10/1/2012 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I hope they don't speed up everything else so that there'll be nothing to do soon like in cata.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/01/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Bashiok
Shadow-Pan
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
To those complaining about the changes:

Thanks for making professions obsolete

In no way does this make professions obsolete. There is a cap on JP and, unless you were running dungeons nonstop while leveling, it is very doubtful that you have enough to buy more than one or two pieces of gear. If you're clever, you'll be buying items that cannot be crafted by your profession.

Thanks for making scenarios obsolete

Scenarios don't even have a guaranteed item drop. On top of that, if you are fortunate enough to get an item, they ilevel is 463, just like heroics.

I had the ilevel to get into heroics right when I hit level 90.

Congratulations. Not everyone did. Not everyone will. That's not a reflection of skill. It's a reflection of luck. Dungeon bosses dropped the loot you needed, you happened to find rare mobs who happened to drop items you were able to use. You happened to get enough Motes of Harmony to make enough Spirits of Harmony to buy the patterns you needed.

This was an unnecessary change

The JP gear from AC, GL and SP would have been obsolete before it was even purchasable thanks to the slow daily progression and the Golden Lotus gating in place.

On top of that, not everyone will want to grind dailies every day. I certainly won't be on many, if any, of my alts.

This speeds things up too quickly

In what way? People were going to get into heroics fairly quickly anyway, either through farming the needed Spirits of Harmony, purchasing gear off the AH, targeting questlines that gave an upgrade or running normal dungeons.

I reiterate: had this change not gone into effect, the JP gear would have been obsolete before it was even purchasable.

This makes factions obsolete

In what way? You still need to grind to get VP gear and vanity items.

---

On the subject of the JP gear itself:

I am in agreement with those who believe the JP gear should be ilevel 463, or have the option of an upgrade to 463 either with a Spirit of Harmony or through an additional gold/JP purchase.

In the past, JP gear has been equal to heroic gear and acted as a supplement to gearing—very useful for those who were having a difficult time getting a boss or two to drop specific items, or who were finding their items snagged by others.
Edited by Elethia on 10/1/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
1% less pain for alts.
6 characters at 85, 1 at 90, who have alt in this game, suffer from rep grinding, rep could be for account, the player do the rep, like the achievements, then Rep for alts NAW!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
To those complaining about the changes:

Thanks for making professions obsolete

In no way does this make professions obsolete. There is a cap on JP and, unless you were running dungeons nonstop while leveling, it is very doubtful that you have enough to buy more than one or two pieces of gear. If you're clever, you'll be buying items that cannot be crafted by your profession.

Thanks for making scenarios obsolete

Scenarios don't even have a guaranteed item drop. On top of that, if you are fortunate enough to get an item, they ilevel is 463, just like heroics.

I had the ilevel to get into heroics right when I hit level 90.

Congratulations. Not everyone did. Not everyone will. That's not a reflection of skill. It's a reflection of luck. Dungeon bosses dropped the loot you needed, you happened to find rare mobs who happened to drop items you were able to use. You happened to get enough Motes of Harmony to make enough Spirits of Harmony to buy the patterns you needed.

This was an unnecessary change

The JP gear from AC, GL and SP would have been obsolete before it was even purchasable thanks to the slow daily progression and the Golden Lotus gating in place.

On top of that, not everyone will want to grind dailies every day. I certainly won't be on many, if any, of my alts.

This speeds things up too quickly

In what way? People were going to get into heroics fairly quickly anyway, either through farming the needed Spirits of Harmony, purchasing gear off the AH, targeting questlines that gave an upgrade or running normal dungeons.

I reiterate: had this change not gone into effect, the JP gear would have been obsolete before it was even purchasable.

This makes factions obsolete

In what way? You still need to grind to get VP gear and vanity items.

---

On the subject of the JP gear itself:

I am in agreement with those who believe the JP gear should be ilevel 463, or have the option of an upgrade to 463 either with a Spirit of Harmony or through an additional gold/JP purchase.

In the past, JP gear has been equal to heroic gear and acted as a supplement to gearing—very useful for those who were having a difficult time getting a boss or two to drop specific items, or who were finding their items snagged by others.

The dailies served as a gate and by gating the content you'll make the most of the expansion. The problem is with how people think, they need to have the content done in a month which will lead to rushed progression. That's how FL happened and DS happened, those were both downed within the first week on normal mode. And don't give the the whole "Fights should be easy normal mode and hard on heroic" excuse, this game should enforce normal modes being a wall because it slows down people thinking the sole purpose is to steamroll the content in a week and whine for newer stuff.

Blizzard makes content accessible and doable for anyone, it gets done in a month or two then they're whining for new content, well the next tier gets rushed and people are whining they can't do the heroic modes, those too get nerfed then everyone has it done, now everyone wants ANOTHER tier. All of the content of Cata was done within a year and DS was stretched from mid November to the release of MoP. And FL lasted a grand total of maybe four months.

There's a reason BC was better, and it was because Blizzard wasn't afraid to enforce a gate on people. Kael was in BC on release, he wasn't downed until four and a half months into it. A majority of the community was floating around early/mid SSC by the time Nihilum had Kael dead (And they had Vashj down a month prior) and by early SSC I mean attempts on Hydross but Lurker on farm. (Everyone had Lurker on farm though, he wasn't hard.) They enforced requirements and THAT happened, where they didn't need to rush content.

I ran each dungeon ONCE when I was 85, and each once at 87, I got ONE item that wasn't even for me but I took it because we had a paladin healer and no other clothie, despite the fact it had spirit. And when I leveled I had a 440 item level and it isn't hard to run a scenario. I did the Arena of Anguish, BAM, amazing staff. And it isn't hard to purchase contender's items to replace a few greens of 410 quality. Or a Ghost Iron Dragonling. The problem is people perceive their lack of gear as lack of ability to get it. Solutions are everywhere, people are just too dumb to look for them.

And you're also avoiding the possibility of Blizzard doing what they did in Cata and making previous valour gear JP purchased. So leveling the reputations wouldn't make the gear obsolete, you're investing the in the future. You live too much in the present and that's a very big problem. And you also cited bad luck to counter the argument of "440 Ilvl isn't hard to get, I had it when I leveled." Well that argument is flawed left and right so I'm not even wasting my time to prove why you're wrong.
Edited by Cloudstrife on 10/1/2012 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Guess I should've waited a month or two while they dragged this out of beta.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Doesnt really seem important heroics are ridiculously easy anyway from the second you hit 90
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]