Faction Justice Gear Hotfix

90 Draenei Monk
10/01/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Aldritch
Now let's see what people move on to complain about. I wonder what the next hot topic will be...

If people didn't complain we'd be running bosses like original C'thun and America wouldn't exist.

There's a lot of people that would prefer it that way, sadly.

10/01/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Doubledare
Sadly, the JP gear isn't on par with heroic gear as it was in Cataclysm, leaving people who want to be as ready as possible for raiding stuck running heroics.

It wasn't just Cataclysm.

It was that way all the way back to BC when they added the stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

Why?

This expansion has been out for less than a week.

Because by the time you get honored with these factions you are most likely going to already have gotten around the 440 ilvl, and running heroics.

You're read to run heroics before you become honored with any faction.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Marathel
I would like other options to gain rep for the required patterns and things like that I will need for raiding.

It's not hard.

Klaxxi if you're a blacksmith you hit honored by doing all of Dread Wastes

Golden Lotus you're looking at a 6-7 days of dailies. That gives you LW, Tailoring patterns depending on your profession.

Now if you want enchanting you have to go further but those LAST YOU ENTIRE EXPANSION so it's worth the grind.

Quite complaining.

The valor items for your main and alts is quite valid argument.

Yet patterns hardly.

Its a video game, it is not hard at all, with 6 different characters it IS a huge time sink, one that needs to be fixed. This design is flawed end of story. This is an alt killer.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I see no issue with making the 463 ilvl JP pieces require no Rep requirement. 489 VP gear though... that's a problem. You want to be super-powered? Work for it.
Reply Quote
29 Pandaren Monk
Excellent. Can we also add a vendor that lets me shoot myself in the head because 90% of the playerbase are children who think they need to have everything done in an expansion a week old within the first three days?

Soon enough people will whine the raid content is too hard and needs a nerf because they can't down all entry level raid content in two weeks. Kael'thas was in the BC release day one and nobody downed him until four and a half months into it, it's fine to NOT down content in less than a month. People need to realize this and Blizzard needs to grow a backbone and enforce it.

It's MOP, it's a completely fresh start, take it the route of BC and not the route of Cataclysm. Make the scrubs bend to the content and not make the content bend for the scrubs.

That would be really nice except JP gear is worthless item level wise
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Item level doesn't mean everything. Shard of Woe had a trash Ilvl compared to heroic FL gear and was still the best arcane mage trinket until DS heroics. And a large portion of that is because fire was buffed and could beat Arcane at higher levels of gear.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Warrior
ty for the change. perhaps valor next. No complaints about mounts and tabards needing exalted/revered, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So i take it you all realized how absurd it was to reward people with 450 ilevel gear after 2 weeks of grinding heroics for 463s? How did no one notice this obvious problem BEFORE launch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Unfortunate. This would have been useful like 5 days ago.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Warrior
10/01/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Tasty
Unfortunate. This would have been useful like 5 days ago.

That's pretty much what all the people angry about it are angry about at the core of the issue. Doesn't effect me. My priestess is level 87. I have been playing alts, exploring, farming ghost iron, and taking it slow. When I found out you need rep to so much as breathe air, it outright killed my motivation to ding 90. Not looking forward to grinding tons of rep with repetitive dailies.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thank you so much, it was hard getting the ilvl to run through heroics!

GG Blizzard!

Yeah happened to me too.
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Mage
Professions next please.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
10/01/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Hazmatz
I see no issue with making the 463 ilvl JP pieces require no Rep requirement. 489 VP gear though... that's a problem. You want to be super-powered? Work for it.

Its not 463, its 450. and VP gear still requires rep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]