Faction Justice Gear Hotfix

90 Human Warlock
10/02/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Morrie
Why isn't the Justice Point gear 463? There's no reason it is so inferior to other gear available...

Because JP gear is supposed to fill gear holes, not be a replacement for gear. They've actually pulled that off this time.

JP gear was a hot topic for 1 day with everyone complaining about it and it gets hotfixed.

CRZ has been a hot topics for weeks with everyone complaining about it and nothing's been done yet.

Because JP gear was missing its intended goal. CRZ is not.
Edited by Serinicas on 10/2/2012 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I still think the gearing progression is off this expac.

There shoulda been 450 gear at say friendly you could buy for gold. You'd use this plus quest rewards plus cheap crafted gear to get into heroics.

Then there shoulda been 463 gear at honoured for JP. You'd run your heroics, get your drops, use the JP from the heroics to fill in slots you had poor RNG on and throw in a few expensiver crafted pieces and voila ready for raiding.

Then raiding would drop epics, you'd use your valour points to fill in slots that you had poor RNG on again, and you'd get the really good crafted stuff and be ready for heroic raiding.

It just kinda falls apart when you use currency from 463 content to buy 450 gear.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I think this was not really needed.

Yes, revered rep was slowing down progression, but a nerf to honored for Golden Lotus would have been enough.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Good change

Now if only I could figure out what actually rewards JP now.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah this is dumb, I had the ilvl before I hit 90 thanks to tailoring and my quest drops. Blizz is making this game too easy and that's why they are losing players.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Alphadruid
The 450 ilvl items we craft with our professions are now useless six days into the expansion.

I disagree. Most people will look at the amount of JP gained from Dungeons and time they would have to spend, vs. drop some gold and choose the tailored items anyway.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Sellys
It just kinda falls apart when you use currency from 463 content to buy 450 gear.

Very well stated.
Reply Quote
Gear does not work in dungeons

** Please fix Blizzard **
Edited by Stills on 10/2/2012 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I just used jp to buy honor gear to fill in gear I haven't gotten from heroics yet

so clearly these jp items should be buffed
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/01/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Sipha
Really sad about this... :(

Why? It's not like they're doing this to valor gear? You still have to farm rep in order to purchase Valor gear, which is actually the good gear. This change will be good for alts. I have 4 other 85s to level, and all honesty to have to do a rep grind on every one of those alts is absurd.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
So, let's get this straight.

JP gear was a hot topic for 1 day with everyone complaining about it and it gets hotfixed.

CRZ has been a hot topics for weeks with everyone complaining about it and nothing's been done yet.

WTF is going on?

Cheers.

You don't seem to understand how this works.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank You Blizzard! I am a completionist, and like to gear up this character. When I was leveling, most of the drops I saw (435 &450 blues) were plate!!! I still have to do Townlong Steps and DreD wastes. And despite running normals and questing, FOR THE LIFE OF ME I could not have the luck to get gear upgrades! So that means I could not run heroics untill I get an item level of 440, which meant running.a normal, specificly every 45+ minutes just to get drops that have unfortunately not happened! I mean it is so bad the monastary 1st boss dropped the plate belt 8 times in-a-row .... bad luck I know but it means the only asured way for people like me to even see the heroics is to spend justice points. But with the rep limitation this meant praying for a 450 normal drop (I only have 1 so far O.O or grinding for 1 week if I ignore, paing bils, cooking, cleaning, and dedicating myself to doing dailies.... just so I can start the gear grind to be raid ready.... and by the time I could spend the justice points, they were then useless if I complete townlong steps & dread wastes quests and even then I'd still be missing an item or 3 to get to 440, look at me I'm still wearing cataclysm raid gear despite doing normals 87-90 and completing every last quest in Jade Forest, Valley of the Foiur winds, Karasang Wilds, The summit, and even the valley quests!

Some osf us arent as lucky to be tanks to get instant ques, or the luck at drops, or even have time between life's necessary tasks to get raid ready. This change is much welcomed!
Edited by Ackbahr on 10/2/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/01/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Maigraith
A step in the right direction, but as long as valor still requires a rep grind, gearing up is gonna be a painful process, especially for alts.

This.

Point gear should not be locked away behind Rep Grinds, it's simply going to discourage people from playing.

I know I'm not willing to put another character through the Rep gauntlet.

The daily and rep grind requirements for Mists are ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you! It was quite frustrating yesterday when I hit a brick wall of sorts. I wasn't in the mood to run dailies after a long day at work, especially when one had me killing 40 of a type of mob... level 90 mobs in this gear just aren't fun. But if I wasn't doing dailies, then I couldn't run heroics with my guildmates, who were, at the time, running them. Yes, my iLvl is high enough now, but that's only when I cheese it with the 470 trinkets from Direbrew (two tank trinkets, ran with a guildmate tank, so no ninja =O). It was frustrating enough for me to cancel my sub (which didn't really do much since I bought 6 months, but it was more out of spite than anything), but I'm extremely happy to hear about this change. My 1-day break is over!

And I didn't have the gear necessary when I hit 90. I had an iLvl of 420ish when I hit 90, mostly due to not planning ahead with keeping crap gear with good iLvls in my bags from quests, and to nothing dropping for me in normal dungeons. But even with the first method, I would still have to cheat the system, and it bugged me enough that I wouldn't do it anyways.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Çlassic
A step in the right direction, but as long as valor still requires a rep grind, gearing up is gonna be a painful process, especially for alts.

oh so you want ilvl 489 gear when you have the right amount of VP?

they might as well not have an LFR version of raids then...... the VP gear woudl be too easy to get if the rep grind wasn't there.

THE VP GEAR IS MANY ILVLS BETTER THAN LFR GEAR..

/endrant

earn it you scrub

In cata.. getting the VP was earning it. If the acquisition was too fast, why didn't they just reduce the weekly vp cap? Seems more logical than forced dailies. Reps always had a few epic pieces that some would farm for, by use of a tabard, or rep assigned dungeons, not forced dailies.

How do people forget these things? Are you new?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/02/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Kroxion
No one is forcing you to do anything. The people that play the content to get the rep to receive the rewards deserve it. Not the Little kids that sit in town trolling trade chat with their finger permanently on the dungeon queue.

Listen here Mr. Judgemental, we are being forced to do the dailies if we want to progress our character.

And it's not like we just have to do it once, it's a block for every character we'll ever level and it was ridiculous.

Point gear has always been an alternate path to gear for those who didn't have the time to stick to a raid schedule or long grinds. Point gear was always meant to fill in gaps you couldn't fill elsewhere.

It was conceptualized for people who didn't have the time.

It should not be locked away behind huge rep and daily grinds. I work, I literally cannot do the dailies required to unlock this gear every day of the week.

I have to ration my WoW time and if all of it is taken up in repetitive and entirely unenjoyable daily grinds on not just one character once but every character ever then that's not enjoyable.

And do not talk down to me about not being willing to put effort into my character and just being a forum whiner because I've put plenty of effort into Caden here over the years.

Wanting to access point vendors to spend points we've earned is not wanting things handed to us.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Good now do it with valour too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]