Faction Justice Gear Hotfix

90 Gnome Warrior
theres a bug with your hotfix. i was able to buy the a few items today since the hotfix, but then halfway through a raid, they reverted back to 450 ilvl and now they say requires honored? now my ilvl is down to 412 from 462....

is there a fix? i already cleared my cache
Edited by Malphite on 10/2/2012 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Same issue - was able to buy and eqiup a couple of JP pieces - go into a dungeon and the Rep Requirement show back up for each item - making them useless.

Seriously? How do you overlook something like this during the testing process?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Seriously? How do you overlook something like this during the testing process?

Lets look back at who your asking.......This was not in Beta therefor WE didn't fix it for them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Posted by Paladinchaz:
Good change

Now if only I could figure out what actually rewards JP now.
THIS. Since I hit 90, I haven't earned a single JP, and I must be missing something because I can't figure out how for the life of me.

Scenarios reward Valor.
Dailies reward Valor.
Can't run heroics yet because I don't have the iLvl.
Can't run random non-heroics anymore for whatever reason(and even if I could, 60 JP per run is painfully slow for earning any gear).

So I was able to use the JP I earned leveling to buy one item. Now what? Where do I get the JP to buy the rest?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Honor gear is still better than justice gear.

(a) Honor gear has gem sockets while justice gear does not. Thus, one can get a higher total primary stat by using honor gear.

(b) Honor gear has a set bonus while justice gear does not. Granted, it's a pvp bonus but any bonus is better than no bonus with the possibility that I may want to do a bg or have a duel.

(c) Most of the honor pieces have a higher total value in secondary stats. One gets the same standard secondary stats and, in addition, one gets pvp power and resilience.

In effect, Blizzard wants those who pvp to be able to step into a raid with equal or better gear while those who purely pve will get owned in a bg at least up until they acquire pvp gear.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Thanks for nothing, JP gear is still WORTHLESS! Not only that, but you have enraged nearly your entire player base by waiting until AFTER you release Honor gear to adjust it. Finally, Honor gear is still better than JP gear because it is socketed and therefore easier to itemize.

Bravo.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Maigraith
A step in the right direction, but as long as valor still requires a rep grind, gearing up is gonna be a painful process, especially for alts.

Indeed.
If this doesn't get changed all my toons except one will be in PvP gear when they first start raiding. I'm not grinding rep on them all. I think it's bad game design to force me to do it on even one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
STOP CATERING TO CASUALS! YOU HAD A GOOD SYSTEM STOP BREAKING THINGS BECAUSE PEOPLE CRY.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It's fun to gear up alts so I like this change, as it means will be able to spend more time working on them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Any plans on fixing the Justice system period? Putting the completely retarded Valor system aside: I get less than 100-150 Justice Per heroic. Items cost 1200+. So within 10 heroics, if I don't get a single upgrade, I can FINALLY buy an item. That is worse than that of heroic drops. The only time the "system" is good is when I have an old 85 who is sitting at JP capped, and even then: You can buy 1, or 2 items. Then call it quits. And that's assuming you were JP capped.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
10/04/2012 02:05 AMPosted by Taeon
STOP CATERING TO CASUALS! YOU HAD A GOOD SYSTEM STOP BREAKING THINGS BECAUSE PEOPLE CRY.

You -are- the casual. The system was broken(and still is) beyond belief, and hurt raiders more than anyone. This was a change to help the -raiders- out. Not casuals. Think before you speak. You haven't even -done- the dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
10/04/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Teodoro

You -are- the casual. The system was broken(and still is) beyond belief, and hurt raiders more than anyone. This was a change to help the -raiders- out. Not casuals. Think before you speak. You haven't even -done- the dailies.

And a big EAT ME to you big guy =)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Too little too late for me personally. Guess Ill get more heirlooms lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/01/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Chaingirl
So i take it you all realized how absurd it was to reward people with 450 ilevel gear after 2 weeks of grinding heroics for 463s? How did no one notice this obvious problem BEFORE launch.

This is a very, very good question. I would LOVE to hear the developers' thoughts on this matter, or their original intentions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have one jp item hopefully soon to be replaced. The post above sums it up, justice gear has been reduced to something you just won't have for long. By the time you run enough heroics to buy it, your gear will be better and you won't want it.

Edit: I just noticed that my justice bracers are showing up in the armament as an ilvl 450 item - now if I could only log in to see if this is a glitch with the armament or it's been changed yet again.
Edited by Holanya on 10/7/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Posted by Paladinchaz:
Good change

Now if only I could figure out what actually rewards JP now.
THIS. Since I hit 90, I haven't earned a single JP, and I must be missing something because I can't figure out how for the life of me.

Scenarios reward Valor.
Dailies reward Valor.
Can't run random non-heroics anymore for whatever reason(and even if I could, 60 JP per run is painfully slow for earning any gear).

So I was able to use the JP I earned leveling to buy one item. Now what? Where do I get the JP to buy the rest?

Ditto this. I think I've lost every siingle dungeon roll to a priest or lock so I'm getting nowhere fast.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well this is certainly a step in the right direction. Now let's get to working fixing this rep gating crap you guys created.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Scenarios reward Valor.
Dailies reward Valor.

Ditto this. I think I've lost every siingle dungeon roll to a priest or lock so I'm getting nowhere fast.

Ditto here too.

Basically I've been running Scenarios and hoping for the occasional 463 item out of the chests at the end, in between regular questing in the wastes. Bringing my iLvl up the slow way.

Been halfway thinking I was going to have to run a ton of BGs and convert the Honor to Justice just to buy beginning level Dungeon gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]