Sha of Anger, a rather annoying event.

90 Human Paladin
As happy as I am to have world bosses back, and that it's a 40man.

I can't help noticing that I end up sitting there for hours just trying to tag the Sha of Anger and keep him stationary, and not de-spawned by another raid who is also trying to get it.

I think it would be best to just let who ever does a certain amount of damage to the Sha gets loot, something like 30 to 40%. And then for Healers, I'm not sure, maybe heal x amount when they're in combat with him.

Either way, It's not a fun fight when people are just being nasty to one another and just trying to de-spawn it so they can get the kill instead.

In my opinion, I think that having the world bosses still in the world is great, but make it phased, so every group can do it when they want (Or every 2 hours).

That way, no one can interfere with your kill, it will be less laggy for the raids trying to do it, and even more so for people who are just trying to innocently quest (I remember when people were killing Sha when I was questing, and it was quite laggy).

Also, having it phased will let you make the boss hit harder, making it more of a challenge.
The only challenge so far is keeping it spawned and your raid having the tag.

Great concept, by in my opinion, on populated servers, poorly executed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Just fix it so you can't reset it. I'm sick of having a group reset ours then take the kill. They shouldn't be able to grief us this way.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
just start perma-banning griefers and actually answer tickets on it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/01/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Postonforums

I'm pretty sure Blizzard hasn't handed out a perma ban in like 4 years.

For anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Make Kun-Lai summit a PvP zone like the Gurubashi Arena.

No way this can go wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

Blizzard refuses to police their game, this will never happen.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue

Defining griefing with respect to world bosses is a tricky road to go down. Given two groups of the same faction it seems that there needs to be some recourse to the game registering your mindless aoe spam after their mindless aoe spam. Especially since the world bosses are basically trivial, getting the tag means getting the kill.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Well, as long as it's on a PvP server and BY THE OPPOSING faction it's perfectly fine.

I am fairly certain on a PvE server regardless of faction it's considered griefing. Finally if it's someone on your same faction trying to reset the boss, well I believe that's considered griefing. I know people back in Vanilla were temporarily banned for same faction griefing on Kazzak. That was a long time ago and I have no idea how they do things now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
honestly they should have just instanced them, server infrastructure can't support an outdoor 40 man without hilarious lag. trying to wpvp is impossible.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It spawns every two hours. It sucks, but just go back and kill it later.

With 2 hour respawns, 24 hours in a day, and 7 days a week, you have around 84 tries at it per week to get your kill.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
10/02/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Gròmmash
Well, as long as it's on a PvP server and BY THE OPPOSING faction it's perfectly fine.

Even on PvP servers, there's precedent for banning people who abuse game mechanics. There have been blue posts in the past stating that low-level players intentionally getting killed by Kazzak was considered griefing even on a PvP server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Resetting a mob to gain advantage is exploiting, right?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/02/2012 05:18 AMPosted by Lusignan
Resetting a mob to gain advantage is exploiting, right?

No. All you're doing is engaging the boss and disengaging. The boss resets itself manually by said functions. It is not an exploit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
We were doing World PvP with 3 ~40man raids with no lag on my end trying to get the tag on Sha.

And griefing your own faction is pretty dumb. But all of you saying they should phase the boss clearly want to ruin my PvP fun and i do not like that 1 bit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm going to make an !@# out of myself here.

Do any of you guys remember vanilla world bosses? The intense faction vs faction or guild vs guild fights for boss spawns? The having to sit and wait for the boss to respawn and then call all your guildies to get on so your guild could kill the boss before another group got to it first?

I mean, thats what world bosses are meant for. To spring some life into the serverbase and not be there for handouts.

I personally miss that style. Where the early bird gets the worm. Many a times i used to slaughter the MT on kazzak so the guild would wipe and we could come in and steal their boss. But, that was only on PvP servers that you could do so. In-faction griefing is kinda dumb ill admit but w/e. The boss isn't hard and it respawns fairly regularly. GL next time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
10/02/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Darkspyder
with no lag on my end trying to get the tag on Sha.

This.
There is so much lag on the server end.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Heh, I wish. Doubt they'll do anything though.

Had been in a group yesterday evening over on Arygos trying to kill him so I could use up one of those luck coins, and the Sha had spawned over in the village that has those level 90 elites. Smart-aleck Alliance DK from said realm who wasn't in the group was standing on top of one of the buildings and kept taunting at <10%. Five tries later we managed to get him (our tanks ended up rotating taunts), but the point remains.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Oh world bosses, how I DIDN'T miss you.

Guys, people wanted this. The good, the bad, and the ugly. There's a REASON they took world bosses away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This is the first time ever I am super happy to be on a PvE server. That being said I do think this method of free gear hand outs is more interesting than the TB/Winterspring method of free gear hand outs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]