I can almost see my character facepalming now

55 Draenei Death Knight
It one thing to face kung fu pandas, at least the monkeys and fish were feral but... Kung Fu bugs? I can almost here my character saying "Great, just EFFEN GREAT!" while tossing her hand in the air and engaging in deadly combat with said bug.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
10/01/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Crappytank
It one thing to face kung fu pandas, at least the monkeys and fish were feral but... Kung Fu bugs? I can almost here my character saying "Great, just EFFEN GREAT!" while tossing her hand in the air and engaging in deadly combat with said bug.

What kun fu bugs? The Mantid? They don't fight using kung fu moves.

Edit: Don't not are
Edited by Gruffe on 10/1/2012 11:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why would your character face palm? Your character doesn't have American pop culture experience to face palm over any of this! Your character has no reason to believe bears can't be sentient and know specialized martial arts, having seen, for example Furbolgs. Your character would also have no reason to facepalm over Mantid, having already faced Qiraji and Nerubians.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard hired Carl Douglas to consult.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/02/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Jaelara
Why would your character face palm? Your character doesn't have American pop culture experience to face palm over any of this! Your character has no reason to believe bears can't be sentient and know specialized martial arts, having seen, for example Furbolgs. Your character would also have no reason to facepalm over Mantid, having already faced Qiraji and Nerubians.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/02/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Jaelara

Owned.
Reply Quote
Why do people keep bringing up Kung Fu Panda? Haven't we pointed out 100 times that Pandaren predate furry Jack Black by several years?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I have to honestly say that, after having watched both Kung Fu Panda movies a billion times and the tv series repeatedly, that I no longer associate Mists of Pandaria with it. At first I was a bit nervous to see what they'd do but Po is the last thing that comes to my mind now when playing.

Kudos to Blizzard for creating a spectacularly breathtaking expansion that holds up on its own and can actually distance itself from that particular animated film/series.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
You're totally right, Crappytank.

We should all go back to the high quality days of TBC, when we went to that planet with the darkness-worshipping birds that had crazy evil magic rituals.

I mean, at least the writers had a sense of high class, then.
Edited by Draile on 10/2/2012 6:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The Klaxxi > Terokkar
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Dokarm
The Klaxxi > Terokkar

Hello I'm Fayt of the Shattered Sun, and the Klaxxi are my favorite faction in this video game.

Yea, I just made a Mass Effect 2 reference. WHAT U GONNA DO?!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
oh look it's this thread again.

/drink
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/02/2012 05:14 AMPosted by Spellestra
Why do people keep bringing up Kung Fu Panda? Haven't we pointed out 100 times that Pandaren predate furry Jack Black by several years?

same reasons people think its still cool to hate blood elves
same reason people still think twilight memes are funny
same reason people still use terms like wrath baby or cata kid

basically people are unable to think for themselves so they run to the most popular phrase or analogy or "thing to hate".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Also if you dislike the Mantids this much than you must have hated the nerubians, and the qiraji seeing as they are essentially the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have to honestly say that, after having watched both Kung Fu Panda movies a billion times and the tv series repeatedly, that I no longer associate Mists of Pandaria with it. At first I was a bit nervous to see what they'd do but Po is the last thing that comes to my mind now when playing.

Kudos to Blizzard for creating a spectacularly breathtaking expansion that holds up on its own and can actually distance itself from that particular animated film/series.

^This. I for one am actually satisfied with this expansion... so far.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You dare mock servants of the Old Ones?! UULL lwhuk H'IWN!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Crappytank
It one thing to face kung fu pandas

No.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The Mantid are no different from the Qiraji and the Nerubians. Also, the Story Forum is the last place I would have imagined people complaining about the Pandaren. The vast majority here accepted them as apart of the story a long time ago.

Also, what Jaelara said.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Why exactly are European martial arts fine with you, but Asian martial arts are face palm worthy?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The only reason you see Pandaren and Po both being portly and liking food and drink while being happy is because they are both a play on an ancient theme in Chinese mythology and culture, the Fat Happy Buddha.

It's an emergent phenomenon, Samwise basically took his love for dwarves and merged it with something close to Usagi Yojimbo or something.

It doesn't take a genius to think, hey, Pandas are big and bear like, they must like food and drink!

I guess Yogi Bear liked picnic baskets because he,... uh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]