Runic power problem Frost DK

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Idk about you guys, but ever since they made howling blast no longer give runic power off of the proc, I always run into this period of time where all I can do is auto hit for about 5 seconds in my rotation and it sucks, any ideas on how to get around this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i've run into the same problem. all the armor i have (and looking at alot of the JP/VP stuff) has crit instead of alot of the other (better!) stats. i'd like to see crit get sidelined and more haste added to pieces, that way our rotation doesn't feel too slow. right now i'm reforging crit into haste when i can afford to do that but my haste is only sitting at about 45% whereas in Cata i was at 67% haste causing my runes to regen at almost 2 seconds faster. if they don't fix the armor to account for DKs not needing crit we will always seem to have a lag in battle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This happens to all of us. Not much we can do but wait until later on in the expansion where we'll have a higher haste rating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/02/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Trevallyn
i've run into the same problem. all the armor i have (and looking at alot of the JP/VP stuff) has crit instead of alot of the other (better!) stats. i'd like to see crit get sidelined and more haste added to pieces, that way our rotation doesn't feel too slow. right now i'm reforging crit into haste when i can afford to do that but my haste is only sitting at about 45% whereas in Cata i was at 67% haste causing my runes to regen at almost 2 seconds faster. if they don't fix the armor to account for DKs not needing crit we will always seem to have a lag in battle.

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're doing, maybe you're 2h vs my dw or something, but I never get these downtimes that you're talking about. Are you specced into blood tap? reforged for haste>mastery>crit?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Have you tried using Horn of Winter? I use it for that extra 12 RP, and rarely do I run into a moment of a few RP away from a FS in hopes of proc'ing my Runic Corruption.
Reply Quote
39 Human Mage
you guys are all using frost presence right? i was using unholy for a while and couldn't figure out why i kept running out of runes
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're doing, maybe you're 2h vs my dw or something, but I never get these downtimes that you're talking about. Are you specced into blood tap? reforged for haste>mastery>crit?

2h frost is the sub-spec that prioritizes haste over mastery and mostly uses runic corruption. DW prioritizes mastery and uses runic empowerment in pve. The only way you'd use blood tap would be in pvp, which you would normally be 2h frost because of the heavy obliterates.

Do not prioritize haste as dw frost. Your main spells use frost damage, so reforging to haste would be wasteful. Haste is something you don't want to reforge out of, but not into unless that's an actually viable option (ie: you're capped with exp and hit, and you have mastery already on the gear.)
Edited by Fàbulous on 10/2/2012 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
thanks guys, a lot of that helpped
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

2h frost is the sub-spec that prioritizes haste over mastery and mostly uses runic corruption. DW prioritizes mastery and uses runic empowerment in pve. The only way you'd use blood tap would be in pvp, which you would normally be 2h frost because of the heavy obliterates.

Do not prioritize haste as dw frost. Your main spells use frost damage, so reforging to haste would be wasteful. Haste is something you don't want to reforge out of, but not into unless that's an actually viable option (ie: you're capped with exp and hit, and you have mastery already on the gear.)

I never said I did reforge to haste> mastery, I asked him if he was. I don't think crit is something dks reforge into, so I assume its either mastery>haste for dw or haste>mastery for 2h.
Edited by Bluexorcist on 10/2/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I push 100k+ in heroics, not complaining. DKS are OP right now. be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I've been having the same problems. Been reforging into haste & crit and it's gotten a slight bit better.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/02/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Gorghul
I push 100k+ in heroics, not complaining. DKS are OP right now. be happy.

Dude, shhhh.

Anyway, as you get gear it gets better. Frankly I'm concerned that haste will be devaluled quickly due to /not/ having the downtime I expected.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/02/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Ghatok
Dude, shhhh.

Not exactly a secret, lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]